Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Great Fellowship meeting

I went to a fellowship meeting a couple weeks ago at another WPF church that is about 45 minutes away from home with my pastor. It was an excellent service with great fellowship afterword. There were approximately eight different men who were representing churches from across the state. Some came from nearly two hours away to be there.

Bro. Thompson who is a missionary to Brazil preached the meeting, and the altars were filled with people seeking the face of God. After the meeting everyone went downstairs to eat and have fellowship.

Because of my job, I do not often get to make meetings like this, although I am paying off my bills so that I may attend more of them. I pray that such fellowship will never become much more common as we strive to reach our world for our Savior Jesus Christ.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: Great Fellowship meeting

Back in the mid nineteen fifties when I started attending a UPC church in Racine, WI we used to have Fellowship Meetings on Saturdays. I think it was one certain Saturday each month. Members and ministers from Churches from Racine, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Genesee-Mukwanago, South Beloit, and maybe others would meet at one of the churches on Saturday afternoon. During the afternoon service there would be special songs, testimonies, and different ministers speaking briefly. If a missionary was in the area, they would speak. Then we would dismiss for dinner in the church parlor, dining room, or outside. After dinner there would be a Pentecostal Conquerors Service (I spoke in one of them once) and then another service afterward. These were some pretty good times but I do remember when some ministers got angry when the issue of television was discussed (railed on) in one of the evening services.