Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-20-2018, 11:10 PM
Banned

Re: Can a plant be a "spirit"?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...xtb180HPfIKc0N
Old 01-21-2018, 02:13 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
I don't know about a plant being a "spirit", but as far as consumption, God gave us ALL herbs for consumption at creation. And then emphasized it again after the flood. Looks pretty straight forward to me

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
So poison ivy is meant to be for food? For people? What about belladonna or nightshade? What about manchineel? Bitter cassava? Crab's eye? Monkshood? Datura? Etc?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-21-2018, 05:15 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
So poison ivy is meant to be for food? For people? What about belladonna or nightshade? What about manchineel? Bitter cassava? Crab's eye? Monkshood? Datura? Etc?
Old 01-21-2018, 05:27 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
If there's someplace out there where people consume those plants, more power to them. All I did was post scripture.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 01-21-2018, 07:39 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
If there's someplace out there where people consume those plants, more power to them. All I did was post scripture.
No, you posted Scripture and also claimed that "God gave us ALL herbs for consumption". Ergo, Esaias' question has merit.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
No, you posted Scripture and also claimed that "God gave us ALL herbs for consumption". Ergo, Esaias' question has merit.
I didn't "claim" anything. According to the scripture, God gave mankind ALL herbs for consumption. In fact, the scripture calls out specifically GREEN HERB.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

I am not saying you should consume poisonous herbs. I said ACCORDING to scripture, ALL herbs are for human consumption.

It seems you disagree, so I am interested in your understanding of scripture I posted.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 01-21-2018, 02:08 PM
Banned

Maybe nothing was poisonous or an incoherent(negative effects)to Adam/Eve at that time?
Old 01-21-2018, 04:22 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Maybe nothing was poisonous or an incoherent(negative effects)to Adam/Eve at that time?
It was also said to Noah, was it not?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-21-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
It was also said to Noah, was it not?
Old 01-22-2018, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't know about a plant being a "spirit", but as far as consumption, God gave us ALL herbs for consumption at creation. And then emphasized it again after the flood. Looks pretty straight forward to me

I absolutely agree.

But I will add to that my opinion that God would certainly desire that we are responsible in their use, rather it be medicinal or recreational.