Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-09-2020, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: The United States NEEDS to Repent or Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
On the one hand, you are a Christian.

On the other hand, you are an American, you love America, you're a patriot.

On the third hand you seem intent on keeping God and the Bible as far away from "saving the republic" as possible, except for some real basic lip service.

No. I simply don't think America is more deserving of judgment than Holland, for example. Your accusation of me is ridiculous. Quite the contrary to what you accuse me f, I believe it is because there are so many godly people in it that God will not destroy this land.

So, I'd say you are the literal poster child for what I've been saying for awhile now, to which you have repeatedly objected. Yet you keep proving my point for me.

So my conclusion to the whole mess?

A hard rain's a gonna fall. And a whole lot of people are gonna suffer, needlessly, simply because they just will not get right with God. And no, these aren't the lefties I'm talking about. It's the MAGA crowd.

I also have hope that a remnant is figuring this out, and THEY will the be ones who actually get something substantive done over the next couple decades.

And folks like YOU will likely, sadly, be first in line to oppose them and call for their being GITMOed.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't think you understand what "natural law" actually means. It's a cop out. A way to get away from THUS SAITH JEHOVAH.

We ought to stand for God's law, not man's law, and not some undefined vague concept of "natural rights".
I don't agree. John Locke was saying THUS SAITH Jehovah.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I have heard and seen more people, people in politics and people in government service that talk about Jesus Christ before they have shouted USA, USA!

I am glad that you aren’t God, because your first comments and outlook appear negative quite a lot. If you carried a blanket behind you, I wouldn’t be surprised.

You are so doomsday, it is a wonder you even want to get up in the mornings. Sorry, but there are some days when I am like, enough of the black clouds!!

You make me feel really tired. Do you ever have joy?
Yeah. Our friend is making some false accusations imo.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
See? I'm gonna say it again, you are actually proving my point.

But I don't think you can see it, so I'm not going to belabor it.

By the way, it isn't about the US "deserving judgment more than Holland". Holland is in the same stewpot we are, just a little further along. In fact, Holland's future redemption is bound up with ours.

The issue is that America isn't Nigeria or Sri Lanka or China. We have a national responsibility and therefore are subject to more direct Divine correction.

"Have fun stormin' da caaaastle!"

There will be no victory worth the telling if the battle isn't fought the Lord's way.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-09-2020, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
See? I'm gonna say it again, you are actually proving my point.

But I don't think you can see it, so I'm not going to belabor it.

By the way, it isn't about the US "deserving judgment more than Holland". Holland is in the same stewpot we are, just a little further along. In fact, Holland's future redemption is bound up with ours.

The issue is that America isn't Nigeria or Sri Lanka or China. We have a national responsibility and therefore are subject to more direct Divine correction.

"Have fun stormin' da caaaastle!"

There will be no victory worth the telling if the battle isn't fought the Lord's way.
And you seem to think you have a corner on the market deciding what the Lord's way is.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I have heard and seen more people, people in politics and people in government service that talk about Jesus Christ before they have shouted USA, USA!

I am glad that you aren’t God, because your first comments and outlook appear negative quite a lot. If you carried a blanket behind you, I wouldn’t be surprised.

You are so doomsday, it is a wonder you even want to get up in the mornings. Sorry, but there are some days when I am like, enough of the black clouds!!

You make me feel really tired. Do you ever have joy?
I am so glad there is a neat little handy option called "user lists". You can handily put anyone you want on ignore. Then you can't see their posts. You should try it sometimes. It will bring you happiness, I guarantee it!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-09-2020, 06:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
And you seem to think you have a corner on the market deciding what the Lord's way is.
Yep. You will cheer when people like me are rounded up, won't you?

You do you. Have fun, O.

Old 12-09-2020, 07:06 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I am so glad there is a neat little handy option called "user lists". You can handily put anyone you want on ignore. Then you can't see their posts. You should try it sometimes. It will bring you happiness, I guarantee it!
I’d rather you’d stop being so depressing all the time.

We are the most blessed people on the earth and will reign with Him someday. If you have ever made a mistake and felt and known His forgiveness, that is cause for joy. In life or death, we are blessed.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:07 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Ooops...
Old 12-09-2020, 07:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I’d rather you’d stop being so depressing all the time.

We are the most blessed people on the earth and will reign with Him someday. If you have ever made a mistake and felt and known His forgiveness, that is cause for joy. In life or death, we are blessed.
I depress you because I don't tell you what you want to hear, I guess. I'm actually very happy right now. I just became a grandpa. Thanks be to Jesus!

Trust me, I'm not depressed nor am I depressing.

Except to people who expect me to genuflect everytime they play the pipes I guess?
1 Kings 22:8 KJV
And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may enquire of the Lord : but I hate him; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so.