Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
counseling, marriage

Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: “FIREPROOF” from the creators of “Facing the G

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
I loved Facing the Giants. I have not seen Flywheel but I heard it's great. Did you like it?
Yes - I liked them both. There is plenty of fodder there for the "critics" to be sure... from bad lighting to an overt Christian theme throughout.

Of course, if the critics and media don't like it - it is likely good stuff!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Fireproof - the movie!

My husband and I went to see "Fireproof" this weekend. It was very good. The message is so pertinent to what a lot of couples are battling in our culture today. From what I understand, the movie is a springboard for a conference that Sherwood (the home church) will be hosting in November. I laughed as much as I cried. It really touched my heart.

Hurray for the vision these people have for creating an alternative to some of the Hollywood trash that gets shoved down so many peoples' throats. And congratulations to Sherwood Baptist Church for another successful movie.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Prayerful lives are powerful

Re: Fireproof - the movie!

I thought the movie was good also.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Christmas 2009

Fireproof, the Movie

There may have been a thread on this already, but I just wanted to say that every married couple should see this movie. Some of the acting isn't "Hollywood standard", but Kirk Cameron is great and the story is SO powerful! We went to see it in Phoenix this week with some good friends. I would recommend it to anyone, unless your pastor says NO.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Hoping to see it soon. Recently someone told me I should see Facing the Giants. Will try to see both of them.

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 10-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
Hoping to see it soon. Recently someone told me I should see Facing the Giants. Will try to see both of them.
My husband and I went to see it Saturday. It is a great movie. The acting was a lot better than Facing the Giants. Getting a lot better anyway.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:00 PM
delete account

Lightbulb Movie...FIREPROOF

JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE... FIREPROOf? It is a very good movie about how a young couple's marriage was saved because of an intervention began by the Father of the husband.

Godly counsel from a spiritual father works wonders in the lives of the adult children.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 10-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Honorary Admin

Mrs. MOW and I went today, after giving her a dozen roses, (Sweetest Day) to see Fireproof. It was well worth the price of the ticket. Not a whole lot of action (there is some good action stuff) but the last part of the movie is excellent! There were multiple ladies crying in the theatre, including Mrs. MOW. It is done excellently and Kirk does an awesome job as usual.

Definitely worth taking the wife to gentlemen! (hint, hint)
Old 10-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Mrs. MOW and I went today, after giving her a dozen roses, (Sweetest Day) to see Fireproof. It was well worth the price of the ticket. Not a whole lot of action (there is some good action stuff) but the last part of the movie is excellent! There were multiple ladies crying in the theatre, including Mrs. MOW. It is done excellently and Kirk does an awesome job as usual.

My sister and husband just went to see it and he said that in the men's restroom after the movie, nearly all the MEN were crying. So it is truly a powerful movie!!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:23 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post

Definitely worth taking the husband to ladies