Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Do we all worship the same God?

Do Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the same God?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: Do we all worship the same God?

This is from pages 94, 95, and 96 of “Where Are Our Shepherds?” by Gregory Thompson, copyright 2010

I struggled to find an understanding, a counter --a clever stroke to the repeated “We serve the same God,” that the terrorists in charge of the mosque kept iterating...

A number of pals and I had gone to the local mosque to find out what makes Muslims tick. Unbeknownst to me, to any of us --the imam, the leader of this mosque just happened to be the number one Muslim in the United States. He was so powerful that he had actually conned the President of the United States with a tactic of philosophical hide the pea equivocation.

This man stood before us and read from the Gospel of John in English and read the first verse of the first chapter of John and said, “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was Allah. You see, my friends --this is from your very own missionaries and it’ show they teach that your God is our God.”

Very clever I thought --and this is exactly how he got the President of the United States and the Secretary of State conned to believe indeed, the God of Islam is the God of the Holy Bible....

I heard this repeated frequently over the 2 hours or so of brain washing from this Imam who bragged he had to leave and catch a plane for Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to meet directly with the King of Saudi Arabia....

Later when we asked the number one terrorist of America what he would do with his sins, a man from his mosque charged us, stopping alongside this Number 1 Terrorist, slammed into the chain link fence separating us and screamed, “I am glad they blew up the World Trade Center. I am glad they killed all those Americans.”...

We all decided enough was enough --interesting how all of us, about a dozen or so, just happened to get to the same decision at the very same second, “Time to go. We’ve all heard enough.”

I knew all of us were wondering “How do we get out of this clever rut of, “We all worship the same God insanity?”

I prayed --I’d been praying for the last 60 minutes or so for help. I knew I was no match for this clever leader of all the North American Muslim, terrorist community. I prayed or God to give me insight.

We left the mosque and walked out the gate to stand on the public sidewalk and with police protection to hand out Gospel tracts to the Muslims leaving the service.

I stood at the gate large enough for 2 cars to drive through, dreading the several thousand Muslims who would file by and I knew they were briefed to tell us that we serve the same God. What would I say? How could I match this puzzle the imam created for us. I knew I couldn’t. Just pray. Don’t leave. Pass out tracts.

The first Muslim man approached me, I handed him a tract --which he did not take. Instead he stopped and said, “Why are you here? Why the hate? Why do you hate us? We all serve the same God --so you are here with a message of hate.”

I stood there praying, asking the Holy Spirit to give me words. How could I answer him after his imam had done such a clever job that even the President of the United States and the Secretary of State had bought this con job.

I just prayed. I prayed and when the Muslim man stopped and a crowd had gathered to see how I would respond; to watch me make a fool of myself..... I began to say, “Jesus commanded us to take the Gospel to everyone and we are here to do this. But I didn’t --I stopped before saying this and I do not know why, but I just began with, “Jesus is God.”

The Muslim man drew back and stared at me. He drew himself up and said, NO. This is THE difference. No. We do NOT worship the same God.”

And that was the answer --”Jesus is God” I repeated -- and the other eleven men began to tell the Muslims before them, “Jesus is God.” We all smiled --and we all just repeated over and over again, “Jesus is God.”

God gave us the words to say --and the words were so simple, yet so profound that the con game ended immediately.

Jesus is God... that’s all any Christian has to tell any Muslim when they ask the trip up statement, “We all worship the same God.”

Jesus is God. That’s all we have to say. Jesus does the rest.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship