Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 06-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Tammy, I love your new picture. I'd like to see it bigger
Old 06-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
That will be here before you know it and both of you ladies will be surprised how fast it flies!! I can't believe that Eliza is two. She is such a priss - and talks all the time! Blink your eyes twice and they are grown.
Yes, we better not blink!!!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
It does look great!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
It does look great!!!
Thanks Ladies!! I don't know how to get them on here but there are several of the wedding pics on my facebook if you want to look at them.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
Thanks Ladies!! I don't know how to get them on here but there are several of the wedding pics on my facebook if you want to look at them.
I'll check them on Facebook, Tammy
Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 AM
My Family!

PO - just so you don't feel alone, there's a bit of MIL drama in reverse going on with us.

My DIL's mom is an excellent seamstress and she's suppose to be making the bumper pads, crib skirt and curtains for her daughter's nursery.

On Mother's Day we all went in the nursery and worked together to take measurements and listen to how my DIL wanted them done and her mom wrote it all down.

Well, she still hasn't made anything and finally my DIL asked if she was going to get it done before the baby comes. Her mom admitted that she lost part of the measurement notes - so she went over last night and re-measured.

BUT....here's the real catch. She told my DIL that a lady at Hancock's could do a really good job and maybe she should just let her do it. WHAT? Are you going to pay the lady? If you didn't want to do it - why did you say you would and then keep putting it off?

Good grief - - this is for your daughter and granddaughter - - get in there and start sewing!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
PO - just so you don't feel alone, there's a bit of MIL drama in reverse going on with us.

My DIL's mom is an excellent seamstress and she's suppose to be making the bumper pads, crib skirt and curtains for her daughter's nursery.

On Mother's Day we all went in the nursery and worked together to take measurements and listen to how my DIL wanted them done and her mom wrote it all down.

Well, she still hasn't made anything and finally my DIL asked if she was going to get it done before the baby comes. Her mom admitted that she lost part of the measurement notes - so she went over last night and re-measured.

BUT....here's the real catch. She told my DIL that a lady at Hancock's could do a really good job and maybe she should just let her do it. WHAT? Are you going to pay the lady? If you didn't want to do it - why did you say you would and then keep putting it off?

Good grief - - this is for your daughter and granddaughter - - get in there and start sewing!
Oh good Lord! I hate when someone commits to something and then they don't follow through. I'm sure her daughter would love to have that room ready now or, at least, one month prior to the birth.

Hancock would charge an outrageous price! Their material is high and so is their labor! Gorgeous stuff though, but why pay so much when you won't use it for very long? She would do better to find something elsewhere.

Even though the mother shouldn't have left her hanging, I can relate. I have to totally be in the mood to sew. My daughter called me from Hobby Lobby and said, "I found this blue satin material that you could make a canopy with. I also have a coupon that expires today." That means, she is not wanting me to say no. I just sighed and said, "Well, I can't get to it this week."

I hate being pressed to sew something! After I got the material I saw that it needed to be lined, to look nice, so we decided on the sage green tulle. Which means I had to drive over and pick it up. LOL! Anyway, glad that job is over. I dreaded going into it, and then had fun once I started. I can't imagine what other things she will call be about when her son is growing up. "Mother, I need you to make him a costume", "Mother, I read him Peter Pan and he wants to have this costume", "Can you make this for him", etc. etc. lol

If her mother is like me, I will walk into the sewing room, look at the sewing machine, decide what I need to do, and then leave and do something else. LOL!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:48 AM
My Family!

No - her mom sews all the time. I think that is the problem - she wants to do her "jobs" she already has lined up. She does alterations for weddings.

My DIL said, she'd do it, but her mom, said, no I'll do it. I hope she gets it done soon.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
No - her mom sews all the time. I think that is the problem - she wants to do her "jobs" she already has lined up. She does alterations for weddings.

My DIL said, she'd do it, but her mom, said, no I'll do it. I hope she gets it done soon.
I can understand IF she is on a deadline.

But, I just don't understand why she can't be more considerate to her daughter having her first child and wanting everything done and in place. That is just very disappointing and I wonder at it. The things she is supposed to sew are a piece of cake. It's not as though it would take her over a week.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:04 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I can understand IF she is on a deadline.

But, I just don't understand why she can't be more considerate to her daughter having her first child and wanting everything done and in place. That is just very disappointing and I wonder at it. The things she is supposed to sew are a piece of cake. It's not as though it would take her over a week.
It shouldn't take her a day. She's just really fighting the fact that she's going to be a grandmother. She needs to get over that - nothing she can do about it.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
It shouldn't take her a day. She's just really fighting the fact that she's going to be a grandmother. She needs to get over that - nothing she can do about it.
Oh, is that it? LOL! Well, my grandson is just going to call me "Grandma" and I don't care. He can call me anything he wants. LOL!