Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:11 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: We're the Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I see that as more speculative than the simpler thought of contrast of putting God first
Speculative?

I'm not speculating (what if, could be, etc). I'm just being more complete and more specific, showing that His words are not just "love your family less than you love Me" but go a bit deeper.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-12-2019, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

Speculative?

I'm not speculating (what if, could be, etc). I'm just being more complete and more specific, showing that His words are not just "love your family less than you love Me" but go a bit deeper.
your explanation is not found in scripture. We just have the hyperbole in that passage, but there's no explanation that says your answer is what you're supposed to get from that.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
your explanation is not found in scripture. We just have the hyperbole in that passage, but there's no explanation that says your answer is what you're supposed to get from that.
Neither is there any explanation there that says we are supposed to get your answer from that.

I explained the text based on how the terms are used in Scripture. You simply imported "hate means love less" into the texts of your choice. At least that is how it looks to me.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-12-2019, 07:30 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Getting back to the original post...

This is good. We just need to understand what it means to "let the love of God flow through us to reach those around us" because the world has a very inaccurate concept of love, and many believers have the same erroneous view. We need a Biblical presentation of what this looks like in action.
Any chance of getting back to this?

Old 06-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Any chance of getting back to this?
For me the short answer to this IMO is: presenting the gospel to sinners is the way we "let the love of God flow through us".
Old 06-17-2019, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Neither is there any explanation there that says we are supposed to get your answer from that.

I explained the text based on how the terms are used in Scripture. You simply imported "hate means love less" into the texts of your choice. At least that is how it looks to me.
I think it's self evident

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 06-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

The main way the Bible stresses of letting his love flow is through our words. Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Watch this....

Matt 12:32....And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the..world..to come.

..33....Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by..his..fruit.

..34....O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

..35....A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

..36....But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

..37....For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Fruit of life is our words while the tree is our hearts.

Last edited by mfblume; 06-17-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Prov 15:..4....A wholesome tongue..is..a tree of life: but perverseness therein..is..a breach in the spirit.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
The main way the Bible stresses of letting his love flow is through our words. Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Watch this....

Matt 12:32....And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the..world..to come.

..33....Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by..his..fruit.

..34....O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

..35....A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

..36....But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

..37....For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Fruit of life is our words while the tree is our hearts.
While our words are definitely important, as James points out, our words and our religion are vain and dead if they aren't backed up by action (James 2:14-18).

Old 06-18-2019, 07:11 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
While our words are definitely important, as James points out, our words and our religion are vain and dead if they aren't backed up by action (James 2:14-18).
practical application like watching the neighbor's dog while they go to visit their family out of town. taking a neighbor who lives alone for a dr visit when they need help. providing help and friendship to family, church family, and neighbors.

maybe if people thought we really cared they would be more open to what we have to say.