Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

Re: From The General Board!

The GB needs to find an altar and pray. We are all part of the Body of Christ!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Jellybean!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
The GB needs to find an altar and pray. We are all part of the Body of Christ!
I'm sure they would have never thought of that without your help...

Puleeez.

Brother, just because you have received your great enlightenment, please don't presume to know the hearts of these men, most of which I am fairly sure you have never met. I am not making the statement that you are incorrect, simply that you have no way of knowing how much time they spend in prayer.

I sincerely feel to tell you that you are in danger of becoming just as rigid in you new-found beliefs, as you were in you old ones. You might want to take your own advice.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

DD, I do take my own advice. Oh well. Bless ya good anyway.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post

Puleeez.

Brother, just because you have received your great enlightenment, please don't presume to know the hearts of these men, most of which I am fairly sure you have never met. I am not making the statement that you are incorrect, simply that you have no way of knowing how much time they spend in prayer.

I sincerely feel to tell you that you are in danger of becoming just as rigid in you new-found beliefs, as you were in you old ones. You might want to take your own advice.

I have found in my experiences with people, that prayer doesn't have much to do with it. I have known people who "prayed" a lot and were just as "wacked" out as could be. This is primarily because they already have their minds made up as to what is right and what is wrong. The more convinced they are of that, the easier it is to superimpose their beliefs over top of what God says making what they believe to be what God says to them.

Most organizations are going by the wayside in favor the non-denominational, locally lead assembly which doesn't have to fool with politics and man made regulations.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
DD, I do take my own advice. Oh well. Bless ya good anyway.
I'm glad of that, and I really do hope that you can find a way to embrace your beliefs without seeking to vilify those you no longer agree with. I am 100% sure that you have been hurt by some in your past, but just because some people who believe a certain way have behaved badly, doesn't mean that every one who believes that way is a bad person or is wrong.

I know that it seems like I might be over-reacting to one post, but I have actually seen a pattern starting to emerge in your postings that seems to want to belittle or negate anything or anyone who doesn't believe as you currently do. I just felt to caution you against that spirit.

I know that I don't "know" you, but I do feel from I have seen of you on here and on Syna-d, that you are sincerely striving to follow God. For that, I honestly respect you.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
I have found in my experiences with people, that prayer doesn't have much to do with it. I have known people who "prayed" a lot and were just as "wacked" out as could be. This is primarily because they already have their minds made up as to what is right and what is wrong. The more convinced they are of that, the easier it is to superimpose their beliefs over top of what God says making what they believe to be what God says to them.

Most organizations are going by the wayside in favor the non-denominational, locally lead assembly which doesn't have to fool with politics and man made regulations.
I agree with that 100 percent. Well, not entirely sure about the most organizations, but I agree with the point. I have known many, and know many people who I feel are completely out of the will of God, who are completely convinced otherwise. We only have to look at the whole "drink the Kool-aid" style ministries that have existed in history to see this born out.

I was simply responding to the assumption that these men had not or did not pray. I don't necessarily agree with the decision that they made, but I don't assume to think that they made it lightly or with no prayer.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
I'd comment....but I'm not wanted. Presbyterian connection you know.
LOLOLOLOL j/k Dave...meant to add that part......got busy with a funeral...comment on.....
Old 02-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post

Puleeez.

GREAT WORDS!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
Sorry...aint happenin....