Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-14-2021, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

Re: I'll Say It Again - IT'S OVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The wickedness of ancient times is unparalleled from the Mongol hordes, Viking invaders, to every battle and war in Europe and Asia. How about a black plague which changed Europe for ever. Pick up a history book. You are safer today then your ancestors were in the 1800s. Good grief
And we all know those German figures are a bit "questionable."

As for the Japs and Chinese, we fought on the wrong side. Our Chineses "allies" that we saved ended up under Mao making Jap crimes look like a parking violation.

Last edited by Originalist; 01-14-2021 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
God got Trump elected and allowed the Dems to get rid of him. His sole job was to make Jerusalem the capital of Israel..... officially. Globalism and the mark of the beast are soon to come. God saw it all before He made the world. It cannot be stopped by anyone.
I’m sure all that is true. I’ll be the first to say that I have a profound disagreement with those that glibly say, “what a great time to be alive.”

I do not agree. Unless you’re a pre-trib person, or have no children or grandchildren, that perspective is appallingly ignorant.

Even Jesus said it: Matthew 24:19: “Got a baby? Sucks for you.” (my horrified paraphrase)

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-14-2021 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
I’m sure all that is true. I’ll be the first to say that I have a profound disagreement with those that glibly say, “what a great time to be alive.”

I do not agree. Unless you’re a pre-trib person, or have no children or grandchildren, that perspective is appallingly ignorant.

Even Jesus said it. “Got a baby? Sucks for you (my horrified paraphrase)
Amen. And I am pre trib, FYI. God will not pour out His wrath on both sinner and saint.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Amen. And I am pre trib, FYI. God will not pour out His wrath on both sinner and saint.
Well, I don’t agree with that position(though I’m not debating it here—I’m sure it’s been fleshed out for many a thread)So therefore my anticipations are different.

But I’ll at least admit I’m probably no more prepared for it than a pre-trib person is. I don’t want to be right.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well, I don’t agree with that position(though I’m not debating it here—I’m sure it’s been fleshed out for many a thread)So therefore my anticipations are different.

But I’ll at least admit I’m probably no more prepared for it than a pre-trib person is. I don’t want to be right.
There is not a person on this forum that has the will to make it through Rev 19. They would fold after seeing Rev 6. As a matter of fact, most will face certain death by the end of chapter 14. We can barely make it through this pandemic now without melting down. We better look up when we see these signs, not look down and try to plow through them.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
All part of the Pre-Trib fallacy, Sean. The Tribulation and wrath are different events. And I must take objection to your statement that God raised up Trump for the "sole purpose" of recognizing Jerusalem as the Capitol of Israel as if God does not really care about the USA. I for one care about MY people, not some bunch of anti-Christ reprobates in the Middle East.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

All I can ask is this: Just who are these "saints" that are appointed to be "worn out" by the Antichrist?

BTW, Last night I came across this guy in Texas (Hebrew Roots based, I guess) who laid out America's doom in a way I had never seen. he had me right up until he said God had chosen him to lead an exodus somewhere--to some safe place that is apparently inured from Tribulation horrors. All before 2024.

Of course he's a crack pot--but man, the leadup evidence to our country's issues was amazing nonetheless.

Anyway . . . I hate nearly everything about the ebbs of life anymore. And as I said, Jesus is all cool with "let not your heart be troubled . . . " right up until he gets to this subject. Then His demeanor seems to change.

My whole life, I always found it irritating when news of geopolitical strife and apparent fulfillments of prophecies that move us toward the mark are met with cheers from the pews, and the loud "AMENS!" from people who would have never conceived of where we are right now.

I was always able to see it in my head. If I truly believed the Bride was going to ne yanked out of here and leave behind a scoffing world of hate and loathing, I'd be all upbeat and giddy. But I know better.

Me? I'd rather be incinerated during Gog & Magog.

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-14-2021 at 09:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-14-2021, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
All I can ask is this: Just who are these "saints" that are appointed to be "worn out" by the Antichrist?

BTW, Last night I came across this guy in Texas (Hebrew Roots based, I guess) who laid out America's doom in a way I had never seen. he had me right up until he said God had chosen him to lead an exodus somewhere--to some safe place that is apparently inured from Tribulation horrors. All before 2024.

Of course he's a crack pot--but man, the leadup evidence to our country's issues was amazing nonetheless.

Anyway . . . I hate nearly everything about the ebbs of life anymore. And as I said, Jesus is all cool with "let not your heart be troubled . . . " right up until he gets to this subject. Then His demeanor seems to change.

My whole life, I always found it irritating when news of geopolitical strife and apparent fulfillments of prophecies that move us toward the mark are met with cheers from the pews, and the loud "AMENS!" from people who would have never conceived of where we are right now.

I was always able to see it in my head. If I truly believed the Bride was going to ne yanked out of here and leave behind a scoffing world of hate and loathing, I'd be all upbeat and giddy. But I know better.

Me? I'd rather be incinerated during Gog & Magog.
The saints(Rev's elect) are found here....Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

And resurrected here...20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

So, this is the post trib doctrine, not "hiding in God in a cave, etc., until then".
Old 01-14-2021, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
And resurrected here...20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

So, this is the post trib doctrine, not "hiding in God in a cave, etc., until then".
How does one forego worshipping the beast, or decline the mark, unless one is put to the test of taking it?
Old 01-14-2021, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
And we all know those German figures are a bit "questionable."

As for the Japs and Chinese, we fought on the wrong side. Our Chineses "allies" that we saved ended up under Mao making Jap crimes look like a parking violation.
Orig - have to disagree with this. Our Chinese allies went to Taiwan!