Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Brother Strange

Tennesse Football

This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee , by school Principal, Jody McLeod .

"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable! means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...

I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology."

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment."

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff an d students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical... I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.

" However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM,in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!

JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER."
Old 08-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

You know Tennessee is God's country, right?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
You know Tennessee is God's country, right?
Probably more than the average.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee , by school Principal, Jody McLeod .

"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable! means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...

I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology."

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment."

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff an d students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical... I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.

" However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM,in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!

JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER."
I was in college in at Roane County Community College when that went on. It was an interesting story. At the time he would not have gotten in trouble for praying before a game, at least not in the state of TN. Though it did make for a good story. I accually brought more press than the game itself. Which was a huge rivalry game. RC lost, I believe. Thank God for unanswered prayer....I was pulling for Kingston High, the team they played against.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Probably more than the average.
And right now it's hotter than average. It's 101 and rising! The heat index is probably over 110 and it is so hot one can hardly breathe outside....
Old 08-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
And right now it's hotter than average. It's 101 and rising! The heat index is probably over 110 and it is so hot one can hardly breathe outside....
At this moment it is 91 here...a full ten degrees cooler. You'd think that it would be hotter here. But, I think the humidity is probably higher here.

This is still God's country though.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
At this moment it is 91 here...a full ten degrees cooler. You'd think that it would be hotter here. But, I think the humidity is probably higher here.

I'm sure your humidity is worse down there. Ours isn't bad today. It's pure heat!!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Quote:

I live in Arizona as it is a blazing 94 Degrees at noon. It will get up to 112 today. We are in the middle of monsoon season, high humidity for this dry climate. The humidity will be around 60% so add that on top of the heat, you boil in your skin.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Brother Strange

Oooops...

It just got up to 92. But, I don't think that we have nearly as much as 60% humidity today.

Please assure me that there will be no high humidity in heaven....
Old 08-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Right now it's 97 where I'm at. Relative humidity if 39%. Heat index at current time is 103. I played golf earlier today and was sure glad to get
back in the a/c.