Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Banned

Re: Apostolic Assembly News-surprising footage

Wow! This is all disgusting.... Lawsuits, protests, being charged to hear preaching, being guilted into giving money, needing to take out loans to give money, preparing all year to have a huge party for a pastor... and all this in church...

I wonder where the apostle's doctrine has place in all this? Is it even a consideration with such chaos? Not likely.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Reading jdm05 post about the church she grew up in and comparing it to ours here in Phoenix and I do not see the same organization. That is sad. A couple years ago we took up a HUGE offering for our pastor. We took money from the general church fund and then added to it. NO ONE was made to feel like they had to give if they did not have it. NO ONE was told who gave and who didn't. This just sounds like two different worlds. I am heart broken over what I have been seeing and reading. I know our pastor has said in the past that He is glad God helped him to understand when he made a mistake. I know a couple of times over the pulpit he has made comment about being sorry for some of the things he did and said over to the congregation when he was a young minister. He also said he was thankful for the people who were willing to forgive him his ignorant youth.
He has said before that he has been criticized for the size of his congregation. Oh you don't preach truth like you should so that is why you have a larger church. You let down standards that is why you have a large group. He has told them "No, I love people the God loves me. You should try it sometime. Maybe your church would grow too." I do not worship my pastor, I worship God. I love my pastor and his family, I am thankful for them every day. God only knows what I could have gotten mixed up in when we first arrived in Phoenix but by the grace and mercy of God we found PFAC.
My heart is heavy with grief over the things I have been learing about ALL organizations. Don't you think though that God is trying to get across to people that HE NEVER INTENDED for organizations? We are the body of Christ in the world today. We are going to be His bride. I understand we need some order and direction but we have many groups dragging people off in many directions. Maybe he is getting his bride ready to be untied on common ground so that His work can be accomplished and He can then take us home to be with Him.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
Reading jdm05 post about the church she grew up in and comparing it to ours here in Phoenix and I do not see the same organization. That is sad. A couple years ago we took up a HUGE offering for our pastor. We took money from the general church fund and then added to it. NO ONE was made to feel like they had to give if they did not have it. NO ONE was told who gave and who didn't. This just sounds like two different worlds. I am heart broken over what I have been seeing and reading. I know our pastor has said in the past that He is glad God helped him to understand when he made a mistake. I know a couple of times over the pulpit he has made comment about being sorry for some of the things he did and said over to the congregation when he was a young minister. He also said he was thankful for the people who were willing to forgive him his ignorant youth.
He has said before that he has been criticized for the size of his congregation. Oh you don't preach truth like you should so that is why you have a larger church. You let down standards that is why you have a large group. He has told them "No, I love people the God loves me. You should try it sometime. Maybe your church would grow too." I do not worship my pastor, I worship God. I love my pastor and his family, I am thankful for them every day. God only knows what I could have gotten mixed up in when we first arrived in Phoenix but by the grace and mercy of God we found PFAC.
My heart is heavy with grief over the things I have been learing about ALL organizations. Don't you think though that God is trying to get across to people that HE NEVER INTENDED for organizations? We are the body of Christ in the world today. We are going to be His bride. I understand we need some order and direction but we have many groups dragging people off in many directions. Maybe he is getting his bride ready to be untied on common ground so that His work can be accomplished and He can then take us home to be with Him.

I have never met your Pastor, Romo. I have only heard great things about him and his family. Reading what you have written speaks volumes of him/them. You should count yourself lucky to have a person that is humble enough to not get full of himself.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
I have never met your Pastor, Romo. I have only heard great things about him and his family. Reading what you have written speaks volumes of him/them. You should count yourself lucky to have a person that is humble enough to not get full of himself.
Believe me we do. You would really like him. He is a humble man. From experience I can say he truly is a wise man. He knows how to restore people to God.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

This is all really sad. My pastor has been a part of both the AA and the UPC, and due to the turmoil over the 2006 vote in the AA and various problems within the UPC he decided to remain independent/non-denominational when the church was started last fall. Nothing against the two organizations, but it wasn't in our best interest or benefit for us to be a part of either of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Press Release from the org's website: http://www.apostolicassembly.org/

For Press Release
June 27, 2008 – Concerning the Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus (“AAFCJ”)

The following was provided by the AAFCJ world headquarters office, as a response to the many inquiries that have been received regarding some developing concerns.

