Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
tulsa 6

Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: 1> Did the Tulsa 6 have a right to start WPF ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
Read the email again. It seems to imply that they bought an updated list every year for events, and used the same one over and over throughout the year. Whether you see it as right of wrong, is your viewpoint. I really could care less at this point what they did, because I see them as just another UPCI.
Thanks for posting that Matt, and I appreciate your independent viewpoint.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
I just realized I spelled member wrong. TWICE!!!!! hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought that it was sort of Freudian. A meme is an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture.

So when you typed "memeber" it almost makes sense as a play on words. You've become quite the highbrow. Are you certain that we're worthy to receive your memes?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Will the Tulsa 6 make their membership contact info available to the UPCI if they request it?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
Will the Tulsa 6 make their membership contact info available to the UPCI if they request it?
No!!! They are keeping there list private so no one will call any of their members since they got them by sheer act of God.. you know they would never steal someone elses saints so how dare anyone else think of doing so?!?! jk
Old 02-06-2008, 07:26 PM
When in doubt, bail out...

I do have one comment that was alluded to before regarding the WPF; obviously, people are people and they can do what they wish; however, there are ethical ways and unethical ways of doing things.

Personally, I think that their motives are completely selfish. Being in the position that I am (connections with UPCI HQ), there is more to the WPF than meets the eye. And there is more behind the scenes than what can actually be seen.

For instance, WPF was NOT created just because of the TV issue, this has been in effect for a while now. It seems that they were waiting for the perfect time to launch their efforts; possibly when it would appear to have the most "controversy".

If you notice who is on the Executive board of WPF, it is a list of men who have continuely tried to be a part of the UPCI Executive Board, but have been shunned and disregarded. It is a list of men who desperately want their names to be in the forefront. Which is actually very sad...that you have to start your own organizaton so that you can have control.

Also, I do not feel that the UPC is "going liberal" just because they voted on allowing advertisments on TV. Times change and they are rolling with the changes and trying to broaden their efforts in reaching the lost. The foundation of the UPCI has not been altered one bit...conservative/liberal - whatever. UPCI still believes that repentance, baptism in Jesus Name, receiving the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues, and living a holy and pure life are still the foundations of the UPCI - which is the Apostolic Message - PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Well...I guess that's all I have to say...except one more thing. As a perfectionist and embracing my OCDS, can you please read your posts before posting them to make sure that they are not filled with grammatical errors or mispellings. Very frustrating...ha
Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Yes, they have a constitutional right. No problem.

No, it was not done right. Too many ethical violations are involved that only the unscrupulous can appreciate.

Actually, I am very hurt over this. Men of whom I once held the highest regard, respect and admiration for have (I edited the last portion of this sentence).

No amount of holiness preaching that they might do will undo the damage done. It is trust and confidence betrayed.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I'm not UPCI,so I'm not in the loop,but I don't see anything wrong with folks starting ministerial fellowships provided things are done ethical.
I'm not UC so I proably don't know too much about this sort of situation,but church politics is wearysome to me.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilanastasia View Post
I do have one comment that was alluded to before regarding the WPF; obviously, people are people and they can do what they wish; however, there are ethical ways and unethical ways of doing things.

Personally, I think that their motives are completely selfish. Being in the position that I am (connections with UPCI HQ), there is more to the WPF than meets the eye. And there is more behind the scenes than what can actually be seen.

For instance, WPF was NOT created just because of the TV issue, this has been in effect for a while now. It seems that they were waiting for the perfect time to launch their efforts; possibly when it would appear to have the most "controversy".

If you notice who is on the Executive board of WPF, it is a list of men who have continuely tried to be a part of the UPCI Executive Board, but have been shunned and disregarded. It is a list of men who desperately want their names to be in the forefront. Which is actually very sad...that you have to start your own organizaton so that you can have control.

Also, I do not feel that the UPC is "going liberal" just because they voted on allowing advertisments on TV. Times change and they are rolling with the changes and trying to broaden their efforts in reaching the lost. The foundation of the UPCI has not been altered one bit...conservative/liberal - whatever. UPCI still believes that repentance, baptism in Jesus Name, receiving the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues, and living a holy and pure life are still the foundations of the UPCI - which is the Apostolic Message - PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Well...I guess that's all I have to say...except one more thing. As a perfectionist and embracing my OCDS, can you please read your posts before posting them to make sure that they are not filled with grammatical errors or mispellings. Very frustrating...ha
:TulsaRO CKS:
Old 02-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I agree that mispelling drives ya crazy!!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I will start with saying I will guarantee that any and all my post and threads will be filled with grammatical errors or misspellings. If spell check don’t pick it up, O well.

Criticizing my English is not being a perfectionist it is being arrogant. You have no idea my background.

Correct WPF was not just created just because of TV. That was just the last straw.

No matter how the founders of WPF started the fellowship there would be some who still say it was unethical.

There was obviously a need for WPF or you would not be seeing so many pastor/ministers signing up with WPF.

I’m assuming you will find fault with each and every Pastor/Minister that goes with WPF. If that is the case you will be busy.

I do know some of (founders of WPF) these men and I feel the motives are not selfish in any way. These men are well respected and well liked men of God. Regardless to what you may say about these men.

Within a short time you will be hearing about a lot of other men of God that are well liked and well respected leaving the UPC and going WPF. Because there is a need.

Will a backslider recognize your church.

The foundation of the UPCI has been altered. There are many UPC churches allowing thing to creep into the churches that would not had been allowed 10 – 20 years ago. It is not just with a few. In many many UPC churches the majority of the saints have a TV. If you get TV on your computer that is wrong also.

Our people should look different inside and out. Because we are different.

Bring involved in UPC for as long as I have I would say there is more to UPC than meets the eye.

Time will tell

Dan’D