Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 07-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Rev Cecil Daniels Passed Away

Some of you may not have heard the tragic news of Pastor Daniels freak accident that took his life. He was swinging his grandson and the chain broke and he hit his head on a pipe causing bleeding on the brain.

He pastored in Shreveport, La. His funeral was today.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Re: Rev Cecil Daniels Passed Away

Calvary Pentecostal Church

July 17 ˇ Edited

Of the various publications that come to pastors (From the UPCI) each month, I always read who is preaching our conferences and who has recently passed away. So far my name has appeared on neither list! And while I recognize that my name will never appear on the preaching list of camps or conferences, I know that someday it will most certainly appear in the death column. I also know that being a "good" preacher in the eyes of others is not as important as being a good Christian in the eyes of God. Each week as I prepare sermons and lessons, I am aware of the fact that I am preparing myself, not to preach on a larger stage, but to appear in the presence of God and hear Him say, "Well done!" After all, if He knows our name, it does not matter if anyone else does or not.

-- Cecil Daniels, May 25, 2014

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:07 PM

Willie Cecil Daniels, Jr.

Willie Cecil Daniels, Jr., entered into eternal life on Wednesday, July 16 at age 63. He was born on December 22, 1950 in Natchitoches, Louisiana. Abandoned by his father, his strong Godly mother raised him and his two sisters. He graduated from Natchitoches Central and attended Northwestern State University. Cecil married the love of his life, Laura (Powell), in 1970. In the years of their marriage they served as pastor in Campti, LA and Starkville, MS before coming to Shreveport. In 1980, Cecil and Laura accepted the pastorate of Calvary United Pentecostal Church in Shreveport, LA. From 1992-2007, Pastor Daniels also served as the Louisiana District Sunday School Director and a member of the International Sunday School Department board for those years. Under his leadership, the Sunday School Department across the state of Louisiana flourished with programs including Kids Camp, KidReach (teacher training), SALT, sectional and statewide activities, and the addition of Single Adult Ministry. Pastor Daniels was responsible for the pavilion being built on the campgrounds.

Cecil Daniels was a man among men. Those who did not know might have called him average - average height, average build. What they could not see was the heart that defined his life was bigger than anything even near "average." He had a heart that loved his wife, Laura, to distraction. He had a heart that loved his children, Tim and Andy, beyond measure. Then daughters-in-laws and grandchildren entered the picture and his heart grew even larger than before! Who knew one man could love so much? The thing about Cecil Daniels' heart - the love that he lived and walked in - was that it reached beyond his family to virtually every person he ever met. No one ever loved children like Cecil Daniels. If there was a new baby to pray over, in addition to the prayer, he or she got to spend quite a bit of time in the loving arms of their pastor. Children flocked to him and he always had time for each and every one of them. The Biblical word pictures of Jesus with children sitting on his lap were lived out time and again in restaurants, at church, on the District Campground - wherever Cecil was, if there were children present, they were as close to him as they could get. For the adults in his world, he gave them equal attention. From the weakest to the strongest, the richest to the poorest, Cecil Daniels loved people as he loved God - unconditionally and unreservedly. Some people leave fingerprints on our lives; Cecil Daniels left heartprints.

Pastor Daniels was preceded in death by his mother, Hazel Marie Boylston and his father, Willie Cecil Daniels, Sr.. Cherishing his memory are his wife, Laura Powell Daniels, and his two sons Tim (wife, Misti) and Andy (wife, Glenda), and four grandchildren: Emerson Lane Daniels, BrookLyn Daniels, Rory Rhys Daniels, Anthony William James Daniels. His sisters, Lynn Watley (husband, Bill) and Cheryl Ann Moses mourn the loss of their beloved brother. The Calvary Pentecostal Church family will forever honor the memory of this Godly and righteous man who served them as their Pastor, and lived as their friend. A host of friends will also remember this man who touched their lives with love and kindness beyond measure.

Visitation and funeral service will be Saturday, July 19 at King's Temple Shreveport located at 8951 Kingston Road, Shreveport, LA 71118 . Visitation will be from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm with the homegoing service beginning at 2:00 pm. Pallbearers will be: Nathaniel Havis, Johnathan Christman, Donald Ebarb, Johnny Welch, John Sacker, Todd Andrews, and Daniel Wilson. Honorary Pallbearers include: Leonard Trotta, Greg Clark, Robert Fuller, Vinny Catapano, Jonathan Moses, and Bill Watley. Interment will be at Old Bethel Cemetery near Natchitoches, with D. G. Hargrove officiating.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Calvary Pentecostal Church Building Fund - 6811 Woodworth Road, Shreveport, LA 71129. -

See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/shr....rZg027HR.dpuf

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
Willie Cecil Daniels, Jr.

