Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Bruce Klein

The Sabbath Day, Should You Keep or not Keep?

This is part 1. The other parts follow.

There is a Sabbath Day you should be keeping! Yes, you are sinning, if you are not keeping the Sabbath Day holy!

You say ‘what’!!!!! Bruce Klein you are a New Covenant Christian; you are under the New Covenant! Why do you have to keep the Sabbath Day?

Please read my full study on the Sabbath Day before commenting.
http://www.freewebs.com/sisterphylli...sabbathday.htm

Satan’s Great Deception!
How Satan has deceived the Church

First
Do you keep 9 of the Ten Commandments?
Why bother with 9, if you are not going to keep all 10?

Second KJV’s deception

Acts 20:7, I Cor.16:2, John 20:19 & Hebrews 4:9 have been deliberately mistranslated to deceive YOU!

Note: Many pastors, Bible students, etc. have The Interlinear Greek-English New Testament by Jay P. Green, Sr., General Editor and Translator. Mr. Green, Sr. also has available an inexpensive yet very nice leather Bible of his English translation, complete having both the O.T. and the N.T. It is titled The Literal Translation of the Holy Bible. The address is Sovereign Grace Publishers, P.O. Box 4998, Lafayette, IN 47903. The following verses marked Jay Green are from his translation. His translation can be viewed in the On-line Bible and E-sword Bible programs. On E-sword, it is LITV.

Acts 20:7“And upon the first day of the week (G4521), when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.” Acts 20:7 King James Version
The word “week” should be translated “Sabbaths.” From Greek to English, this should be translated in the genitive plural – “of Sabbaths.” The genitive case is used to show possession.

Should be translated:“And on the first of the Sabbaths, the disciples having been assembled to break bread, being about to depart on the morrow, Paul reasoned to them. And he continued his speech until midnight.” Acts 20:7 Jay Green
“εν δε τη μια των σαββατων4521 συνηγμενων των μαθητων του κλασαι αρτον ο παυλος διελεγετο αυτοις μελλων εξιεναι τη επαυριον παρετεινεν τε τον λογον μεχρι μεσονυκτιου” Acts 20:7 Greek New Testament

Note: “And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.” Acts 20:9

Eutychus is a Greek name, which shows there was at least one Greek present in this meeting. So many, many years (30+?) after Jesus’ ascension, a Greek convert to Christianity (at least one) is keeping the Sabbath in Troas, a gentile city! Being in a gentile city, everyone in this meeting may have been a gentile except Paul! Notice they are not meeting in a synagogue! This is totally a disciple’s meeting.
So even after 30 years, the Holy Spirit is still writing about the Sabbath Day that you are not keeping.

1 Corinthians 16:2“Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.” 1 Corinthians 16:2 King James Version

Should be translated:“On one of the Sabbaths, let each of you put by himself, storing up whatever he is prospered, that there not be collections then when I come.” 1 Corinthians 16:2 Jay Green
“κατα μιαν σαββατων4521 εκαστος υμων παρ εαυτω τιθετω ο τι αν ευοδωται ινα μη οταν ελθω τοτε λογιαι γινωνται” 1 Corinthians 16:2 Greek New Testament

Note: Again, this is maybe 30 years after Jesus’ ascension. The gentiles in Corinthian are meeting on the Sabbath!

John 20:19“Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.” John 20:19 KJV

Should be translated:“Then it being evening on that day, the first of the Sabbaths, and the doors having been locked where the disciples were assembled because of fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst and said to them, Peace to you.” John 20:19 Jay Green
“ουσης ουν οψιας τη ημερα εκεινη τη μια των σαββατων4521 και των θυρων κεκλεισμενων οπου ησαν μαθηται συνηγμενοι δια τον φοβον των ιουδαιων ηλθεν ο ιησους και εστη εις το μεσον και λεγει αυτοις ειρηνη υμιν” John 20:19 Greek New Testament

Note: After Jesus’ death the Sabbath is still kept. How did the Sabbath get eliminated???

G4521 σαββατον sabbaton
Thayer Definition:
1) the seventh day of each week which was a sacred festival on which the Israelites were required to abstain from all work: 1a) the institution of the Sabbath, the law for keeping holy every seventh day of the week
1b) a single Sabbath, Sabbath day
Does the King James Version ever translate the Greek word “sabbaton” correctly? YES, when the translators want to, they do translate “sabbaton” correctly! Examples: Acts 13:27, 42, 44; 15:21; 16:13; 18:4

For more Biblical facts, you may wish to see my study on the Sabbath Day.

Before posting, please read my study on the Sabbath Day.

Sabbat Shaloam.

