Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Evangelistic Apologetics

A Christian apologist by the name of Gregory Koukl has popularized an apologetic approach to get people to dismantle their own anti-Christian beliefs. He calls this "The Columbo Tactic." This tactic shifts the burden of proof on the non-Christian by asking questions that provoke the interlocutor to realize their own flaw of reasoning which ultimately dismantles one of their unreasonable beliefs.

I have used it toward my non-Apostolic and non-Christian friends for the past year or so. It does seem to help avoid confrontation and aggression that many other evangelistic approaches seem to fall short in.

Considering this, should we incorporate this into Apostolic evangelistic practice? If so, by what method?
"I am convinced with Plato, with St. Paul, with St. Augustine, with Calvin, and with Leibnitz, that this universe, and every smallest portion of it, exactly fulfils the purpose for which Almighty God designed it." - James Anthony Froude