Willie Cecil Daniels, Jr., entered into eternal life on Wednesday, July 16 at age 63. He was born on December 22, 1950 in Natchitoches, Louisiana. Abandoned by his father, his strong Godly mother raised him and his two sisters. He graduated from Natchitoches Central and attended Northwestern State University. Cecil married the love of his life, Laura (Powell), in 1970. In the years of their marriage they served as pastor in Campti, LA and Starkville, MS before coming to Shreveport. In 1980, Cecil and Laura accepted the pastorate of Calvary United Pentecostal Church in Shreveport, LA. From 1992-2007, Pastor Daniels also served as the Louisiana District Sunday School Director and a member of the International Sunday School Department board for those years. Under his leadership, the Sunday School Department across the state of Louisiana flourished with programs including Kids Camp, KidReach (teacher training), SALT, sectional and statewide activities, and the addition of Single Adult Ministry. Pastor Daniels was responsible for the pavilion being built on the campgrounds.

Cecil Daniels was a man among men. Those who did not know might have called him average - average height, average build. What they could not see was the heart that defined his life was bigger than anything even near "average." He had a heart that loved his wife, Laura, to distraction. He had a heart that loved his children, Tim and Andy, beyond measure. Then daughters-in-laws and grandchildren entered the picture and his heart grew even larger than before! Who knew one man could love so much? The thing about Cecil Daniels' heart - the love that he lived and walked in - was that it reached beyond his family to virtually every person he ever met. No one ever loved children like Cecil Daniels. If there was a new baby to pray over, in addition to the prayer, he or she got to spend quite a bit of time in the loving arms of their pastor. Children flocked to him and he always had time for each and every one of them. The Biblical word pictures of Jesus with children sitting on his lap were lived out time and again in restaurants, at church, on the District Campground - wherever Cecil was, if there were children present, they were as close to him as they could get. For the adults in his world, he gave them equal attention. From the weakest to the strongest, the richest to the poorest, Cecil Daniels loved people as he loved God - unconditionally and unreservedly. Some people leave fingerprints on our lives; Cecil Daniels left heartprints.

Pastor Daniels was preceded in death by his mother, Hazel Marie Boylston and his father, Willie Cecil Daniels, Sr.. Cherishing his memory are his wife, Laura Powell Daniels, and his two sons Tim (wife, Misti) and Andy (wife, Glenda), and four grandchildren: Emerson Lane Daniels, BrookLyn Daniels, Rory Rhys Daniels, Anthony William James Daniels. His sisters, Lynn Watley (husband, Bill) and Cheryl Ann Moses mourn the loss of their beloved brother. The Calvary Pentecostal Church family will forever honor the memory of this Godly and righteous man who served them as their Pastor, and lived as their friend. A host of friends will also remember this man who touched their lives with love and kindness beyond measure.

Visitation and funeral service will be Saturday, July 19 at King's Temple Shreveport located at 8951 Kingston Road, Shreveport, LA 71118 . Visitation will be from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm with the homegoing service beginning at 2:00 pm. Pallbearers will be: Nathaniel Havis, Johnathan Christman, Donald Ebarb, Johnny Welch, John Sacker, Todd Andrews, and Daniel Wilson. Honorary Pallbearers include: Leonard Trotta, Greg Clark, Robert Fuller, Vinny Catapano, Jonathan Moses, and Bill Watley. Interment will be at Old Bethel Cemetery near Natchitoches, with D. G. Hargrove officiating.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Calvary Pentecostal Church Building Fund - 6811 Woodworth Road, Shreveport, LA 71129. -

See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/shr....rZg027HR.dpuf
Very true about the children.

Funny story.
My nephew when he was about two would stand up in the pew and wave at him as he preached. One service he said, pardon me but my buddy is waving at me and I need to wave back.

His Mom said they would be getting ready for church and he would say he wanted to go to church because he knew God would be there. She thought child like faith. Then one Sunday they went to lunch with the pastor and some friends. He went to wash his hands and my nephew wanted to know where God was. They said that God is everywhere. He said no that Gods wife was there so where was God. Finally they understood he believed the pastor was God. His wife said now he would really get the big head. But they were the best of buddies.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Calvary Pentecostal Church

July 17 ˇ Edited

Of the various publications that come to pastors (From the UPCI) each month, I always read who is preaching our conferences and who has recently passed away. So far my name has appeared on neither list! And while I recognize that my name will never appear on the preaching list of camps or conferences, I know that someday it will most certainly appear in the death column. I also know that being a "good" preacher in the eyes of others is not as important as being a good Christian in the eyes of God. Each week as I prepare sermons and lessons, I am aware of the fact that I am preparing myself, not to preach on a larger stage, but to appear in the presence of God and hear Him say, "Well done!" After all, if He knows our name, it does not matter if anyone else does or not.

-- Cecil Daniels, May 25, 2014
My Mom always said that and one day sure enough she saw her name in the obits. Wasn't her of course, but gave her a weird feeling anyway. Lol
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Very true about the children.

Funny story.
My nephew when he was about two would stand up in the pew and wave at him as he preached. One service he said, pardon me but my buddy is waving at me and I need to wave back.

His Mom said they would be getting ready for church and he would say he wanted to go to church because he knew God would be there. She thought child like faith. Then one Sunday they went to lunch with the pastor and some friends. He went to wash his hands and my nephew wanted to know where God was. They said that God is everywhere. He said no that Gods wife was there so where was God. Finally they understood he believed the pastor was God. His wife said now he would really get the big head. But they were the best of buddies.
What a sweet story. Thanks for posting it.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What a sweet story. Thanks for posting it.
Your welcome
Every moment, THANK GOD.