Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Encouragement To The Three Step Believers

Andrew Strom as far as I know is Trinitarian. Over the past few years he has come to see much light on Acts 2:38 and the new birth. I posted an article by him a while back. This is a different article but with like content.

First I will post the heart of the matter as it pertains to the "three step" issue.

Quote:
Andrew Strom

Now, we have already discussed elsewhere how people became Christians in the Bible. We know that there were THREE THINGS that always needed to happen when someone wanted to become a Christian in the New Testament:

Repentance
Water Baptism
Being filled with the Holy Spirit.
-Every time, these were the three things that happened STRAIGHT AWAY. (-See Acts 2:37-41, Acts 8:12-20, Acts 10:44-48, Acts 19:1-6, Acts 22:16, Heb 6:1-2, Mk 16:16-18, etc.)

As I have said before, the doctrine of "Asking Jesus into your heart" does not exist in the Bible, and personally I would come very close to calling it a lie from the pit of hell, because it falsely assures people that they are "saved" just because they have 'prayed a little prayer'. It is very dishonest and totally unscriptural. So we know that a basic "New Testament Christian" is someone who has:

Repented
Been Baptized (immersed) in water, and
Been filled with the Holy Spirit (-accompanied by 'tongues', as far as we can tell in Scripture).
So how on earth do we reach all these vast millions who are being duped with this half-Christianity of "Asking Jesus into your heart" - but never hear the full gospel? What on earth can be done to get this message through to them?

This is a burden that is very much on my heart. And I am convinced that only the coming "John-the-Baptist" ministries will have the anointing to break through the walls of 'Religion' to reach these people with the truth. We are talking about millions upon millions of precious souls here. And they are people who DO BELIEVE in God. But they have been lied-to, and the real truth has been denied them.

I am convinced that the coming harvest will BEGIN IN THE CHURCH. It will begin with converting the "CHRISTIANS". -This has always been God's order. "First in Jerusalem, then in Judea...."
So while Apostolics seem to be drifting from the true doctrine of the new birth we can take heart that there are one step faith alone people who are still seeking and finding the truth.

Entire article can be read here.

http://www.revivalschool.com/index.p...unsaved-church