Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Go Dodgers!

Bro Strange and ApostolicLibrary.com???

Apostoliclibrary.com actually points to a parked domain....

The URL is actually www.apostoliclibrary.NET and yet BS still calls it Apostoliclibrary.com

BTW I see the other domain is up for sale bro...maybe you should buy it? If so transfer it to godaddy and buy it for 5 years cheaper

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Go Dodgers!

Bro Strange, hand me your brain and I will help you

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Bro Strange, hand me your brain and I will help you
Hand you both cells? Will do.

Actually, it is www.ApostolicLibrary.com. I had let it expire back in July. I tentatively gave the domain and all that the realm entails to another great Apostolic Brother who will continue on with it. However, he was unable to renew it since I am the owner of it. So, he registered .net until I got the .com name renewed. It is now renewed. I suspect that it will appear as a .com site shortly.

I had initially had the site set up to warehouse some of my own articles and others of my choosing. Not that any of my articles are all that great, but there are some good stuff there. I particularly like some of the writings of Evangelist Ken Douglas on how to help people along the path to receiving the Holy Ghost. It is really good. Early Apostolic Revivals and Campmeetings which are the accounts of Bro Harvey Shearer who was one of the main leaders of the early Apostolic movement in Texas, Louisiana and other places is really inspiring. He was the father of the late Huss Shearer, pastor and former Dist. Supt. of Ohio. I knew bro Harvey Shearer as a very young child.

But, the last time I loaned my brain out...well you don't want to hear the rest of the story.

I sincerely appreciate the offer to help. It is a very kind offer indeed.

Thank you...
Old 07-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post

Actually, it is www.ApostolicLibrary.com. I had let it expire back in July. I tentatively gave the domain and all that the realm entails to another great Apostolic Brother who will continue on with it. However, he was unable to renew it since I am the owner of it. So, he registered .net until I got the .com name renewed. It is now renewed. I suspect that it will appear as a .com site shortly.

I had initially had the site set up to warehouse some of my own articles and others of my choosing. Not that any of my articles are all that great, but there are some good stuff there. I particularly like some of the writings of Evangelist Ken Douglas on how to help people along the path to receiving the Holy Ghost. It is really good. Early Apostolic Revivals and Campmeetings which are the accounts of Bro Harvey Shearer who was one of the main leaders of the early Apostolic movement in Texas, Louisiana and other places is really inspiring. He was the father of the late Huss Shearer, pastor and former Dist. Supt. of Ohio. I knew bro Harvey Shearer as a very young child.

But, the last time I loaned my brain out...well you don't want to hear the rest of the story.

Thank you...
Great...I went through the lost domain name too....it was completely the fault of the registrar which was partly why I switched to godaddy, besides the price there.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Thank you...
Bro Strange,

I've spent the last half hour reading your Testimony on your website and have been blessed by the miracles of healings you reported about your mother and wife. As I was reading about your wife, I was crying out loud and my daughter heard me and came in and gave me a big hug.

I especially related to your testimony of Jesus visiting you as a light that shone upon your works. I pray everyday that I will not bring a reproach on his name and that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart would be acceptable to Him. He's been doing some housecleaning in my heart.

Thank you for writing these things down and glory to God for all He has done.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 07-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Great...I went through the lost domain name too....it was completely the fault of the registrar which was partly why I switched to godaddy, besides the price there.
I have also switched to godaddy also with a couple of other names that I've had for quite a few years and have never done anything with. I'm saving those names until I get the inspiration to do something with them.

You are right. It is considerably cheaper.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Bro Strange,

I've spent the last half hour reading your Testimony on your website and have been blessed by the miracles of healings you reported about your mother and wife. As I was reading about your wife, I was crying out loud and my daughter heard me and came in and gave me a big hug.

I especially related to your testimony of Jesus visiting you as a light that shone upon your works. I pray everyday that I will not bring a reproach on his name and that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart would be acceptable to Him. He's been doing some housecleaning in my heart.

Thank you for writing these things down and glory to God for all He has done.
I'm happy that you were blessed.

I've given the testimony of those healings in many places. Very often, as I give those testimonies, people will start getting healed without prayer or anything. Their faith simply reaches out and touches the Lord. In fact, I have testimonies of healing from a few that have simply read those two testimonies. They are powerful.

Also, I am happy to know that you were blessed by the "A Strange Light" article. That will truly dig up your heart exposing it before the Lord.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:

Thank you...
I've read some of those articles.
I obtained your permission a while back to distribute one of them to several people by email.

I noticed you made mention of Ralph Bullock. I used to get a newsletter/magazine (about 4 pages) from him back in the late nineteen fifties or so. I don't remember when it stopped but I assume he died many years ago. There's another old pioneer gone to his reward. I've never seen anything about him from PPH.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 07-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I've read some of those articles.
I obtained your permission a while back to distribute one of them to several people by email.

I noticed you made mention of Ralph Bullock. I used to get a newsletter/magazine (about 4 pages) from him back in the late nineteen fifties or so. I don't remember when it stopped but I assume he died many years ago. There's another old pioneer gone to his reward. I've never seen anything about him from PPH.
Ralph Bullock and old Pioneer of the Apostolic movement was probably in his 90s when he went to be with the Lord in the 70s. I was with him in China. A beloved man loved and cherished for the life that he gave to the chinese people for the sake of the Apostolic message. I dealy loved the old sainted sage. I also got the Wing Shang Moon for a long time. In fact, I still have quite a few copies of that old paper.

Been around a while, huh Sam? God bless you brother. I so much appreciate so many thing that you have to say here.

btw, you have my permission to distribute any or all of that you wish to. Nothing that I've written is copyrighted.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Ralph Bullock and old Pioneer of the Apostolic movement was probably in his 90s when he went to be with the Lord in the 70s. I was with him in China. A beloved man loved and cherished for the life that he gave to the chinese people for the sake of the Apostolic message. I dealy loved the old sainted sage. I also got the Wing Shang Moon for a long time. In fact, I still have quite a few copies of that old paper.

Been around a while, huh Sam? God bless you brother. I so much appreciate so many thing that you have to say here.

btw, you have my permission to distribute any or all of that you wish to. Nothing that I've written is copyrighted.
I remember his little magazine. I think it was 4 pages, black and white with pictures. I was "shocked" to see the ladies with those padded "pants" and tops in those pictures. Since then I've changed my opinion on the "clothing" stuff like that.

Thanks for your permission to distribute your stuff. You had a couple of articles on experiences with snakes and poison I would have liked to included on a forum a while back when they were discussing snake handling. My personal opinion is that the experiences in those articles are what Jesus was referring to in Mark 16 when He said some of the signs that followed His people were divine protection like from from serpents and poison.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship