Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Canadian Flavour
Facebook

Notices

Canadian Flavour FROM C2C ~The Canadian Corner~


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Thad's Avatar
Thad Thad is offline
Invisible Thad


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,966
Whaaaaaaatt???? What's happening in Canada??

ANyone know why it was removed ?
what did i do now ????????????? always something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Felicity's Avatar
Felicity Felicity is offline
Step By Step - Day By Day


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,648
I don't know where it went to but I read it.

I've not heard anything at all about the Canadian brethren wanting to go it on their own and become the UPC of Canada, and I would have very mixed feelings about it happening.
__________________
Smiles & Blessings....
~Felicity Welsh~

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Thad's Avatar
Thad Thad is offline
Invisible Thad


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I saw it. I've not heard anything at all about the Canadian brethren wanting to go it on their own and become the UPC of Canada. And I would have very mixed feelings about it happening.

It is true

the meetings are being held in canada. i first reported St.L
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Ron's Avatar
Ron Ron is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
It is true

the meetings are being held in canada. i first reported St.L

Wrongo Thado!

Somebody wants it! The majority in Canada are against it!

End of story.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Felicity's Avatar
Felicity Felicity is offline
Step By Step - Day By Day


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Wrongo Thado!

Somebody wants it! The majority in Canada are against it!

End of story.
Aha!

This sounds more like it!
__________________
Smiles & Blessings....
~Felicity Welsh~

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Thad's Avatar
Thad Thad is offline
Invisible Thad


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Wrongo Thado!

Somebody wants it! The majority in Canada are against it!

End of story.

wrongo on what ?? you are saying there are no meetings going on ??

you are wrong if you are saying that . I don't know who is for it or who is against up there - that i do not know. in fact, I was wondering that myself
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-09-2007, 03:31 PM
StillStanding's Avatar
StillStanding StillStanding is offline
Beautiful are the feet......


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Right...behind...you!
Posts: 6,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
It is true

the meetings are being held in canada. i first reported St.L
They should wait and vote in favor of the TV resolution, then break away!
__________________
Words: For when an emoticon just isn't enough.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Fonix
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I don't know where it went to but I read it.

I've not heard anything at all about the Canadian brethren wanting to go it on their own and become the UPC of Canada, and I would have very mixed feelings about it happening.

I mean no disrespect to you whatsoever Felicity so please know this is really written in curiosity.

Why would you even care what the UPC did? Didnt you leave the organazation after being overseas missionaries?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Truly Blessed Truly Blessed is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix View Post
I mean no disrespect to you whatsoever Felicity so please know this is really written in curiosity.

Why would you even care what the UPC did? Didnt you leave the organazation after being overseas missionaries?
Perhaps for the same reason Mapleleaf and other ex-UPCers on AFF post about matters within the UPC? Because we have chosen to no longer have credentials with the UPCI does not mean we no longer have fellowship with the UPC. When you have spent 23 years of your life in an organization and developed friendships with so many people through the years it's only natural that you will have interest in what is happening there.

I don't suppose we should be attending Summer Summit or General Conference this year either?!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Maple Leaf Maple Leaf is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
Perhaps for the same reason Mapleleaf and other ex-UPCers on AFF post about matters within the UPC? Because we have chosen to no longer have credentials with the UPCI does not mean we no longer have fellowship with the UPC. When you have spent 23 years of your life in an organization and developed friendships with so many people through the years it's only natural that you will have interest in what is happening there.

I don't suppose we should be attending Summer Summit or General Conference this year either?!
The question of our continuing interest in the UPC is an interesting one, and one for which Pastor Blessed has given a very good answer. I probably interact with as many UPC preachers and people as many UPC ministers have opportunity to fellowship.

In the Oneness world, to borrow a phrase,"When the UPC sneezes, we all get a cold." The UPC is very important to the Oneness movement, and therefore we take an interest in the trends and issues that affect the organization.

There has been a vast change in the UPC in New Brunswick in the last couple of decades, and credentials are not nearly so important in defining fellowship as they used to be. I meet many UPC preachers and people at non-UPC events, and non-UPC preachers and people at UPC events.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentecostals in Canada Consapostolic1 Canadian Flavour 59 10-24-2007 03:16 PM
To All X-NBer's & Those Who Love Canada Monkeyman Canadian Flavour 9 05-21-2007 09:35 AM
Religious Police in Canada...are we next? Praxeas The Newsroom 4 05-09-2007 03:28 PM
USA vs Canada ManOfWord Fellowship Hall 6 05-03-2007 01:03 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.