Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tithing…Is it a command?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Following the harvest/tithe analogy...

The tithe was paid at the end of the harvest. The end of the harvest would be the end of the world. The harvest is people, so the tithe would be people. 10% of the people saved would make the tithe.(The unsaved are tares, chaff, etc, not counted as part of the harvest.)

I can't crunch the numbers to show a tithe relation between the 144,000 in Revelation and the 603,550 in Israel's first census, except that is close to a "double tithe" (whatever that means).

I think the answer would be found in the significance of "tenth" itself rather than in a significance of tithing agriculture products?
I have given some thought to some of these points that you have made above. Nothing really jumps out at me yet but I believe that the final harvest being the end of the world, or even the rapture could be part of the picture. I definitely agree that the harvest of agriculture likely has no significance, but the agriculture is a type of the harvest of the New Testament, and the New Testament harvest is souls.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
The tithe was paid at the end of the harvest. The end of the harvest would be the end of the world. The harvest is people, so the tithe would be people. 10% of the people saved would make the tithe.(The unsaved are tares, chaff, etc, not counted as part of the harvest.)

I can't crunch the numbers to show a tithe relation between the 144,000 in Revelation and the 603,550 in Israel's first census, except that is close to a "double tithe" (whatever that means).

I think the answer would be found in the significance of "tenth" itself rather than in a significance of tithing agriculture products?

....TILT
Old 01-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
....TILT
Brother could you lend a little clarity?

My Greek is a little rusty.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Banned

My Greek is REAL rusty....LOL

That symbolism was a little much for me, and my pinball game tilted.

Last edited by Sean; 01-16-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
My Greek is REAL rusty....LOL

That symbolism was a little much for me, and my pinball game tilted.
You do have to be careful about getting too deep into the symbolism. Especially when you’re playing pinball.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Banned

LOL
Old 08-22-2018, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

1 Cor. 9:13 Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

Isn’t Paul making a comparison between funding for the ot Levitical by way of tithing, and also would thereby promote tithing to the nt preachers in this passage, since he chose to use 2 words of comparison, “ EVEN SO”? (Or LIKEWISE)

Last edited by JamesGlen; 08-22-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
1 Cor. 9:13 Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

Isn’t Paul making a comparison between funding for the ot Levitical by way of tithing, and also would thereby promote tithing to the nt preachers in this passage, since he chose to use 2 words of comparison, “ EVEN SO”? (Or LIKEWISE)
Nice observation. But also consider that all the chapter is an apology work of Paul. So when he speaks about preachers , i think he speaks for Apostles, Evangelists etc. .people who travel etc.
(read all that chapter, it speaks for apostles)
Peace to you.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Doesn’t this scripture prove that we are supposed to tithe these days, because it draws a parallel between the old testament Levitical tithe, and the New Testament preachers? Whether they be evangelist as well as pastors, or whomever…

Last edited by JamesGlen; 08-23-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
Doesn’t this scripture prove that we are supposed to tithe these days, because it draws a parallel between the old testament Levitical tithe, and the New Testament preachers? Whether they be evangelist as well as pastors, or whomever…
No, it does not.

Even if it did, you would not practice it.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf