Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

America's Financial Collapse

Do you think the American economy will collapse?

How do you think it will collapse?

What will happen in America if there is a collapse?

I read an article everyday about an eventual collapse. I am torn as to wether there will be one or not. Revelation says people will be eating and drinking, meaning that life will go on during the endtime. But I think a collapse could happen before the end time. Who will benefit, democrats or republicans? Will there be Martial Law? How will the politicians react, policywise, to a collapse?
Both republicans and democrats have increased spending and seem intent on bankrupting America. What will America be like after a collapse?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
mary

Re: America's Financial Collapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
What will America be like after a collapse?
Chinese?

Quote:
Do you think the American economy will collapse?

How do you think it will collapse?

What will happen in America if there is a collapse?
I think it has already gone through several periods of upheaval. Whether there will be an entire collapse or not, I think we are coming to a place where there will be huge upheavals in the government and economy of America.

How and what will happen will depend a lot on our leaders' actions and our reactions.

Quote:
I read an article everyday about an eventual collapse. I am torn as to wether there will be one or not. Revelation says people will be eating and drinking, meaning that life will go on during the endtime. But I think a collapse could happen before the end time. Who will benefit, democrats or republicans? Will there be Martial Law? How will the politicians react, policywise, to a collapse?
Both republicans and democrats have increased spending and seem intent on bankrupting America.
I doubt we will come to a point of martial law any time in the next 30 years, at least. I think both current political parties will eventually either develop a new stance and outlook or be usurped by newer parties, just as has happened in the past. (Whigs?)

When we read Revelation, we need to read it with a world view or a Middle Eastern view, rather than geocentrically to the US. There is a very strong possibility that the US is not referred to in Revelation at all. Is that because the US will fall, or because we really aren't quite as big and important as we think we are?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Here is an article about America's collapse by Pat Buchanan.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=122030
Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourimary View Post
Chinese?
I don't think a financial collapse in America will change our constitution or our system of government and elections.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:58 PM
mary

Whether our constitution or system of government and elections changes may depend on how much of our debt and land is held by another nation.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

This country is not that far from turning into a Bosnia or Haiti. All it would take is a serious crash in the economic sector or for there to be a major natural disaster or for our enemies (foreign or domestic) to pull off a huge attack. Civilization is a fragil thing. One minute folks are doing thier day to day routine, the next, disaster strikes and mobs are looting, pillaging and killing for food and water.

Do you realize how long it would take most grocery store to be emptied if the trucking industry was to be shut down or severely curtailed. The answer is most likely a day or two at the most, becuase of just in time purchasing and manufactoring. Large stocks of items are no longer kept in a locl warehouse for the store.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
mary

Or if our power grid failed in one area or another... remember the after affects of Hurricane Katrina on gas prices, food prices, and so forth? If electricity, natural gas, water, or even sewer or satellite (cell phones? internet?) failed for more than a week or two over a large area of the US, the affects would be staggering. We've had small warnings of what might happen... 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, economic crises... if the damage isn't widespread, Americans do tend to pull together and pull out of whatever disaster they find themselves in. But most of us aren't trained to handle disasters. We don't expect them, and we tend not to think about them. If the disaster were widespread and disasterous enough, it would have a huge and longlasting impact on the entire American economy and culture, and perhaps even government structure.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Or if our power grid failed in one area or another... remember the after affects of Hurricane Katrina on gas prices, food prices, and so forth? If electricity, natural gas, water, or even sewer or satellite (cell phones? internet?) failed for more than a week or two over a large area of the US, the affects would be staggering. We've had small warnings of what might happen... 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, economic crises... if the damage isn't widespread, Americans do tend to pull together and pull out of whatever disaster they find themselves in. But most of us aren't trained to handle disasters. We don't expect them, and we tend not to think about them. If the disaster were widespread and disasterous enough, it would have a huge and longlasting impact on the entire American economy and culture, and perhaps even government structure.
True. I suggested elsewhere a book call "How to survive the end of the world as we know it" by John Wesley, Rawles. Here's his blog:
http://www.survivalblog.com/
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 01-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Chinese?

