Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Which one is the freak?

To the Jew first...

Shalom chaverim! Peace unto you, my friends!

“For I am not ashamed of the Good News, since it is God’s powerful means of bringing salvation to everyone who keeps on trusting, to the Jew especially, but equally to the Gentile.” Romans 1:16, from the Complete Jewish Bible

The Apostate church and her daughter works.
Cults such as Mormonism and the Jehovah’s Witness movement.
The New Age movement and Scientology.
Radical militant Islam.

In the face of all of these influences, it seems daunting to try to witness to people about Jesus, the work He did at Calvary, His fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, and His identity as the G-d of Israel who was manifest in flesh and blood. Yet, the fact remains that there has never been a more exciting time to be a believer in the Jewish Messiah than in this day and age!

Now, more than ever before, Jewish people are seeing Jesus for who He is: a man who taught Torah and lived it, and in so doing, satisfied one of the requirements for being the Messiah.

The Apostolic church where I spend my Sundays has two Jewish congregants, and I’m one of them. The other is not only a Brother, but a personal friend, and we did not come into Apostolic Truth because of the witness of Messianic Jews, but through Gentiles.

We both grew up in homes where Jesus is a curse word. It was easier for me, because I was not taught that believing in Jesus in wrong, but my friend was. It was much harder for my friend because he, like many Jews, suffered from something Paul describes in his Letter to the Messianic community in Rome.
“What follows is that Isra’el has not attained the goal for which she is striving. The ones chosen have obtained it, but the rest have been made stonelike, just as the Tanakh says, “God has given them a spirit of dullness –
eyes that do not see
and ears that do not hear,
right down to the present day.” Romans 11:7-8 CJB

So if his eyes and ears wouldn’t see and hear, what made my friend even consider giving his life to the one who Jewish people consider the enemy?

What brought my friend in was provocation, pure and simple.

“In that case, I say, isn’t it that they have stumbled with the result that they have permanently fallen away? Heaven forbid! Quite the contrary, it is by means of their stumbling that the deliverance has come to the Gentiles, in order to provoke them to jealousy.” Romans 11:11 CJB

Two people who bore the fruit of the Spirit witnessed to him. He saw their lifestyle and knew they were different. They were knowledgeable of Jewish religion and culture. They had Home Fellowship Groups and he came at their urging.

He saw prayers getting answered, injuries getting healed, and people conducting themselves in such a godly manner that he knew there was something to this ‘Oneness Thing.’ It took many weeks, but he’s in The Kingdom and has never been the same since.

He witnesses to his family, and so do I. Our families are not interested. When we witness to other Jews, we’re considered as non-Jews, sell-outs to our faith. G-d could use us to work miracles in their lives, but it wouldn’t make a difference because nothing we could do would provoke them to jealousy. Even Paul tried.

“…in the hope that somehow I may provoke some of my own people to jealousy and save some of them! For if their casting Yeshua aside means reconciliation for the world, what will their accepting him mean? It will be life from the dead!” Romans 11:14-15 CJB

Paul has provoked few, and I have provoked none, though I have planted lots and lots of seeds.

…but you can succeed! Nearly all Jews who have come to faith have come because a non-Jew gave them The Gospel!

G-d desires for all of Israel to be saved. We have taken this gospel to Europe and the Americas, to Australia, Asia, and Africa. Unfortunately, we stopped taking it to Judea. You probably know more Jewish people than you think.

It is my hope that creating this thread will result in you becoming equipped to take the Acts 2:38 message of salvation to the Jews, the intended recipients of The Gospel.

Shalom uv’racha b’shem Yeshua Mishikheinu!
Peace and blessings unto you in the Name of Yeshua, Our Messiah!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rosh Hashanah: The Festival of Trumpets
Thank you Yeshua, our King! We patiently wait for your return.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Which one is the freak?

Re: To the Jew first...

From the "Passover Celebration" thread (2007), the following is right on the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Just for reference when dealing with Jews:

Don 't EVER use the word "convert" to a Jewish person. That is the worst word you can use when witnessing to them. To them, convert, means to forsake their heritage, history, beliefs etc. To help Jews, you need, like Paul, to talk about fulfillment. I'm not saying they don't need saved. I'm only saying that they have been taught/programmed to believe that Christians want to get them to renounce their heritage and roots.

When you look at the history of the "christian" church, it doesn't have a very good track record of treating Jews kindly or with respect. No wonder they are leary.

If you want to begin to gain the respect of Jewish people, begin by thanking them for their love and respect of God's word and for preserving it for us for thousands of years. Tell them that if there ever is another attempt at a holocaust, they won't be alone or left standing by themselves!

Shema Yisroel!!!

Shalom uv’racha b’shem Yeshua Mishikheinu!
Peace and blessings unto you in the Name of Yeshua, Our Messiah!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rosh Hashanah: The Festival of Trumpets
Thank you Yeshua, our King! We patiently wait for your return.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Sister Alvear

yes, so true

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Say on brother say on.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
mmaizecob

Good artical!Thanks for posting !
Old 07-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Jjalapin

Thanks for sharing !
Old 08-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Asternship

Shalom Shalom

Yes then the real fun begins.Yes to the Jew first then here comes the Gentiles being grafted in to become JEWS.More Precisely Children of the One True GOD ,Jesus.

Ken W.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

To the Jew first just shows the progression of time. JESUS reached out to the Jews and they rejected HIM. After Pentecost, it was open to everyone. There's nothing special about Jews anymore, and there's nothing special for the Greeks either, or for any other race. In Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile... Oh, but I have a Matisyahu's CD!

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

I agree we should take the gospel to Israel but isn't witnessing about Christ in Israel outlawed ? Maybe I'm misinformed but I understand the Isreali goverment isn't too keen on Christians publicly witnessing their faith ?
I am thankful the middle wall of pardition has been broken down and all people can become one new man in Christ.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

Gentiles have ALWAYS been allowed! It amazes me the trash that is spewed forth that somehow Gentiles could not be apart of the commonwealth of Israel. Check the facts Gentiles(nations) could always be apart of the Covenant given to Moses. Great post Neubill!