Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: TD Jakes echurch

I misread the title, thought it said TD Jakes eunuch.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV

Last edited by Cindy; 10-15-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
I misread the title, thought it said TT Jakes eunuch.
I did too! I was thinking, "Good grief, now what?!"

You just never know, things seem to change for celebrities, um I mean televangelists.

Last edited by Cindy; 10-15-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Oh really? Like what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire View Post
Jakes used to be Apostolic.

His church still baptizes in the name of Jesus Christ but he no longer teaches oneness by his own admission and I don't think he ever taught the necessity of baptism. He's been a one-stepper since I can remember, he wasn't always as compromising and liberal as he is now though. Neither were the Brady's for that matter.
i would venture to say that td jakes ministry has baptized more people in jesus name than any other apostolic in the history of christianity. he has the biggest apostolic church in history. he is the most effective apostolic minister in the history of christianity outside of paul. i think a case can be made. any challengers?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
i would venture to say that td jakes ministry has baptized more people in jesus name than any other apostolic in the history of christianity. he has the biggest apostolic church in history. he is the most effective apostolic minister in the history of christianity outside of paul. i think a case can be made. any challengers?
Really? He personally?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Really? He personally?
his ministry. can you name any other apostolic ministry that is greater outside of the original 12?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Heh. DM....moot point.

We do not know the men and women who labored for Christ's ministry since the apostles. We do not know those many men and women that laid down their lives for Christ. There are martyrs currently in the world laying down their lives for Christ in their personal witness. TD Jakes and 99.99% of us are not greater than these people who died for their witness.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
Heh. DM....moot point.

We do not know the men and women who labored for Christ's ministry since the apostles. We do not know those many men and women that laid down their lives for Christ. There are martyrs currently in the world laying down their lives for Christ in their personal witness. TD Jakes and 99.99% of us are not greater than these people who died for their witness.
i'm not saying he is the greatest in the kingdom. i'm talking about the effect of an apostolic ministry on the greatest number of people.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I did too! I was thinking, "Good grief, now what?!"

You just never know, things seem to change for celebrities, um I mean televangelists.
Okay, Cindy! I see you added this. I just want everyone to know that I didn't have this in my original post. lol!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

I think the more important question here would be who does God justify?

Let's look at the contrast.

We have some who are millionaires from tithes and donations. They live high off the hog teet, living in the best homes, driving the best cars, eating the finest foods...you name it, they are able to buy it.

Or...some very poor saint in a third world country who has nothing but himself and refuses to bow to fanatical pressure to denounce Jesus...and is killed. He loses the only thing valuable to him...his life.

What does Christ think?

We may be asked to give our all...what do we plan to give to God in our own personal ministry? Get ready....it's coming to America. Best to be making your decisions now and getting prayed up for that time that is soon to come.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
i'm not saying he is the greatest in the kingdom. i'm talking about the effect of an apostolic ministry on the greatest number of people.
Still a moot point.

We should never attach greatness to any one person except Christ.

I dare say TD Jakes or any high profile minister does not live like the Apostles lived. We count numbers, God looks at the hearts of those numbers. Only God knows the real effectiveness of those numbers.