In Jesus,
Brother Bruce
Old 08-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Bruce Klein

The Sabbath Day, Should You Keep or not Keep? Part 2

Hebrews 4:9“Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left [us] of entering into his rest (katapausis, 2663), any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard [it]. For we which have believed do enter into rest (katapausis, 2663), as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest (katapausis, 2663): although the works were finished from the foundation of the world For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this wise, And God did rest (katapauō, 2664) the seventh day from all his works. And in this [place] again, If they shall enter into my rest . Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest (katapauō, 2664), then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest (sabbatismos, 4520, should be Sabbath-rest, Please see note) to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest (katapausis, 2663) , he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his (This is not only a spiritual rest, but also a physical rest, for God did rest on the 7th day from His work). Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest (katapausis, 2663) , lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.” Hebrews 4:1-11 KJV

Note: There is a different Greek word used here for the word “rest”. This Greek word is “sabbatismos”; the Strong’s number is 4520. The word should be translated Sabbath-rest. “There remaineth therefore a “Sabbath” rest to the people of God.” Hebrews 4:9

G4520 σαββατισμός sabbatismos
Thayer Definition:
1) a keeping Sabbath
2) the blessed rest from toils and troubles looked for in the age to come by the true worshippers of God and true Christians
Part of Speech: noun masculine

G2663 κατάπαυσις katapausis
Thayer Definition:
1) a putting to rest
1a) calming of the winds
2) a resting place
2a) metaphorically the heavenly blessedness in which God dwells, and of which he has promised to make persevering believers in Christ partakers after the toils and trials of life on earth are ended
Part of Speech: noun feminine A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G2664

G2664 καταπαύω katapauō
Thayer Definition:
1) to make quiet, to cause to be at rest, to grant rest
1a) to lead to a quiet abode
1b) to still, restrain, to cause (one striving to do something) to desist
2) to rest, take rest
Part of Speech: verb A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G2596 and G3973

“So, then, there remains a Sabbath rest to the people of God.”
Hebrews 4:9 Jay Green’s Literal Translation

1 Corinthians 11:1
“Be imitators of me, as I am also of Christ.’ ’1 Corinthians 11:1
Paul says to imitate him. What did Paul do with the Sabbath? Did he keep it? YES!

Luke 23:55-56“And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulcher, and how his body was laid. 56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment.” Luke 23:55-56

NOTE: These women had sat at the feet of Jesus. He had taught them. After His resurrection, did He come back and say forget all my teachings we are in a New Covenant? NO, He had taught them preparing them for the New Covenant! So now after His death, they continue in His teachings.

Please read my study on the Sabbath Day before commenting.

Sabbat Shaloam.

In Jesus,
Brother Bruce
Old 08-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Bruce Klein

The Sabbath Day, Should You Keep or not Keep? Part 3

Third The Sabbath Day in the future
“For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.” Isaiah 66:22-23
“And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.” Isaiah 58:12
“If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shalt honor him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:” Isaiah 58:13
“Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath [days]: Which are a shadow of things to come (future, after the church age); but the body [is] of Christ.” Colossians 2:16-17

“But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day:” Matthew 24:20
This verse is saying that after Jesus’ resurrection there will still be the Sabbath day!

Fourth
How did the Sabbath Day get canceled? The internet has many great articles. Have fun!

Another question
What day is the Sabbath Day? Sunday is the Sabbath Day for those in the USA.

Please read my study on the Sabbath Day before commenting

You may wish to read my Blogs - http://brobruce.blogspot.com/

Sabbat Shaloam.

In Jesus,
Brother Bruce
Old 08-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Brother Klein you are alive.I was wondering.
Good thoughts.Sundays for me envolve church/eat and sleep.
I prefer not to cook but eat chinese or greek but then thats
an ongoing affair for me.lol..
Old 08-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

And so now let the discussion begin. Everywhere I look in the New Testament I am told the Old is done away. If no one else demonstrates this before me I will do it. Very little time to do it right now.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Colossians 2:1 - Colossians 2:23 (KJV)
1For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; 2That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

4And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. 5For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. 18Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. 20Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21(Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23Which things have indeed a show of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 08-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

The sabbath is a SHADOW of the body of Christ. We have the eternal Sabbath, and not a mere day, when we have Christ.

Sabbath day was a memorial of OLD CREATION. Not NEW. We are in the New creation, and this sabbath NEVER ENDS AT SUNDOWN!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

One of the greatest reasons God set up a sabbath was so the poor old tired mule could get a day of rest from plowing.Then there is the hired servant to
remember.He needed a day off as well not just to trudge away seven days
and then die from exhaustion.There was a sabbath of the land as well.It needed rest before its nutrients were exhausted.Its a proven fact that planting the same crop every year without rotation and without a rest
exhaust the nutrients in the soil.We didn't need plant science to tell us this
God already did in His word.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

To begin we ask did the Holy Ghost require the Gentile Christians to keep the law of Moses? The answer is here:

23: And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24: Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25: It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26: Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27: We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28: For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29: That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
30: So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:
31: Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation. Acts 15:21

This is word for word the will of the Lord Yeshua for the Gentile disciples.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

The modern day Torah keepers point out that Paul attended the Synagogue on the Sabbath day. However a close examination of the facts reveal that in all the cases in the book of Acts where Paul went to the Synagogue on the Sabbath he went to PREACH YESHUA AS THE MESSIAH.

It would be interesting for Bruce to show examples that this is not accurate according to the book of Acts. If it becomes necessary to show ALL the examples in Acts it can be done.

It would then be demonstrated that in nearly ALL CASES after the Messianic message was preached concerning Yeshua the Apostles were violently thrown OUT OF THE SYNAGOGUES.