Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-12-2015, 02:47 PM
Banned

Re: Changing To Preterism from Rapture Doctrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Keep looking for the 2nd coming of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ, brother. Let no man steal your crown.

Oh, btw, Rudy. Preterists prey on folks that throw in the towel on studying and just become mush heads.

The smart thing to do, is believe what you are reading, without letting your imagination run wild like they do.

If you are reading the Bible and having thoughts of Alice in Wonderland, etc., you are on track of becoming a preterist.

That is the identifier bro.

Last edited by Sean; 10-12-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Jesus is fulfillment. All the scripture is given to lead us to Christ not for us have a complete lay out of future world events up to the future Resurrection. No man will have all knowledge, but I am not using that as an excuse not to study. We do find truths in studying the word of God, not to mention it is enjoyable.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Keep looking for the 2nd coming of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ, brother. Let no man steal your crown.

Rudy you stay on track and keep studying the Bible. Stay away from the ones who believe that Jesus has a physical sword waging out of His head, and try to get you to believe their own custom brand of baloney. Don't take my word for it, do your own research.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
I stepped away from all of the endtime stuff and became neutral. Reason--> the whole Jewish thing seems to be weak. God's chosen people because of a bloodline?? After all of the inter-breeding over 2000 years? Judaism being an anti-Christ religion.

Jesus fulfilled the law and destroyed a religious system that became corrupt. Now he is suppose to come back and do it again??

BUT -- a country called Israel -- globalism -- a numbering system upon us -- an apostate religious body -- no peace on earth -- the slaughter of children -- catastrophic wars -- perversion of natural law -- I don't see things getting better.

There are other things to list pro and con for both camps--enough for now.
It is never good to back off any biblical issue and be neutral. If it's in the word, go for it. God wants us to. I think the Devil is fearful of us knowing the truth because it means we learn kingdom power is here now and Jesus is king. Satan wants us in the dark about where we are in prophecy so we don't put him under. Futurism robs us of faith to see it now. It makes us think it's dark and we can't do anything about it. We can. True prophecy shows us so.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 10-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
It is never good to back off any biblical issue and be neutral. If it's in the word, go for it. God wants us to. I think the Devil is fearful of us knowing the truth because it means we learn kingdom power is here now and Jesus is king. Satan wants us in the dark about where we are in prophecy so we don't put him under. Futurism robs us of faith to see it now. It makes us think it's dark and we can't do anything about it. We can. True prophecy shows us so.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

Sean, thanks again for helping to derail the thread. I see your actions as deliberately rude and uncaring, knowing I desired to hear from those who had changed their views.

To all who addressed my original question- thank you. This is an area in which I have not done any in depth studies. It was good to see how others arrived at looking into this area.

I will continue to watch this in case others end up sharing.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

Reader, another strong point that turned me this way was noticing things Jesus said in Matthew 24 were on the same sequence of Revelation 6. False prophets were white horse. Wars were red horse. Famine black horse and then death the pale horse.

Then Jesus says to wait and the gospel must be preached to all the world. The fifth seal tells souls to wait.

Then tribulation comes and sun turns black and moon blood, and like fig tree putting forth figs end is close.

The sixth seal has stars falling like figs and sun black, moon blood.

Jesus said all that happens to the people standing there listening to him.

Also, Jesus said the woman weeping for him ought to wep for themselves since they'd be calling for the rocks to cover them. That's the sixth seal as well. Calling for rocks to cover them.

They were women of Jerusalem.

It all pointed to people whom Jesus warned of judgment due to rejecting him.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 10-13-2015, 01:54 AM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Rudy you stay on track and keep studying the Bible. Stay away from the ones who believe that Jesus has a physical sword waging out of His head, and try to get you to believe their own custom brand of baloney. Don't take my word for it, do your own research.
I think this bears repeating.

Reminds me of two sisters: one believes only in "salvation by faith"; the other,
a believer searching to serve God as much as she can. But both are novices.
Anyway, the first sister tells the younger not to believe anyone: but to search
for her own truth and she'll be just fine.

Here's the problem: if the younger sister doesn't believe anyone else, she'll just
end up believing the elder sister, and believe that everyone else has "their own
brand of baloney". After all, everyone has to believe someone!

Well, either we believe that the Lord is coming again PHYSICALLY to gather His
Church, or we can believe that He came many years ago leading a Roman army!

Personally, I believe that He will come with an army of FAITHFUL angels:
and NOT with an army of devils.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

More points that changed my views.

Isa 10:5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
Isa 10:6 I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
Isa 10:7 Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.
Isa 10:8 For he saith, Are not my princes altogether kings?
Isa 10:9 Is not Calno as Carchemish? is not Hamath as Arpad? is not Samaria as Damascus?
Isa 10:10 As my hand hath found the kingdoms of the idols, and whose graven images did excel them of Jerusalem and of Samaria;
Isa 10:11 Shall I not, as I have done unto Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols?
Isa 10:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.

God used heathen nations to afflict Jerusalem as in this case with Assyria. He said it was HIS ROD OF ANGER. He was doing the punishing using a heathen army. This is the sme with Rome.

WE see Zech 14 using the same pattern. Jerusalem is afflicted using the heathen armies and then God punishes those armies later as well.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
More points that changed my views.

Isa 10:5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
Isa 10:6 I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
Isa 10:7 Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.
Isa 10:8 For he saith, Are not my princes altogether kings?
Isa 10:9 Is not Calno as Carchemish? is not Hamath as Arpad? is not Samaria as Damascus?
Isa 10:10 As my hand hath found the kingdoms of the idols, and whose graven images did excel them of Jerusalem and of Samaria;
Isa 10:11 Shall I not, as I have done unto Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols?
Isa 10:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.

God used heathen nations to afflict Jerusalem as in this case with Assyria. He said it was HIS ROD OF ANGER. He was doing the punishing using a heathen army. This is the sme with Rome.

WE see Zech 14 using the same pattern. Jerusalem is afflicted using the heathen armies and then God punishes those armies later as well.
Amen!