Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Daniel I think the controversary really concerns His human nature whether it was a fallen sinful nature or not. True the end result is the same He did Not sin. He could not have failed. Yet this aspect I think deserves the discussion.
We all believe he was all man and all God ... the man part, had to have had aspects of the fallen nature in his humanity ... or he would not have been able to die ... he overcame sin and death ... he had to fulfill all righteousness.

... the bible says the wages of sin is death .... and because of the sin one man ... death entered our world ....
Old 06-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Incorrect. Adam and Eve had no sinful nature before he sinned. But Eve was still tempted and succumbed.
Adam nor Eve was the Incarnate God that is the difference. Jesus was GOD made flesh. Adam was NOT God made flesh.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Incorrect. Adam and Eve had no sinful nature before they sinned. But Eve was still tempted and succumbed.
Outstanding point ... irrefutable.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Adam nor Eve was the Incarnate God that is the difference. Jesus was GOD made flesh. Adam was NOT God made flesh.
Flesh is manly flesh ... sorry ... unless you are saying his flesh is divine.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Flesh is manly flesh ... sorry ... unless you are saying his flesh is divine.
No His flesh was NOT divine however Divinity was INCARNATED in that flesh. His blood came from God Himself so he did not have the stain of Adam's sin in His holy nature.
Jesus said "the prince of this world cometh and hath nothing in me." The devil could not point to ONE thing or flaw in His life and nature. His nature was SINLESS not SINFUL.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

You know, the whole concept of the fact that Christ COULD HAVE SINNED since He had the potential, is supposed to be an encouragement to us! It is supposed to show us that Christ had the same flesh we have, yet without sin, and that since He walked after the Spirit, He overcame temptation to sin. Gal 5 says that we can likewise walk after the Spirit AND NOT SIN! He really is our example!

If we think Jesus could not have sinned, then He is NO EXAMPLE to us of how to live victoriously! 1 Tim 3:16 shows us the mystery to OUR LIFE OF GODLINESS. God Himself was manifested in flesh like us, YET WAS NOT JUSTFIFIED IN THAT FLESH BUT IN THE SPIRIT! That is OUR ANSWER! Jesus is OUR EXAMPLE!

Quote:
Joh 14:10 KJV Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Joh 14:12 KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
After reading John 14:10, why do we you think Jesus said we can do the works He did because HE GOES TO THE FATHER? We were told the FATHER did the works in Jesus. Then we are told we will do the works Jesus did BECAUSE He would go to the same Father. It's all right there! We need to get the Father indwelling us so we can do the same works Jesus did. That is the SPIRIT in us! And yet if we do not walk AFTER THAT SPIRIT, but instead try in our own strength and justify our selves in the flesh, we will fail. And the whole purpose of the Spirit being in us is WASTED!

He is in us to empower us to live righteously. NO WONDER SAINTS THINK THEY cannot live victoriously. They misunderstand the PURPOSE of the Spirit being in them. And with the Spirit in them, after which they CAN walk, they instead continue to walk after the flesh and mess up.

Christ is our perfect example. That means He could have sinned, but didn't. And we need to learn WHY he did not, since that is our key to living victoriously, too! It's meant to encourage us! If He did it, with flesh like our's, then SO CAN WE. And Gal 5 proves it!

Quote:
Gal 5:16 KJV This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
But we have to go further than repeating acts 2:38 forever, and study these things.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
No His flesh was NOT divine however Divinity was INCARNATED in that flesh. His blood came from God Himself so he did not have the stain of Adam's sin in His holy nature.
Jesus said "the prince of this world cometh and hath nothing in me." The devil could not point to ONE thing or flaw in His life and nature. His nature was SINLESS not SINFUL.
His blood came from who???

This is the divine blood doctrine???

His blood came from his humanity ....
Old 06-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
That is not the point. Jesus is the LAST ADAM. It matters not if Jesus was God incarnate in this issue. It matters if he had flesh like us or not.

Otherwise, HE WAS NO EXAMPLE! And we miss all the purposes of why He said He did nothing without the Father in Him doing the works. That is just our position, as well. We have GOD IN US. And we can therefore walk after that Spirit like Jesus did and succeed.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
His blood came from who???

This is the divine blood doctrine???

His blood came from his humanity ....
NOPE the blood came from God. Acts 20:28.

The created blood of God.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
You know, the whole concept of the fact that Christ COULD HAVE SINNED since He had the potential, is supposed to be an encouragement to us! It is supposed to show us that Christ had the same flesh we have, yet without sin, and that since He walked after the Spirit, He overcame temptation to sin. Gal 5 says that we can likewise walk after the Spirit AND NOT SIN! He really is our example!

If we think Jesus could not have sinned, then He is NO EXAMPLE to us of how to live victoriously! 1 Tim 3:16 shows us the mystery to OUR LIFE OF GODLINESS. God Himself was manifested in flesh like us, YET WAS NOT JUSTFIFIED IN THAT FLESH BUT IN THE SPIRIT! That is OUR ANSWER! Jesus is OUR EXAMPLE!

After reading John 14:10, why do we you think Jesus said we can do the works He did because HE GOES TO THE FATHER? We were told the FATHER did the works in Jesus. Then we are told we will do the works Jesus did BECAUSE He would go to the same Father. It's all right there! We need to get the Father indwelling us so we can do the same works Jesus did. That is the SPIRIT in us! And yet if we do not walk AFTER THAT SPIRIT, but instead try in our own strength and justify our selves in the flesh, we will fail. And the whole purpose of the Spirit being in us is WASTED!

He is in us to empower us to live righteously. NO WONDER SAINTS THINK THEY live victoriously. They misunderstand the PURPOSE of the Spirit being in them. And wikth the Spirit in them, after which they CAN walk, they instead continue to walk after the flesh and mess up.

Christ is our perfect example. That means He could have sinned, but didn't. And we need to learn WHY he did not, since that is our key to living victoriously, too! It's meant to encourage us! If He did it, with flesh like our's, then SO CAN WE. And Gal 5 proves it!

But we have to go further than repeating acts 2:38 forever, and study these things.

POST OF THE MONTH