Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-16-2019, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Seeings how others did not want to start this thread, I guess I will.

How many believe that demonic oppression/ possession are possible causes of mental illness?

Old 06-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post

How many believe that demonic oppression/ possession are possible causes of mental illness?
Definitely possible in many, though not in all cases.

Also, "mental illness" how now been expanded to include anything not in line with GloboHomo Clown World™ so the term is rapidly losing all meaning.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-16-2019, 07:39 PM
New User

what do YOU believe about it?

Quote:

Old 06-17-2019, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Nope.. not in the context of the modern term "mental illness".
Old 06-17-2019, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBandy View Post
Nope.. not in the context of the modern term "mental illness".
Okay... modern context, lets see.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20374968

Here is the first paragraph.

Mental illness, also called mental health disorders, refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

Lets take these here and look at them in light of the Word of God. bro Bandy...

Depression - The spirit of heaviness is mentioned by name in the book. This is the spirit of depression that is also linked up with a spirit of witchcraft...

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Anxiety disorders - This would be fear?

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Schizophrenia - Hearing voices in the head, multiple personalities... Hmmmmm. Aren't we made in the image of God? Isn't God one? So we are one not many. If there are voices in the head wouldn't that be......... something else? What else? How about.... a devil!!!!

Definitely spiritual in nature!

Remember legion for we are many?

Eating disorders -

Addictive behaviors - Would that be like a spirit of bondage?

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Just a start....

Back to you Bandy.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Mental illness, also called mental health disorders, refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

Depression - The spirit of heaviness is mentioned by name in the book. This is the spirit of depression that is also linked up with a spirit of witchcraft...

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Schizophrenia - Hearing voices in the head, multiple personalities... Hmmmmm. Aren't we made in the image of God? Isn't God one? So we are one not many. If there are voices in the head wouldn't that be......... something else? What else? How about.... a devil!!!!

Eating disorders -

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Just a start....

Back to you Bandy.
Can you show were depression is linked to witchcraft in the scriptures? Can you also provide scripture for an eating disorder is linked to a spirit of bondage?

Last edited by Apostolic1ness; 06-17-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

What has changed? This is not a new phenomenon. Ministry has always been under attack, always had stressful issues and discouraging situations. Yet only in the past decade or so are we hearing of ministers and saints on mood altering drugs or ministers committing suicide.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
What has changed? This is not a new phenomenon. Ministry has always been under attack, always had stressful issues and discouraging situations. Yet only in the past decade or so are we hearing of ministers and saints on mood altering drugs or ministers committing suicide.
not sure what the problem is, but I can say I dont think folks pray now like the used to.
I think it was a Verbal Bean book I read that he made the comment that his elders at the time believed that a person wouldnt make it if they didnt pray at least three hours a day. Bro. Bean said he believed that a person wouldnt make it if they didnt pray at least one hour a day.

I wander what that has dwindled down to in our generation.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
not sure what the problem is, but I can say I dont think folks pray now like the used to.
I think it was a Verbal Bean book I read that he made the comment that his elders at the time believed that a person wouldnt make it if they didnt pray at least three hours a day. Bro. Bean said he believed that a person wouldnt make it if they didnt pray at least one hour a day.

I wander what that has dwindled down to in our generation.
It's said Americans have an average of 2 Bibles in their homes, and yet the overwhelming majority don't read either at all.

With all the entertainment and distractions, I would be surprised if most Apo/Pente saints prayed an hour each day. I know I don't. I should. I could claim that working 9 hours every day and then going home to help with the kids and get dinner/clean up/put kids to bed doesn't give me the time. But I could/should make time.

We have internet, Netflix, YouTube, mobile phones, work, etc.

Yes, we need to pray more. And by "we," I mean "me."
Old 06-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Eating disorders -

Just a start....

Back to you Bandy.