Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM
All Because Jesus...

Re: Dr. Gerald Jeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
"Now, you talkin' about a strange situation, the gentleman I'm bringing to you now, Dr. Jeffers, I'd never heard him preach. That's a scary thought, isn't it?"

Wow. As much respect as I have for Bro. Mangun, I'm rather shocked that even he would have someone with the amount of controversy behind him as stated just in this thread come and "preach" for his congregation, not to mention the fact that he's never heard him preach before.

I mean, that's what I heard him say. What more evidence is needed to be skeptical?
There are some, within the apostolic movement that are very much on Jeffers bandwagon. I saw leaders in the ALJC eat up everything the man said.... without question... and when I asked qualifying questions about the doctrines... was told I was causing division, because there were too many "signs and wonders" acommpanying his ministry for it to not be right. He was supposedly bringing FRESH BREAD and NEW REVELATION that we needed to hear.

I have no idea, but would almost bet that Mangun was "suggested" to have the guy at BOTT, keeping in mind that's a little different than giving him your pulpit for your congregation. And would almost bet he made sure that for those in the crowd who weren't on the Jeffers bandwagon, he provided the disclaimer that he had never heard the man preach.

I'm an evangelist... I know what that line means when a preacher says that when he's introducing me... it means... if he goes off the deep end, aint my fault.. he was just recommended to me, LOL.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Robbins View Post
There are some, within the apostolic movement that are very much on Jeffers bandwagon. I saw leaders in the ALJC eat up everything the man said.... without question... and when I asked qualifying questions about the doctrines... was told I was causing division, because there were too many "signs and wonders" acommpanying his ministry for it to not be right. He was supposedly bringing FRESH BREAD and NEW REVELATION that we needed to hear.

I have no idea, but would almost bet that Mangun was "suggested" to have the guy at BOTT, keeping in mind that's a little different than giving him your pulpit for your congregation. And would almost bet he made sure that for those in the crowd who weren't on the Jeffers bandwagon, he provided the disclaimer that he had never heard the man preach.

I'm an evangelist... I know what that line means when a preacher says that when he's introducing me... it means... if he goes off the deep end, aint my fault.. he was just recommended to me, LOL.
I gotcha. And, Mangun did mention that Tenney told him about Jeffers. Being that Tenney and Mangun are very close, I'm sure Mangun didn't want to dismiss the opportunity. But, still, caution flags are thrown up anytime I hear "But, I've never heard so-and-so preach before."
Old 06-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

Very interesting; am wondering if Bro Mangun had Dr Jeffers return to his pulpit after 2007?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Very interesting; am wondering if Bro Mangun had Dr Jeffers return to his pulpit after 2007?

BINGO!!!!!! From the perspective as an evangelist... the return visit invitation is much more meaningful to me than the first one.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:49 AM
All Because Jesus...

And if I may cut someone off at the pass here....

I know there are some that will probably post to one incident when Dr. Jeffers preached a great message, or gave them a word they needed, or had a good thought, and somehow think that out weighs his doctrines that he taughts of eternal past souls and little gods.... I give to you the great wisdom of the East TN Hills I was raised in.....

Don't Matter.... even a blind hog can find an acorn every once in a while....
Old 06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Robbins View Post
And if I may cut someone off at the pass here....

I know there are some that will probably post to one incident when Dr. Jeffers preached a great message, or gave them a word they needed, or had a good thought, and somehow think that out weighs his doctrines that he taughts of eternal past souls and little gods.... I give to you the great wisdom of the East TN Hills I was raised in.....

Don't Matter.... even a blind hog can find an acorn every once in a while....
LOL, I could just hear that Appalachian accent now...

I love it...
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM
My Family!

I believe the word is trickling out about him. I know a well-known minister in UPC has experienced heartbreak within his family because of some of his teachings.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I believe the word is trickling out about him. I know a well-known minister in UPC has experienced heartbreak within his family because of some of his teachings.
What does surprise me is there are some churches that will book him, over, and over, and over.... even lost good hard working members over some of his teachings, but the pastors are absolutely enamored with him. I love a local former pastor of mine.... have a huge amount of respect, admiration and love for him. He's not perfect, but I believe him to be one of the most balanced men in regards to holiness, discipleship, vision, compassion.... and when he not only booked Jeffers, but stood behind his teachings... and has rebooked him, it broke my heart.

I got so tired of hearing... This is FRESH BREAD....
Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Never heard of the little god theology before.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroJoe View Post
Never heard of the little god theology before.
Check it out.