Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Lamb Saved & Shepherd Led

Re: Marriage Rejuvenation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I was just being straight forward, I didn't mean to be crude. We're all adults here, and the topic is a mature one. Certainly if we're going to talk about marriage rejuvenation the subject of sex, intimacy, play, and re-igniting that original spark will come up. What are we going to recommend, going to the zoo? I truly didn't mean to offend any virgin ears. lol

The verse you quoted in context reads...
Ephesians 5:11-12 King James Version (KJV)
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
This is sad, because it reveals what you were taught concerning sex and marital intimacy. First, this verse isn't about discussing marital intimacy. It is about talking about those things which are done by the wicked in the privacy of darkness. Second, when marital intimacy is mentioned in the Bible, it is mentioned with a mature frankness, and there is nothing unholy, unclean, or dirty about it.
First, you're correct, it is about things done in secret and in darkness. Just like the sexual relationship between a man and a woman is holy if done in marriage, and is unholy if done outside of marriage. But if you take what is done between the two in marriage and talk that around it becomes perverted. It is sad you cannot see that.

Years ago I wrote a several lesson study entitled Holy Homes. I've taught that series in several churches. So, your summary of what I was taught and what I believe on this issue is very wrong. The difference between you and me is that I do not discuss intimate details about my wife and me. Not in a marriage seminar setting, and especially not for all to see on the World Wide Web. I have way too much respect for my wife to place her in a showcase in Amsterdam.

Quote:
Proverbs 5:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.
And then there is the Hebrew euphemisms in the Song of Solomon.
Song of Solomon 7:8
I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;
Song of Solomon 2:3
As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
Love and physical intimacy between a husband and wife is not crude, lewd, or dirty. It's lovely, precious, sacred, joyous, pure, and blessed. When someone gets all "grossed out" or "shocked" about marital intimacy, you can be relatively certain that they don't have a healthy view of this gift of God.
So now you're Solomon? Song of Solomon is an inspired book, not a tell all sex book. It's one thing to talk about intimacy within a marital relationship. It quite another to tell everyone about sexual conquests. The former is a teaching on intimate principles. The latter is a vulgar sharing of fleshly lusts, which is more than likely shared to excite the teller.

Quote:
Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Ah, "the pure"...now isn't that a novel thing for you to mention here?
The Bible is open to those that want Truth, and if they want Truth, they find Truth. They watch individuals squabble over Bible symbolism on the Internet, and leave the Message boards to enter into the real world where live people dwell, and they find Truth. The World Wide Web is full of Internet Ayatollahs who speak their mind. There is only one Truth, and it is not hidden. No matter what anyone says, Truth still converts the sincere.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com