Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

God's Amazing Hand

I just wanted to testify and what the Lord has been doing in our life these last few months.

We have been looking to find us a place that was very inexpensive, had land where we could have a garden & raise a few animals with an end goal of getting back to a slower paced lifestyle.

We looked at a 3/1 1970's singlewide on 1.71 acres for $35,000 sometime last year and had moved to the point where all we had to do was sign the papers. The seller, since he was owner financing, began making demands such as cutting no trees, making no changes etc until the note was paid. Well... that would mean that we would basically be renters for the next 10 years. So we felt it best to not go forward and that deal fell through.

We have continued to search and to broaden our search area somewhat and we ran across another home a few months ago. It was a repo held by a bank.

Site built home. Nice shape. 3 acres. Most of an acre already fenced in. 2 acres wooded.

We had actually gone to look at another mobile home that day on 3 acres for $12,000 and, since we were in the area, we might as well mosey over and look at this site built home.

We loved it. Brick fireplace, sunken living area. 3 bedrooms with an area ready to be converted to the 4th.

They wanted $28000, then $27000, then, months later, $24000. So... we offered $10000.

They accepted.

Last night we finished gathering the money through unsecured loans (no mortgage at all... and it is HARD to find a mortgage for $10,000) and we will be closing soon.

Amazing. Everything we wanted for less than we could have ever imagined.

We will be living in 2 places for a while with plans to leave our current location after the school year ends.

God is simply amazing.

Here are a few pictures.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

Re: God's Amazing Hand

And you got ALL this for only $10,000?????? All I can say is WOW! What an awesome God we serve! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 02-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
And you got ALL this for only $10,000?????? All I can say is WOW! What an awesome God we serve! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed we did.

I am still a little blown away by the whole thing.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Mama to four little angels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Indeed we did.

I am still a little blown away by the whole thing.
Me too. lol That's just amazing. I'm so happy for you and your family.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

You most definitely must not live in CA!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Wow! I don't know where you live but I wish real estate had those prices here. We had to move from the county we previously lived in because real estate was just too high. The 2200 square foot house we lived in there on three acres was very simple and pretty old yet appraised for right at $300,000

Congratulations on such a great deal.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
You most definitely must not live in CA!
When in the search for living arrangements that will help one slow their lives down and lower their expenses one generally does not do much searching in CA.

This is in Arkansas. We have wanted to move there for years.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Wow! I don't know where you live but I wish real estate had those prices here. We had to move from the county we previously lived in because real estate was just too high. The 2200 square foot house we lived in there on three acres was very simple and pretty old yet appraised for right at $300,000

Congratulations on such a great deal.
I have a 2200 sq ft house now that will be going up for sale soon for around $79.9k. Corner lot... 100 years old... beautiful wood floors... come on down & it's yours.

But it is in Northern Louisiana.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
I have a 2200 sq ft house now that will be going up for sale soon for around $79.9k. Corner lot... 100 years old... beautiful wood floors... come on down & it's yours.

But it is in Northern Louisiana.
If you are moving from Shreveport to Ark that is a good move!

We had a relative in rural North-Central Louisiana recently sell an old small house and a few acres for around $40-50,000 and they were extremely pleased as they had thought they would only get around $30,000 for it.

If one does not have to rely on finding a good job in the area ,such as when one retires, there are some great real estate bargains in the Deep South.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
If you are moving from Shreveport to Ark that is a good move!

We had a relative in rural North-Central Louisiana recently sell an old small house and a few acres for around $40-50,000 and they were extremely pleased as they had thought they would only get around $30,000 for it.

If one does not have to rely on finding a good job in the area ,such as when one retires, there are some great real estate bargains in the Deep South.
Yes sir.

We are pretty much dead center Northern Lousiana.

On the good job issue... that is exactly where we stand. I bring my job with me. I am employed full time with full benefits and I telecommute.

So I work from home and bring my economy with me.