Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: Glenn Beck mocks JN baptism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Isn't this something Glen Beck Mocks those that believe TRUTH and the thread moves away from this jerk to what Mormons believe in the first post.

I guess the right wing apostolic's like this guy so much he can insult them any way he wants.

Like a man that beats his wife. The wife in denial says OH he didn't mean to hurt me.

You got to love it
Glenn Beck is a convert to Mormonism, so a discussion of his beliefs is relevant.

Also, the whole issue surrounding "baptism in Jesus' name" is so arcane and obscure to the broader culture that it does make you wonder where he may have heard the "quote" that he "mocked" or if it was just something he picked up from his Mormonism. "Jesus name" baptism is asserted so often by Mormons that that this is probably the best place to start.

Of course, we still don't have any bona fide evidence that Beck mocked anybody - we're just going on hearsay. So when a Lunkhead like yourself chimes in with his bizarre ravings, all we are really left with is the Lunkhead...
Old 09-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Glenn Beck is a convert to Mormonism, so a discussion of his beliefs is relevant.

Also, the whole issue surrounding "baptism in Jesus' name" is so arcane and obscure to the broader culture that it does make you wonder where he may have heard the "quote" that he "mocked" or if it was just something he picked up from his Mormonism. "Jesus name" baptism is asserted so often by Mormons that that this is probably the best place to start.

Of course, we still don't have any bona fide evidence that Beck mocked anybody - we're just going on hearsay. So when a Lunkhead like yourself chimes in with his bizarre ravings, all we are really left with is the Lunkhead...

Aren't you a administrator? I guess the rules don't apply to you. Your education make you so far superior than this (What did you call me) OH ya a raving Lunkhead.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
My point was that Glen Beck being mormon has heard it done that way. I don't think he is making fun of those who baptize in Jesus name.

I might have learned something today. I had always thought that the COC baptized in Jesus name but I am not sure what they say during baptism. I just assumed that because they quoted Acts 2:38 as their number one scripture that they baptized in Jesus name.
The vast majority do NOT baptize in Jesus Name they baptize into the Trinity although they profess there is NO baptisimal formula yet they use one though not correct.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Aren't you a administrator? I guess the rules don't apply to you. Your education make you so far superior than this (What did you call me) OH ya a raving Lunkhead.
[/color]
Wasn't this you?

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...9&postcount=71

And here's the admin list, ya Lunkhead.

http://apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=35

I wanted to add a "furthermore here as well, Light. I have never at any time on this forum made any kind of references to my education except once about some non-credited auditing of some courses that I did as a kind of remedial catching up on science classes that I had neglected. How do you know if I even graduated from High School?

You make many leaps to some rather far fetched conclusions about things. I'd like to encourage you to slow down and take a closer look at the incredible things that are going on all around you right now. You'll probably come away with even more reasons to praise God!

Last edited by pelathais; 09-09-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Administrator

I have not read this thread other than a couple of posts. Just wanted to say that I seriously doubt Glen Beck has an agenda against Oneness religous people who baptize in Jesus name.

Sounds like he was mocking fundamentalist Christians in general. Not something I like but not all that uncommon among the media elite regardless of their political persuasion.

The left coast and much of the east coast and rust belt have no clue as to what conservative fundamentalist Christians are all about. They just take extremists like the nut Baptist preacher who hates homosexuals and somehow thinks protesting at American soldiers funerals is a good thing to do as what we are.

Rather ironic though that someone who believes Mormonism would mock any other religion!

Gotta love how Light tries to act like this is some horrible thing that makes GB a traitor to political conservatives. I guess a dim light is better than no light at all.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Anyone have a clip of said mockery?
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
Are you suggesting that any of the fine Christian members of AFF watch television????!!!!! The nerve. (I bet youtube has a clip if you search there - unless Fox makes them pull it down)
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post

Boy I hope so, since few seem to believe what I quoted GB as saying, or my interpretation of context of what I heard. From first post,

Marcbee wrote,
<< ...JN baptizing preachers weren't being specifically mocked, but used as emblematic of mock-worthy extremists.>>

He pretended to "be" a wild preacher demanding a hypothetical someone to let him baptize them in JESUS NAME and cast out those DEMONS. The mini skit didn't take long--it was just a strange dramatized allusion, to serve a purpose I already proposed.

Last edited by MarcBee; 09-09-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Are you suggesting that any of the fine Christian members of AFF watch television????!!!!! The nerve. (I bet youtube has a clip if you search there - unless Fox makes them pull it down)

Like you said, you read only a couple posts in this thread. (And apparently not the first one--because it was a radio show.)

Old 09-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

Many years ago I was visiting the Mormon Temple in Oakland California and it just happened that they were baptizing people that day. Indeed, they do baptize in Jesus name. They also believe that Jesus is our "big brother" and we should all aspire to become god as he is god and that we all have the opportunity to work our way up the godhead ladder with the potential to becoming equal with "god the father".

They claim Christ as savior then prove that they really believe in salvation by works. They claim to believe in teh God of the Bible, then teach that we are all gods striving to become as the father...
www.newhopeministryresources.org