Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Terrorist Attacks In Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Jonathan Edwards claimed he felt the Lord impress on him there would be such a Christian revival in the world that it would dissolve the Muslim religion by conversions.
Amen, the sound of faith is such a beautiful melody.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
And smile as they cut your head off.
Yes, but will you pray that the Lord Jesus not lay the sin to their charge, or hope instead Christ doesn't forgive them?

That's the real question.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 11-15-2015, 01:11 AM
Administrator

My wife and I became very good friends with a Muslim women from Nigeria while I attended university named Rasheedah. We preached Christ to her and she even attended church with us once. She was and is a very articulate, warm-hearted, friendly, loving person. She wouldn't lift her hand to harm a soul.

Some of you would indict her for crimes she hasn't committed because some Muslims in the world are criminals. Guilt by association is not the law of the land in this country.

Not all Catholics priests are pedophiles. Not all Baptists are Westboro Baptists. Not all Tamils are Tigers. Not all Irish people are IRA. Not all Italians are mobsters. Not all Chinese people know Kung-Fu. Not all southern white people are trailer trash. Not all black people are hoodlums. Not all medieval Christians were Crusaders.

AND NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS!

Tonight at work a coworker asked me "Aren't you afraid of Muslims?" (We were talking name derivations and I was explaining how in my Arabic class my professor called me Haroon, Arabic for Aaron, and that got the whole ball rolling).

I replied, "Not at all." Her jaw dropped incredulously like I was the one who was crazy.

This bigoted, stereotyping, generalized hatred for an entire people group because a small percentage have a screw loose is shameful. It is not representative of Christianity as a faith, or of Christ as its Founder.

Last edited by votivesoul; 11-15-2015 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:16 AM
Administrator

You know, such a massive, well co-ordinated attack would take months to plan, going back to at least summer, well before there was a Syrian refugee crisis in Europe.

Not to mention, the terrorists even attacked the very stadium were French President Hollande was at, at the time this all happened.

How did some recently arrived, homeless, starving refugees do any of this? How did they have intel on where the President of France was going to be at the time they attacked?

This isn't about refugees or immigration, or etc. We need to wake up.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
My wife and I became very good friends with a Muslim women from Nigeria while I attended university named Rasheedah. We preached Christ to her and she even attended church with us once. She was and is a very articulate, warm-hearted, friendly, loving person. She wouldn't lift her hand to harm a soul.

Some of you would indict her for crimes she hasn't committed because some Muslims in the world are criminals. Guilt by association is not the law of the land in this country.

Not all Catholics priests are pedophiles. Not all Baptists are Westboro Baptists. Not all Tamils are Tigers. Not all Irish people are IRA. Not all Italians are mobsters. Not all Chinese people know Kung-Fu. Not all southern white people are trailer trash. Not all black people are hoodlums. Not all medieval Christians were Crusaders.

Tonight at work a coworker asked me "Aren't you afraid of Muslims?" (We were talking name derivations and I was explaining how in my Arabic class my professor called me Haroon, Arabic for Aaron, and that got the whole ball rolling).

I replied, "Not at all." Her jaw dropped incredulously like I was the one who was crazy.

This bigoted, stereotyping, generalized hatred for an entire people group because a small percentage have a screw loose is shameful. It is not representative of Christianity as a faith, or of Christ as its Founder.
Thank you for the sanity.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:00 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
You know, such a massive, well co-ordinated attack would take months to plan, going back to at least summer, well before there was a Syrian refugee crisis in Europe.

Not to mention, the terrorists even attacked the very stadium were French President Hollande was at, at the time this all happened.

How did some recently arrived, homeless, starving refugees do any of this? How did they have intel on where the President of France was going to be at the time they attacked?

Old 11-15-2015, 06:24 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:

Nice post but no one here has said "All Muslims Are Terrorists". A LOT OF TERRORISTS SEEM TO HAVE THE COMMON BOND OF ISLAM, but not every single Muslim is a terrorist. So stop with the straw man arguments.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:26 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:

You must not be paying attention. One of the men who massacred in Paris posed as a Syrian refugee.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Banned

very nice, VS.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:12 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Nice post but no one here has said "All Muslims Are Terrorists". A LOT OF TERRORISTS SEEM TO HAVE THE COMMON BOND OF ISLAM, but not every single Muslim is a terrorist. So stop with the straw man arguments.
DB, no one said that all Muslims are terrorist but then follow that up with all terrorist are in Islam? How about if you are in Islam you are a Muslim? DB just face the facts, if or when Muslims start getting killed because they are Muslims. Or any sort of hate crimes are committed against Muslim in the land of the free home of the brave. Please try to understand that there are people not unlike yourself who can't tell the difference between a good Muslim and a Terrorist Muslim. They quote from Muslim religious books and make statements on how the religion is a religion of hate. While I am not defending Islam, I am defending my own religious freedom. Because if frenzied citizens as yourself, seems to be that you might, just might, welcome legislation which would outlaw an offending religion?

Not saying you would ever do that. Just sounds like you would. Yet you need to watch how you, and your comrades post. Especially if you don't want people to not confuse the issue. Which tends to happen when people post things like Muslims cannot be preached to, or hear the Gospel, or will cut your head off if you try. Really sounds like smear. So, if you all don't want to have any confusion as to your true intent, you may want to try not to confuse the religion with the Radical Terrorists? Just make your thoughts a lot clearer on how you can separate between the good the bad and the ugly.