Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Bind With Me In Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
BB,

I am joining you in prayer about your situation. Since you are an adult is there some problem with you choosing to live with one parent over the other? I would think it should be your decision as a young adult. Your parents obviously live reasonably close to each other since you are currently splitting time between them so choosing one to live with does not mean you could not see the other one on a very regular basis.
Most people I have discussed it with (and that number is few) agree with your reasoning that the decision to live with my Mother should be entirely mine. I have continued to pray about this situation of mine on a daily basis, and I am leaning towards speaking with my Father about this decision I am going to make in the very, very near future. Your continued prayers would be more than appreciated!

And, I did private message you, but I'm unsure if you got it. It doesn't show up anywhere in my messages. AFF is a little confusing when it comes to things like that. What does your lengthy quote in your signature space mean? Could you elaborate on it more? I think I have an idea what it means, but I don't want to say for sure. If you wish to message me privately, that will be fine.

God bless!
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro.Belflower View Post
Most people I have discussed it with (and that number is few) agree with your reasoning that the decision to live with my Mother should be entirely mine. I have continued to pray about this situation of mine on a daily basis, and I am leaning towards speaking with my Father about this decision I am going to make in the very, very near future. Your continued prayers would be more than appreciated!

And, I did private message you, but I'm unsure if you got it. It doesn't show up anywhere in my messages. AFF is a little confusing when it comes to things like that. What does your lengthy quote in your signature space mean? Could you elaborate on it more? I think I have an idea what it means, but I don't want to say for sure. If you wish to message me privately, that will be fine.

God bless!
What does your Pastor think about your desire to move? Have you involved him in this decision making process?
Old 05-28-2018, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Update!

First, I want to thank all of you that has helped me pray about this situation I had been facing. I honestly do believe they have helped and that I am now aiming for the calling the Lord has in my life.

I have finally seen what I believe to be the true light the Lord has tried to show me. When I started visiting my Mother's church, I felt a calling from the Lord to be a witness to the congregation there. I felt a need to show them that a church could have higher standards and still keep its church strong and full, that's if the people what holiness. Somewhere along the way, I did loose my focus a little bit. I will admit that.

I have prayed continuously and I realize now my fear for telling my Father was only a cover. I worried about telling him, sure, but I realize that Jesus was trying to get me to see what holiness really is and the importance of it spiritually. I have decided to stay with my Father and Bonus Mom and the church family I have established here.

However, now I do ask you all help me in praying about how to tell my Mother I cannot move in with her and why I can't. Also pray for her church members I have spoken to about the move, and that my relationship with them stays strong. I'm praying to the Lord that I haven't put my foot into my mouth about stuff that I cannot maintain a healthy relationship people that's already well-established.

I appreciated your continued prayers!

God bless!
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

In aiding with my decision, I kept hearing these verses in my head:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
(Matthew 7:13─14)
Old 05-31-2018, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
In aiding with my decision, I kept hearing these verses in my head:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
(Matthew 7:13─14)
Im very glad you are staying. It seems you have a love for holiness and thats awesome, many churches are moving away from it. Im sure your Pastor would have never blessed that move. I understand your desire for your mom's church to have a higher standard but you would have had to fight the pulpit to change the church and that would not have ended well for you. I truly believe you made the wisest decision to stay.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:18 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Im very glad you are staying. It seems you have a love for holiness and thats awesome, many churches are moving away from it. Im sure your Pastor would have never blessed that move. I understand your desire for your mom's church to have a higher standard but you would have had to fight the pulpit to change the church and that would not have ended well for you. I truly believe you made the wisest decision to stay.
not to mention, young men need a father's influence in their lives.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
It was not an easy decision I must admit. The leaders of my Mother's church have great hearts, love for people, and a desire to see new faces in the congregation, but their considerable lacking in teachings on separation and outward holiness was a cause of concern in my end. I do love them and I know they love me, but some of the things they let go because of a variety of different reasons, was the major factor in concluding it couldn't be my home church. I still attend occasionally with my Mother, but I try harder now to keep my main objective in tact: show them that holiness is still right and that Jesus expects it from us.

I pray the Lord gives me a strong love for holiness, inwardly and outwardly. The two go hand-in-hand.

I appreciate your prayers!
Old 06-04-2018, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
It was not an easy decision I must admit. The leaders of my Mother's church have great hearts, love for people, and a desire to see new faces in the congregation, but their considerable lacking in teachings on separation and outward holiness was a cause of concern in my end. I do love them and I know they love me, but some of the things they let go because of a variety of different reasons, was the major factor in concluding it couldn't be my home church. I still attend occasionally with my Mother, but I try harder now to keep my main objective in tact: show them that holiness is still right and that Jesus expects it from us.

I pray the Lord gives me a strong love for holiness, inwardly and outwardly. The two go hand-in-hand.

I appreciate your prayers!