Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:47 AM

Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

In doing some research, I came across a reference to a sermon reportedly preached by Loren Yadon in 1994 called Tragedies of War at ministerial conference ... possibly preached at Landmark.

In the sermon, it's said that Yadon encouraged preachers not to sign the AS?

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this sermon?
Anyone there when he preached it?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Re: Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

It is probably buried / quarantined / swept under the rug, etc, etc

You must be talking about his "suicide sermon". The sermon that ended his UPC life!

If copies do exist I would love to get one also.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Cross-examine it!

Daniel, It was landmark that he preached it at. I don't recall him asking people not to sign it. It was actually a call to healing. The Tragedies were all those who would be hurt by those cleaning up the church. It was inherit in what he preached but it was a call to healing not division.

I used to have a copy but cassettes don't last forever.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
In doing some research, I came across a reference to a sermon reportedly preached by Loren Yadon in 1994 called Tragedies of War at ministerial conference ... possibly preached at Landmark.

In the sermon, it's said that Yadon encouraged preachers not to sign the AS.

It was Landmark - I had a cassette of the sermon, not sure if I still do or not. I don't know about Yadon encouraging people not to sign the AS, but he did delve into the Haney history and why the current UPCI's Superintendent's mother wore jewelry (necklace).
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post

In the sermon, it's said that Yadon encouraged preachers not to sign the AS.

I know a relative of his so I can ask her. I have a copy of a sermon he preached called: "The Gifts Our Parents Didn't Know They Gave Us". It was awesome. I'll let you know.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
It was Landmark - I had a cassette of the sermon, not sure if I still do or not. I don't know about Yadon encouraging people not to sign the AS, but he did delve into the Haney history and why the current UPCI's Superintendent's mother wore jewelry (necklace).
An elder of that time told me that he also remembers when sister Price wore a pearl necklace.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Cross-examine it!

Daniel,

The better message that he told me was more an issue than his landmark message was preached on a Wednesday night at CLC. It was a message on grace and living in liberty. The next day in a class on Romans Daniel Segraves told the class if they missed church they needed to get a copy of the message because it was the best message on grace he had heard. I can't recall the title maybe someone else can help me with that.

I do remember one line in there where he said people want the preacher to tell them where to go and where not to go, what to watch what not to watch, etc. He liked to say people of faith don't need a rule book.

Dannie Odle preached a message during the same period in a chapel service title Leave my externals alone, and made reference to some of the stupid things in the manual.

Loren Yadon was sacrificed to hush the UC plain and simple.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Daniel, It was landmark that he preached it at. I don't recall him asking people not to sign it. It was actually a call to healing. The Tragedies were all those who would be hurt by those cleaning up the church. It was inherit in what he preached but it was a call to healing not division.

I used to have a copy but cassettes don't last forever.
I believe there are thousands of tragedies as he describes them ...

people who will not set foot in any type of church because they were taught that you were better off lost than going to a church without "the message".

I know many.

A spiritual holocaust.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

Is this the Yadon that is still in Idaho?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Is this the Yadon that is still in Idaho?
Yes he pastors in Boise, he still remains a prolific teacher/preacher.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.