This is written with a saddened and burdened heart. On Tuesday night, the Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus (“AAFCJ”) world headquarters building was vandalized. It is unknown who did this but it is being investigated by the police.
Recently, many false rumors have been circulated through many sources, including internet blog spots that the AAFCJ is “excommunicating” up to 20 pastors as a result of the election lawsuit. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is true, however, that the AAFCJ has removed the four pastors who did sue the AAFCJ seeking court intervention to overturn the 2006 AAFCJ General Elections.
Regarding the election lawsuit, the Judge issued a final ruling on April 3, 2008, specifically stating:
• Plaintiffs’ (4 pastors) Motion to Set Aside the Election Dated November 24, 2006 and Ordering a New Election is DENIED with prejudice;
• The Court finds there is no evidence of any Church Constitutional irregularity in the selection of the Qualifying Committee;
• The Court finds that there is no Constitution prohibition against members of the Qualifying Committee using the CID or any other document or guideline, in considering the capabilities, qualities and rights of a nominee.
It is extremely unfortunate that there is misinformation being spread about the court decision. It is true that the plaintiffs may appeal this ruling if they wish. AAFCJ has not been informed of an appeal at this time.
Now is the time for healing to begin. The AAFCJ is a church, first and foremost, and wishes to focus on its mission: Exalt Christ, Equip the Church and Evangelize the World. This is being accomplished through various avenues: The ‘Jesus Strategy’ HOME Groups lifestyle, the Church Roadmap- for a more effective mission execution, and the continual preaching of the gospel across the United States of America and around the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
The man who lost his church in the video was Presiding Bishop of the org twice .... serving over 16 years.

He was give the title of Bishop Emeritus after his second term ended ..... That's big news.
A few thoughts on this ...

1) The fact that a former two-time Presiding Bishop has seen enough wrong to file a lawsuit gives credibility to his side.

2) Personal experience has taught me that it doesn't matter what dumb pr paper someone puts out; nor what they say to try and publicly reassure those within their ranks that they're right ... the best way to defeat them is to record them whether through hidden or unhidden means. Get them on tape and on the record.

Shady people don't like being recorded. They want things off the record. It's for your own protection to go to radio shack or best buy, spend $50 and get a micro-tape recorder and mic ($100 for a good digital recorder), and wire yourself up before either meeting individually with someone or corporately as a church board or body.

Last, this could happen in the UPC if your church is affiliated and the District Board isn't on the level. Many licensed ministers I know keep their churches unaffiliated to protect the church from things like that.

My fathers church was affiliated and when he began the search for someone to replace him before he retired, the db stepped in and took it over. The Presbyter of that area convened a vote in which he led. My parents (the retiring Pastor of the church for over 30 years) were told they had to leave the church premises before they began. They were not allowed to stay and vote, nor even just stay and witness the event.

Thankfully they didn't stay. It wasn't decent nor in order.

My brother and I tried arguing twice when a rule was changed halfway through, allowing a 3rd name to be in the final vote, even though everyone voted that only the top two names would be selected for a final vote.

There was not a vote on this rule change, it was arbitrarily done by the Presbyter.

Of the final three ministers, only one was known to the church (and not well accepted by some). Another had been there a couple times to preach and had been in the district for a year or so. The last was largely unknown and had just been there a few weeks previously to preach and have his name put in for the position.

In the end, the minister within the district mentioned second above, who had close ties with the Presbyter ... who was running for district superintendent ... was the one who was voted in. He voted for the Presbyter in the district superintendent election afterwards.

It's not been said which of the three was the one whom the Presbyter broke the rules to keep on the ballot.

I believe there are good men and women in both the AA and UPC, but I'm glad to not be a part of any organization where politics and power corrupt and destroy good men.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Go Dodgers!

Does anyone know if one of the pastors was in Oxnard?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

One of my close friends' pastor was removed from his church in Colorado. They came and the church door locks had been changed during the early week. They weren't able to have church on Wednesday or today. Another pastor they knew was removed today.

Sad stuff. I mean, who would think your own organization would lock the doors on you.

In the words of Larry the Cable Guy ...

What is this, Russia?
Old 06-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
Bishop Romo is a personal friend of mine.
He is a true man of God.....a great Christian.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

All of this mess with the Assembly is sad.

I wonder what men like Romo, Aguilar, Zuniga have to say about all this.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I haven't read all of this thread,but I don't paint all AA people with a broadbrush,as I know many of God's children are in it.