Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Re: Dr. Gerald Jeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Robbins View Post
Brother... though I didn't watch the video... I have sat through this "little gods" message in person... as stated before, at New Life here in Nashville. I sat for multiple services, and have the notes from hearing not only the heresy of the "little gods" message, but also the "we are eternal beings eternally past" teaching as well.

So for those that didn't listen to the whole thing... I did... and it's false doctrine and dangerous teaching....
You are a member at New Life Apostolic Church in Nashville? We are almost neighbors as I also live in Middle Tennessee.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Quote:
Brother... though I didn't watch the video... I have sat through this "little gods" message in person... as stated before, at New Life here in Nashville. I sat for multiple services, and have the notes from hearing not only the heresy of the "little gods" message, but also the "we are eternal beings eternally past" teaching as well.

So for those that didn't listen to the whole thing... I did... and it's false doctrine and dangerous teaching....
Hey Bro,

I've heard Jeffers several times, I even have had him sign my Bible and give me a word. In all of his sermons he has always, 100% of the time directed all glory, power, eternity, to Jesus. He has never...again he has never, that I have heard, made himself out to be something more than he is.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:32 PM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
You are a member at New Life Apostolic Church in Nashville? We are almost neighbors as I also live in Middle Tennessee.

No I did attend there, and was ALJC... wasn't a member since they (like so many Apostolic churches) don't have membership.

I left New Life because of the Dr. Jeffers circus and gave up my credentials in the ALJC over it. I was saddened that the Pastor, who I still love greatly, felt he would take a stand with Dr. Jeffers, and has had him back on various occassions since.

The junk that Jeffers taught was so bad, those of us that left felt it was better to leave, than to sit and not be in unity with leadership since leadership had placed such a high regard for Dr. Jeffers teaching.

That is why I am now ordained with Emmanuel Churches of Christ-Pentecostal.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroJoe View Post
Hey Bro,

I've heard Jeffers several times, I even have had him sign my Bible and give me a word. In all of his sermons he has always, 100% of the time directed all glory, power, eternity, to Jesus. He has never...again he has never, that I have heard, made himself out to be something more than he is.
You can do everything you stated in that post... and still preach some heresy among smatterings of Truth. The Little God's teaching is on the verge of Dominionism... at the very least Word of Faith.

And to preach that we are souls that existed prior to birth... that we were eternally existent in the past... that's just not Bible.

If you will read my original posts... the first time I heard him, I loved him... but all false prophets use some truth.

The man's teachings as a whole, have great error... and that is why there is so much controversy over him..... at least here on the East Coast.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I am now ordained with Emmanuel Churches of Christ-Pentecostal.
Are they Oneness Pentecostal? What is their story? What sets them apart from the UPC or ALJC ? Feel free to answer via PM or by starting a thread about them. Until you posted about this org. here on AFF I don't think I had ever heard of them.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-25-2012, 02:47 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Quote:
Until you posted about this org. here on AFF I don't think I had ever heard of them.
Ditto
Old 06-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroJoe View Post
Perhaps you should have watched the entire message.

From my personal experience, sometimes preachers begin preaching a message with some very unusual statements and it leaves me sitting there tense. But by halfway through the message, he brings it all together and the context shifts.
I listened to enough. I've had the Holy Spirit baptism since I was 20, I'm 36 now. I've heard a lot of preaching and been in enough services and bucked up against a few spirits in my time (in church and in prayer). I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed spiritually, but comparing the Word and the spirit I felt while he was preaching - something was BAD OFF.

I am not going to share experiences to validate myself, but I will say this. I heard him several times a while back in Bro. Don Johnson's church in Memphis. No suspicious stuff. It was God. In my spirit, I feel something has happened to him the last year and a half or two years. Don't be surprised if something comes out about him in the future, if he doesn't change.

We aren't gods. Paul said in Romans 7:24 "O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?".

Remember God killed Herod because he did not correct the people declaring Harod was a god in the book of Acts. We do not have God's DNA we can't have a gods joy/peace etc... Authority is delegated, but a god has his own authority and need none be delegated to him.

There is the Joy of the Lord coming from the Lord. It is not ours, it was given to us. Our DNA will not change until we are translated. That is my 4 cents.

I respect your opinion, but politely disagree.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroJoe

Hey Bro,

Why did you have him sign your bible? O.o

Idolize much?
Old 06-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Why did you have him sign your bible? O.o

Idolize much?
I almost had LS sign my bible once but I was afraid it might be his doppleganger angel and not really him so I didn't.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 06-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I almost had LS sign my bible once but I was afraid it might be his doppleganger angel and not really him so I didn't.
You should have. The Old Man from Pawn Stars may have offered you 5 bucks at some point in the future.