Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
There's no way to put a virus on the forum by copying text from an email. we're not putting attachments from email here.
However if words in the email contain a link that is not obvious and someone clicks on it then it is possible when that web page opens up a "dropper" script runs and gives you a virus. If your emails are all text documents and not HTML, then it's not a worry
Old 04-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
You'd be surprised how many legitimate businesses you may have given that email address to who would sell you out.

I know for a fact that I have NEVER gotten a single spam in my "business" inbox on bellsouth email until I used it to pay my telephone and cell phone bill through bellsouth/cingular. Now I get dozens every day.
I have several EM addys. I have never used this particular account to sign up for anything. It is used only to touch base with people.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:31 AM
My Family!

Back in September of 2005, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a social studies school teacher at Robinson High School in Little Rock, did something not to be forgotten.

On the first day of school, with permission of the school superintendent, the principal and the building supervisor, she took all of the desks out of the classroom.

The kids came into first period and there were no desks. They obviously looked around and said, "Ms. Cothren, where's our desk?" And she said, "You can't have a desk until you tell me how you earn them."

They thought, "Well, maybe it's our grades."

"No," she said.

"Maybe it's our behavior."

And she told them, "No, it's not even your behavior."

And so they came and went in the first period, still no desks in the classroom. Second period, same thing, third period too. By early afternoon television news crews had gathered in Ms. Cothren's class to find out about this crazy teacher who had taken all the desks out of the classroom.

The last period of the day, Martha Cothren gathered her class. They were at this time sitting on the floor around the sides of the room. And she says, "Throughout the day no one has really understood how you earn the desks that sit in this classroom ordinarily." She said, "Now I'm going to tell you."

Martha Cothren went over to the door of her classroom and opened it, and as she did 27 U.S. veterans, wearing their uniforms, walked into that classroom, each one carrying a school desk. And they placed those school desks in rows, and then they stood along the wall. And by the time they had finished placing those desks, those kids, for the first time I think perhaps in their lives, understood how they earned those desks.

Martha said, "You don't have to earn those desks. These guys did it for you. They put them out there for you, but it's up to you to sit here responsibly to learn, to be good students and good citizens, because they paid a price for you to have that desk, and don't ever forget it."

Friends, I think sometimes we forget that the freedoms that we have are freedoms not because of celebrities. The freedoms are because of ordinary people who did extraordinary things, who loved this country more than life itself, and who not only earned a school desk for a kid at the Robinson High School in Little Rock, but who earned a seat for you and me to enjoy this great land we call home, this wonderful nation that we better love enough to protect and preserve with the kind of conservative, solid values and principles that made us a great nation.

"We live in the Land of the Free because of the brave."
Old 04-13-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
However if words in the email contain a link that is not obvious and someone clicks on it then it is possible when that web page opens up a "dropper" script runs and gives you a virus. If your emails are all text documents and not HTML, then it's not a worry
"those who do not have virus protection that is maintained and updated do not need to be online"

Old 04-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Prayerful lives are powerful

I KNOW WHO I AM

I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor. 6:17)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt & light of the earth (Matt. 5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation (Rom. 8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant (Phil.3:20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom. 8:31-34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor.5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph. 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom.8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor.1:21-22)
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom. 8: 28)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16)
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3: 12)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3: 16). I am complete in Christ (Col. 2: 10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3). I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9; 2 Cor 6:1). I am God's workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected (Phil. 1: 5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven (Col. 1:14). I have been adopted as Gods child (Eph 1:5)

I belong to God

Do you know who you are?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Shocked in Heaven

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door
Not by the beauty of it all
By the lights or the decor

But it was the folks in Heaven
who made me sputter and gasp
The thieves, the liars, the sinners
the alcoholics, the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
who swiped my lunch money twice
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice

Herb, who I always thought
was rotting away in hell
was sitting pretty on cloud 9
looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal here?"
I would love to hear your take
How'd all these sinners get up here?
You must have made a mistake.

And why's everyone so quiet,
so somber? C'mon give me a clue
"Hush child," said He. They're all in shock
No one thought they'd ever see you.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 AM
My Family!

http://www.makeadifferencemovie.com/

Get out the tissues~!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

http://www.stservicemovie.com/

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 04-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Not riding the train

After having dug to a depth of 1000 meters last year, Scottish
scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 1000 years and came
to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network
more than 1000 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Scots, in the weeks that followed, English
scientists dug to a depth of 2000 meters and shortly after, headlines
in the UK newspapers read: "English archaeologists have found traces of
2000 year old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors
already had advanced high-tech communications network a thousand years
earlier than the Scots."

One week later, Texas newspapers reported the following: "After digging
as deep as 5000 meters in West Texas, Texas A&M scientists have found
absolutely nothing. They have therefore concluded that 5000 years ago
Texas inhabitants were already using wireless technology."

PS: Don't Mess with Texas

Old 04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Administrator

SUMMARY OF MY LAST YEAR ON THE COMPUTER

I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about rat poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing.

Also, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.

I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates, Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.

I no longer eat at KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

Thanks to you, I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.
I've also learned that if I don't forward an e-mail to a certain number of people about how special my friends are to me, I should just kill myself because obviously I don't have many friends.

Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer can buy gasoline without taking a man along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm pumping gas.

I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put "Under God" on their cans.

I no longer use Saran wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.

And thanks for letting me know I can't boil a cup water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face...disfiguring me for life.

I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.

I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

I no longer receive packages from UPS or Fed Ex since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.

I no longer shop at Target since they are French and don't support our American troops or the Salvation Army.

I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore, and Uzbekistan.

I no longer have any sneakers -- but that will change once I receive my free replacement pair from Nike.

I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I now have their recipe.

Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my butt.

Thank you too for all the endless advice Andy Rooney has given us. I can live a better life now because he's told us how to fix everything.

And thanks to your great advice, I can't ever pick up the $5.00 I found dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.

Oh, and don't forget this one either! I can no longer drive my car because I can't buy gas from certain gas companies!
And oh how I love getting the same e-mail from 6 different people because they don't pay attention to who received the original e-mail in the first place!

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician.