Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-17-2019, 07:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Believe me I have tried to find a Apostolic church and I sat under apostolic preachers and my pastor passed away Bishop WL Clayton and he taught me the truth and itís in me and that will never leave but I think most donít believe there is a Acts 2:39 Iíve been screamed at spit on had my neck snapped back heard about the Easter Bunny Santa Claus Halloween TV etc etc and thatís all the ones in my city talk about
Old 07-17-2019, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

The Church of God I visit occasionally speak in tongues heard tongues and interpretation but itís a older congregation so they have experienced the moving of the Holy Ghost but the other ones have big crowds big choirs 3 services and seems like they put God on a time clock and rush people out to get the next crowd in no altar calls no moving of the Holy Ghost but grab a Latte and donut and enjoy the show
Old 07-18-2019, 12:20 AM
Go Dodgers!

Church of Gods?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktc1jesus View Post
The Church of God I visit occasionally speak in tongues heard tongues and interpretation but itís a older congregation so they have experienced the moving of the Holy Ghost but the other ones have big crowds big choirs 3 services and seems like they put God on a time clock and rush people out to get the next crowd in no altar calls no moving of the Holy Ghost but grab a Latte and donut and enjoy the show
There's a fairly large Church of God church not far from where I grew up. I wouldn't be scared to guess their regular Sunday morning attendance is close to 250 or better. That may not seem like a large number to some, but for my town, it certainly is.

Any way, I remember having heard talk from my former babysitter, an older woman I affectionately call Nana. Well, Nana said she talked to this woman from this COG and asked her why they didn't wear skirts all the time any more. The woman told her because the new pastor didn't believe it was wrong, but she had kept all her skirts just in case another pastor went back to teaching it was wrong one day.

I was like what?

My Nana, who has never been a church-going woman, said she looked at her puzzled and asked her how come it wasn't wrong anymore. The woman gave no solid explanation beyond the new preacher didn't say anything about it.

Now, this COG I speak of is beautiful. It's sanctuary could easily sit 600 people, if not more. Years ago they held huge Easter and Christmas programs about the life of Christ. They were beautiful and very moving; the singing and productions were grand, kind of like something Sister Aimee laid out for her Angelus Temple productions back in the 1920s and 1930s, I'd say. People from all different denominations would bring their churches and youth groups to these services. At the conclusion, there was almost always an altar call where people were invited to come and give their lives to the Lord. I remember hundreds of people flooding the altars and crying out to God.

That all changed when the former pastor resigned and a younger guy took his place. They go Facebook Live during their Sunday services, and I've watched a few of them. They're basically your run-of-the-mill Charismatic church with a lit platform, dim sanctuary, and no separation standard whatsoever.

It's sad.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

You are all a bunch of Trinitarian enablers.
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You are all a bunch of Trinitarian enablers.
Been accused of being worse.