Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:56 PM
crakjak

Re: You Be The Judge: Anderson Vs Burk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
CJ, there was no personal attack. I get along well with the FP's, and have mentioned plenty of times they are borthers in Christ-having obeyed God's plan for salvation. It's no secret what I think of their doctrine-nor what they think of mine. We all get along great-I'm looking forward to the oppertunity to meet EB this summer. Nothing personal at all. I feel the same about UR-perhaps that's why you picked up on my post. I don't consider you any less a brother, though I do not agree with UR conclusions, and feel like it is also a dangerous doctrine.

Just because I used the word delusion?
Sure, the context of "strong delusion" in scripture is fairly negative I would say. Thanks for your response, it helps clarify for those of us that were not attuned to your relationship with these guys. I wasn't just singling you out. EB and I have had a few arounds, he has been much more caustic in the past, but he has mellow somewhat, so I understand.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 05-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
I believe you are adding to the scriptures to say that there will never be another way of salvation. For US in this dispensation, we know that there is not one, but we don't know what God may have in store for the next dispensation.
Some more info to add to that with which I responded before:

Hebrews 8 gives us a reason for one covenant or plan of salvation to follow a previous one.
Hebrews 8:7 KJV For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
The only reason we are given for the need of a further covenant after one is already established, is found here in Hebrews 8. That reason is FAULT with the previous covenant. If there is no fault with a specific covenant, than there is no need for any further covenant afterwards.

The only reason there would be no need for a further covenant, is laid out as being the fact that the covenant in question is faultless.

So... to say there is an additional plan of salvation after this present covenant plan is to say there is FAULT with the present covenant.

Hebrews 8 says there was fault with the OLD covenant. And that fault was the inability of the people to CONTINUE in it, or to successfully fulfill it in their lives.
Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
God said the New Covenant would solve the FAULT of the old by putting God's Law into people's hearts. If the fault was inability of the people to continue in the Law, and the remedy was to put God's law INTO THEIR HEARTS, then putting God's law into the heart CAUSES US TO NOT FAIL as they did under law.

So, if we say there is another covenant with another plan of salvation to come, we are saying this present covenant is faulty.

Actually everything for the salvation of Israel (whom people think will be saved in a future dispensation under a different plan of salvation) is found in this present plan of salvation! ANYONE can be saved... Jew or Gentile!

In light of this information in Hebrews 8, how can we believe there will be a further plan of salvation after this one in this covenant?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Why, then, did God make a FAULTY covenant to begin with? The Bible tells us that God had to get soemthing across to us before He brought the faultless covenant into being.
Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 4:15 KJV Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Romans 7:13 KJV Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Galatians 3:19 KJV Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-15-2017, 07:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
1. Epley NEVER said there would be a rebuilt temple I have no idea? And if they did who knows what criteria they would use. This is much to do about nothing. A strawman. YOU know there are Jews(good grief you live in S. Fl.) I know there are Jews I even know some and everyone reading knows there are Jews but Elders Blume & Burk. They found a demented rabbi in a cave that proves Jews went to Mars in 70 AD. Found a scroll in Possum Hollar written in Latin.
If someone would only tell all those Arabs there are no Jews think about it. The old Isreali PM in the morning I want to make an important announcement that will make my Arab neighbors happy WE ARE NOT JEWS. I can prove it by Bene-Burk-Blume better known as BBB. And get that ole Jew who ain't a Jew on TV and tell Iran and the rest. Put a call in to Obama y'all could really be a help to Hillary.

I was surfing the forum and found this.

I cannot stop laughing, I think I'm having a stroke.

That has got to be the best example of country-fried oratory I have ever read. Bravo, elder Epley, you are the Cicero of our day. I will never forget this. You REALLY need to put together a book of Epleyisms. There is no doubt in my mind you were born south of the Mason-Dixon line, no Yankee could come up with this. And if your Momma says different well, bless her little heart we'll just let her alone.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-15-2017, 09:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

I was surfing the forum and found this.

I cannot stop laughing, I think I'm having a stroke.

That has got to be the best example of country-fried oratory I have ever read. Bravo, elder Epley, you are the Cicero of our day. I will never forget this. You REALLY need to put together a book of Epleyisms. There is no doubt in my mind you were born south of the Mason-Dixon line, no Yankee could come up with this. And if your Momma says different well, bless her little heart we'll just let her alone.

And NO this was not meant in any derogatory way. Just to clear things up as I know there are folks around here just looking for reason to find blame.

I know what elder Epley sounds like. Those of you who have heard him and seen him, can you not see it? 'Found a scroll in possum hollar written in Latin.'

Genius. Sheer genius. What's even more amazing is I am certain he came up with that right off the cuff.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf