Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Overwhelmed

I really need prayer.

Some prolonged trials are taking their toll. seven years is a long time.

Part of it has been economic in nature. Like many middle -aged men, I've had to start over in an attempt to reinvent myself. I have 4 semesters of graduate school left. Now I'm facing issues that could disrupt my continuing in school. Yet if I do not finish, there is no hope. What a mess.

About a year ago, at the insistence of a sibling, I was forced to sell the home and property of my late mother where I had been living rent free since 2010. We thus had to move in with my 84 year old dad about 40 miles away, This made my commute to work an hour instead of 15 minutes, for a whipping 10 dollars an hour. This screwed up my after school care for my kids as well and has now left me essentially unemployed. I'm living off of my student loan money, which was never my intention. All of this because I have a 53 year old "older" sister (14 months older than me) who has never grown up and decided she wanted money to go check our Colorado. She has blown through the money and is now returning home penniless. This is the 3rd time she as done something like this and my dad bails her out every time. To be fair, the other two times she actually moved out of state for good jobs, but let the first sign of trouble cause her to return home, at daddy's expense. She always lives with our dad in between these ventures. She pays no rent, buys no toiletries, pays no utility bills, has 7 cats that my dad spends 100 dollars a month for food on. Yet, she does little cooking and cleaning for my dad. On the other hand, my family and I pay the light and gas bill and buy food and toiletries., as well as cook for my dad.

She is one of the most self-centered people I know. Now she is returning, and as you might have guessed, wants me and my family gone. She has no conception how her dumb decisions have turned our lives upside-down. I was dumb to let her twist my arm into selling before I finished school in 2009. She simply does not understand the pressures of a family, nor does she care.

Thanks for hearing my rant. I'm tired of this garbage. It makes my life and ministry ineffective. Sadly, all I have gotten from the Apostolic churches is shunning and accusations of bringing curses into my life for "not giving sufficiently". These people have zero clue how to minister to hurting people by way of encouragement and moral support.

Last edited by Originalist; 12-06-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Overwhelmed

I would ignore her request for you to leave, it is not her house. Continue on as you are and finish school, don't be side tracked.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I would ignore her request for you to leave, it is not her house. Continue on as you are and finish school, don't be side tracked.
Exactly. +1!

O, just keep on doing your thing, let HER learn to "deal". You have kids to take care of. They come first, no matter what.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

https://media.giphy.com/media/njYrp176NQsHS/giphy.gif

Send that Balrog of a sis plummeting of the Bridge of Khazad Dun
Old 12-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
https://media.giphy.com/media/njYrp176NQsHS/giphy.gif

Send that Balrog of a sis plummeting of the Bridge of Khazad Dun
Sorry. I'm not familiar with Klingon culture or geography.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:11 PM
of 9!! :)

I would not let this sister boot me out again. I'm sure your Dad has appreciated your help with bills and cooking. If he needs you to tell her to find somewhere else, I'm sure you will be happy to oblige!
Old 12-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Sorry. I'm not familiar with Klingon culture or geography.
Do not blaspheme the holy name of Tolkien *may his Lembas bread never go stale*you unwashed barbarian! lol