I think it has already gone through several periods of upheaval. Whether there will be an entire collapse or not, I think we are coming to a place where there will be huge upheavals in the government and economy of America.

How and what will happen will depend a lot on our leaders' actions and our reactions.

I doubt we will come to a point of martial law any time in the next 30 years, at least. I think both current political parties will eventually either develop a new stance and outlook or be usurped by newer parties, just as has happened in the past. (Whigs?)

When we read Revelation, we need to read it with a world view or a Middle Eastern view, rather than geocentrically to the US. There is a very strong possibility that the US is not referred to in Revelation at all. Is that because the US will fall, or because we really aren't quite as big and important as we think we are?
I hate to burst your bubble on that. Some of the Congressman stated already that they were threatened if they didn't vote for the healthcare that maritial law would be called for.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
I hate to burst your bubble on that. Some of the Congressman stated already that they were threatened if they didn't vote for the healthcare that maritial law would be called for.
Is it possible that the martial law thing is on the way? Just saw this on Facebook!!!

THE WHITE HOUSE Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
January 11, 2010
EXECUTIVE ORDER ------- ESTABLISHMENT OF THE COUNCIL OF GOVERNORS
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 1822 of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2008 (Public Law 110-181), and in order to strengthen further the partnership between the Federal Government and State governments to protect our Nation and its people and property, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Council of Governors.
(a) There is established a Council of Governors (Council). The Council shall consist of 10 State Governors appointed by the President (Members), of whom no more than five shall be of the same political party. The term of service for each Member appointed to serve on the Council shall be 2 years, but a Member may be reappointed for additional terms.
(b) The President shall designate two Members, who shall not be members of the same political party, to serve as Co-Chairs of the Council.
Sec. 2. Functions. The Council shall meet at the call of the Secretary of Defense or the Co-Chairs of the Council to exchange views, information, or advice with the Secretary of Defense; the Secretary of Homeland Security; the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism; the Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement; the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Americas' Security Affairs; the Commander, United States Northern Command; the Chief, National Guard Bureau; the Commandant of the Coast Guard; and other appropriate officials of the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, and appropriate officials of other executive departments or agencies as may be designated by the Secretary of Defense or the Secretary of Homeland Security.
Such views, information, or
(a) matters involving States;
(b) homeland defense; (c) civil support;
advice shall concern: the National Guard of the various
more
(OVER)
(d) synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and
(e) other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defense, and civil support activities.
Sec. 3. Administration.
(a) The Secretary of Defense shall designate an Executive Director to coordinate the work of the Council.
(b) Members shall serve without compensation for their work on the Council. However, Members shall be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by law.
(c) Upon the joint request of the Co-Chairs of the Council, the Secretary of Defense shall, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the availability of appropriations, provide the Council with administrative support, assignment or detail of personnel, and information as may be necessary for the performance of the Council's functions.
(d) The Council may establish subcommittees of the Council. These subcommittees shall consist exclusively of Members of the Council and any designated employees of a Member with authority to act on the Member's behalf, as appropriate to aid the Council in carrying out its functions under this order.
(e) The Council may establish a charter that is consistent with the terms of this order to refine further its purpose, scope, and objectives and to allocate duties, as appropriate, among members.
Sec. 4. Definitions. As used in this order:
(a) the term "State" has the meaning provided in paragraph (15) of section 2 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 (6 U.S.C. 101(15)); and
(b) the term "Governor" has the meaning provided in paragraph (5) of section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122(5)).
Sec. 5. General Provisions.
(a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
(1) the authority granted by law to a department, agency, or the head thereof; or
(2) functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.
(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.
more
(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
THE WHITE HOUSE, January 11, 2010.
BARACK OBAMA
###

BeenThinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine