Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-25-2018, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Re: Vicki Yohe has seen Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Was the preacher Apostolic?
I trow not.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-25-2018, 12:56 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I ask because some years ago my best friend had me listen to a message where an Apostolic preacher.... Some Hernandez guy... he told about his moms fillings turning into gold. That... and I believe he mentioned that someone tried to poison him, when he didn’t die the person ate of the same dish and died. But I could be blending two different messages.

Anyway. I told my friend, “These guys can’t even perform biblical miracles, but they wanna talk about this new thing and gold fillings.”
Old 01-25-2018, 02:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I ask because some years ago my best friend had me listen to a message where an Apostolic preacher.... Some Hernandez guy... he told about his moms fillings turning into gold. That... and I believe he mentioned that someone tried to poison him, when he didn’t die the person ate of the same dish and died. But I could be blending two different messages.

Anyway. I told my friend, “These guys can’t even perform biblical miracles, but they wanna talk about this new thing and gold fillings.”
Eli Hernandez?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-25-2018, 03:32 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Eli Hernandez?
That’s what I was going to post, but I’m not sure, so I didn’t.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Brother, have you read Power Before The Throne?
Yes.

In our library we have every book written on the issue.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Yes.

In our library we have every book written on the issue.
I quickly read through the book last night. Unless I missed something, most of the book seems to pretty much adhere to sound doctrine, until chapter 6 when she gets into "Guardians of the Glory". She really stretches Ezekiel 28:16 and I Corinthians 11:15 beyond their intention and comes up with a sort of super spiritual rendering of simple obedience. Then gives some testimonies that really have nothing to do with hair, but attributes them to uncut hair.

I guess my point is, it took me less than an hour to read the book. The writing is pretty elementary and it's obvious that Reider/Harvey is no theologian, but she says some pretty good things in the book and offers some good defense of the holiness lifestyle. I honestly believe that she wrote the book out of a love for holiness. If it were not for "Guardians of the Glory", I would feel no conflict about giving the book to a new convert. Am I missing something?

I'm certain that some of my ministering brethren would laugh me to scorn for what I just said, but I wonder...whether the majority of the criticism of the book is actually due to the content or due to the forward of a prominent evangelist that has a tendency toward the unbelievable and the extraordinary?
Old 01-25-2018, 07:15 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
I quickly read through the book last night. Unless I missed something, most of the book seems to pretty much adhere to sound doctrine, until chapter 6 when she gets into "Guardians of the Glory". She really stretches Ezekiel 28:16 and I Corinthians 11:15 beyond their intention and comes up with a sort of super spiritual rendering of simple obedience. Then gives some testimonies that really have nothing to do with hair, but attributes them to uncut hair.

I guess my point is, it took me less than an hour to read the book. The writing is pretty elementary and it's obvious that Reider/Harvey is no theologian, but she says some pretty good things in the book and offers some good defense of the holiness lifestyle. I honestly believe that she wrote the book out of a love for holiness. If it were not for "Guardians of the Glory", I would feel no conflict about giving the book to a new convert. Am I missing something?

I'm certain that some of my ministering brethren would laugh me to scorn for what I just said, but I wonder...whether the majority of the criticism of the book is actually due to the content or due to the forward of a prominent evangelist that has a tendency toward the unbelievable and the extraordinary?
That my brother is what I'm talking about.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Old 01-25-2018, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If I am walking in biblical truth re uncut hair , and I believe I am, I don't need some supernatural whatever to reinforce it. I either believe and adhere or I don't.

Gimmicks. That which makes what I believe believable to the masses.

Back on topic...This thing is all about me..."I saw Jesus face to face!"

I don't know...maybe I'm different from some folks, but if I saw Jesus walking around the church laying on hands, I'd hit the floor immediately...not wait till I was finished with my song, but that's just me.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:43 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Isn't this a bit of chickens coming home to roost? Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of very sane and noble people in Pentecost, but there has been a tolerated fringe for a long time, too, that frequently gets the limelight because there is a pre-conditioning at times, to expect God to do anything and everything under the sun, so one spiritual high needs must lead to the next and the next, and when the well runs dry, go find another one, regardless of where the water's been.
Yeah, like some posters on AFF...?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf