Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-17-2018, 10:54 PM
1ofthechosen's Avatar
1ofthechosen 1ofthechosen is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,284
Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is fals

I found this on the internet, he went to far on this...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:57 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Happily "off the chain"


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 17,843
Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

I believe baptism should be "in the name of Jesus Christ". I think "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ" or "in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" is also acceptable. "In the name of the Lord Jesus" I think would also be acceptable (I really can't find any Biblical argument against that, although personally I think that phrase "in the name of the Lord Jesus" is equivalent to the phrase "in the name of the Lord" and does not necessarily reflect an actual baptismal formula). I'm not sure what to think about "in Jesus' name" as a formula for baptism. I think "in the name of Jesus Christ" is as close as you can get to a definitely Biblical baptismal formula without encouraging any controversy with anyone except trinitarians.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-18-2018, 02:06 AM
1ofthechosen's Avatar
1ofthechosen 1ofthechosen is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,284
Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I believe baptism should be "in the name of Jesus Christ". I think "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ" or "in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" is also acceptable. "In the name of the Lord Jesus" I think would also be acceptable (I really can't find any Biblical argument against that, although personally I think that phrase "in the name of the Lord Jesus" is equivalent to the phrase "in the name of the Lord" and does not necessarily reflect an actual baptismal formula). I'm not sure what to think about "in Jesus' name" as a formula for baptism. I think "in the name of Jesus Christ" is as close as you can get to a definitely Biblical baptismal formula without encouraging any controversy with anyone except trinitarians.
I've never seen a baptism done in just Jesus name I always heard them say so and so in obedience to your faith I now baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. Jesus name is just something thats said to explain its not done in the titles.
__________________
"your shadow, the dark side. C.G. Hume writes about it, in terms of the fact that every one of us has a dark side. And my dark side, my shadow, my lower companion is now in the back room blowing up balloons for kids' parties."-Deseret

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCml...GfzdAfhWLzbz1A
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name channel where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE to my channel!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-18-2018, 02:13 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Happily "off the chain"


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 17,843
Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I've never seen a baptism done in just Jesus name I always heard them say so and so in obedience to your faith I now baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. Jesus name is just something thats said to explain its not done in the titles.
There are groups that are known as "Jesus Name" or "Jesus Only" which refers to their baptismal formula, "In Jesus' Name" or "In the Name of Jesus". I think they are mostly in the Appalachian area. The Church of Jesus Christ groups are always arguing with them lol as they ONLY use "in the name of Jesus Christ".

I believe the UPC uses "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ". Some folks believe the "Lord Jesus Christ" is a sort of compromise with trinity beliefs, as others have tried to say "Lord = Father, Jesus = Son, and Christ = Holy Ghost" in explaining Matthew 28:19.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-18-2018, 02:46 AM
houston's Avatar
houston houston is offline
The herring is red.


 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SOUTH ZION
Posts: 10,792
Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

Every baptism I’ve witnesses they pronounced “in Jesus’ name” as the person was under the water.
__________________


“You are not original; I have run into your kind of folks a lot, and you aren't even the smoothest I have encountered.” Coonskinner

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-18-2018, 02:50 AM
1ofthechosen's Avatar
1ofthechosen 1ofthechosen is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,284
Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
There are groups that are known as "Jesus Name" or "Jesus Only" which refers to their baptismal formula, "In Jesus' Name" or "In the Name of Jesus". I think they are mostly in the Appalachian area. The Church of Jesus Christ groups are always arguing with them lol as they ONLY use "in the name of Jesus Christ".

I believe the UPC uses "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ". Some folks believe the "Lord Jesus Christ" is a sort of compromise with trinity beliefs, as others have tried to say "Lord = Father, Jesus = Son, and Christ = Holy Ghost" in explaining Matthew 28:19.
Wow thats crazy.
__________________
"your shadow, the dark side. C.G. Hume writes about it, in terms of the fact that every one of us has a dark side. And my dark side, my shadow, my lower companion is now in the back room blowing up balloons for kids' parties."-Deseret

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCml...GfzdAfhWLzbz1A
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name channel where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE to my channel!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-18-2018, 02:53 AM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 6,771
Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

not sure I want to watch the video

is he saying those who were baptized by UPC preachers need to be rebaptized?
__________________
If we go back to a life of unbelief & disobedience, we reject God’s grace & will be lost if we persist.
(Rom 11:22; 2 Pet 2:20-22) ~ David K Bernard
My Countdown Counting down to: Retirement!
258 days 20 hours 6 minutes
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-18-2018, 03:08 AM
houston's Avatar
houston houston is offline
The herring is red.


 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SOUTH ZION
Posts: 10,792
Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Every baptism I’ve witnesses they pronounced “in Jesus’ name” as the person was under the water.
I was baptized “in Jesus’ name.”
__________________


“You are not original; I have run into your kind of folks a lot, and you aren't even the smoothest I have encountered.” Coonskinner

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-18-2018, 03:17 AM
1ofthechosen's Avatar
1ofthechosen 1ofthechosen is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,284
Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
not sure I want to watch the video

is he saying those who were baptized by UPC preachers need to be rebaptized?
He's saying the formula had to be in the Lord Jesus Christ or some foolishness. I just was surfing the internet and came across it and thought it was super petty. I mean if you are baptized in the name of Jesus then its legit. As long as the name was invoked and not just the titles, I believe its legit. But I think the truth of the matter is he has something against the UPC.
__________________
"your shadow, the dark side. C.G. Hume writes about it, in terms of the fact that every one of us has a dark side. And my dark side, my shadow, my lower companion is now in the back room blowing up balloons for kids' parties."-Deseret

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCml...GfzdAfhWLzbz1A
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name channel where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE to my channel!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-18-2018, 03:19 AM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 6,771
Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
He's saying the formula had to be in the Lord Jesus Christ or some foolishness. I just was surfing the internet and came across it and thought it was super petty. I mean if you are baptized in the name of Jesus then its legit. As long as the name was invoked and not just the titles, I believe its legit. But I think the truth of the matter is he has something against the UPC.
just FYI, he is not just anti UPC, he is anti PAW, and who knows what other organizations.
__________________
If we go back to a life of unbelief & disobedience, we reject God’s grace & will be lost if we persist.
(Rom 11:22; 2 Pet 2:20-22) ~ David K Bernard
My Countdown Counting down to: Retirement!
258 days 20 hours 6 minutes
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gino Jennings on the UPC 1ofthechosen Fellowship Hall 34 07-06-2018 08:40 AM
Gino Jennings End Times Amanah Fellowship Hall 11 07-06-2018 07:13 AM
Gino Jennings on the Illumanati 1ofthechosen Fellowship Hall 2 05-26-2018 07:24 AM
Gino Jennings on Smoking Marijuana 1ofthechosen Fellowship Hall 0 05-04-2018 01:04 PM
Gino Jennings on Modesty Amanah Fellowship Hall 3 04-27-2018 02:55 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Esaias
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.