Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Cross-examine it!

Re: Even Jesus couldn't heal everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
No we don't struggle. I agree he did all that as a man or through his HUMAN nature only. But that was a result of the Kenosis. He was still God despite that fact.
We have no disagreement in our views. It has been my experience that most Oneness people do not understand the Kenosis, nor its implications and make statements like "He did this as a man and this as God."
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
We have no disagreement in our views. It has been my experience that most Oneness people do not understand the Kenosis, nor its implications and make statements like "He did this as a man and this as God."
I agree to a certain degree. I don't believe Jesus prayed AS GOD in the garden, nor do I believe God died on the cross. Yet I know that Jesus was God while participating in those events. There is a difference, even if it's the same difference.

For me, it's difficult to state exactly what I mean and convey it clearly regarding how I see Jesus. I just know in my heart and mind who He is and that's what really matters.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Someone on this forum knows him personally and said he attends a Jesus name church.

I wonder if they know he doesn't believe Jesus was God while on earth.
Your someone is WRONG - I pastor two churches and attend those churches... I am supposing your statement was directed to me.. thanks
Old 06-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
I agree to a certain degree. I don't believe Jesus prayed AS GOD in the garden, nor do I believe God died on the cross. Yet I know that Jesus was God while participating in those events. There is a difference, even if it's the same difference.

For me, it's difficult to state exactly what I mean and convey it clearly regarding how I see Jesus. I just know in my heart and mind who He is and that's what really matters.
but what we know in our heart and minds must line up with scripture... Muslims know in their heart and mind that Jesus was not even THE son of God but rather A Son of God.....

You are soo right , with God all things are possible except ONE THINg - He cannot lie and he cannot contradict himself... if he tells us that "HE ALONE IS GOD AND BESIDES HIM THERE IS NO OTHER" and then you elevate another man.. Christ Jesus to the status of the "PERSON OF GOD" you have now in effect created another GOD which opposes the Word of God?

Do you ever wonder why in all of Pauls prayers in the NT,, not one is ever directed to Christ.. but rather to THE FATHER? Why is that? Because his understanding of Godhead was not kilted by the Oneness movement or the Trinity movement.... He understood that Jesus was the only WAY TO THE FATHER or GOD -- and he credits Jesus with such......
Old 06-02-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Your someone is WRONG - I pastor two churches and attend those churches... I am supposing your statement was directed to me.. thanks
You pastor two churches and teach that Jesus wasn't fully God, but instead a partial God or whatever?

What part of 'the fulness of the Godhead dwelt in Him bodily' isn't in your Bible?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
but what we know in our heart and minds must line up with scripture... Muslims know in their heart and mind that Jesus was not even THE son of God but rather A Son of God.....
And you say He wasn't fully God. Got scripture for that, or is it just in your heart and mind?

Quote:
You are soo right , with God all things are possible except ONE THINg - He cannot lie and he cannot contradict himself... if he tells us that "HE ALONE IS GOD AND BESIDES HIM THERE IS NO OTHER" and then you elevate another man.. Christ Jesus to the status of the "PERSON OF GOD" you have now in effect created another GOD which opposes the Word of God?
What part of 'the Word was made flesh' isn't in your Bible? Jesus being God doesn't make two Gods...God is omnipresent...He is everywhere all at once, not contained in one area and not in another.

Quote:
Do you ever wonder why in all of Pauls prayers in the NT,, not one is ever directed to Christ.. but rather to THE FATHER? Why is that? Because his understanding of Godhead was not kilted by the Oneness movement or the Trinity movement.... He understood that Jesus was the only WAY TO THE FATHER or GOD -- and he credits Jesus with such......
Are you asserting that Paul didn't believe Jesus was God, or that Paul believed in persons of the Godhead?

Paul, like other oneness folks, recognized that Jesus was both God and man. Fully both.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
And that would be YOUR someone.....kinfolk of your wife, in fact.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
And that would be YOUR someone.....kinfolk of your wife, in fact.
Oh wonderful.. sorry outdated information that you've recieved
Old 06-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
You pastor two churches and teach that Jesus wasn't fully God, but instead a partial God or whatever?

What part of 'the fulness of the Godhead dwelt in Him bodily' isn't in your Bible?
I teach that GOD was fully God and that Jesus was his SON... I could have thought for sure the Bible also taught something like that....
Old 06-02-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Oh wonderful.. sorry outdated information that you've recieved
I didn't see you correct her 'outdated information' on that thread. Why didn't you?