Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 12-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Trump's first year

In 2017:

1.7 million new jobs.

The lowest unemployment rate in 17 years.

Stocks hit record highs 60+ times and 24,000 for the first time in history.

For every 1 new regulation imposed, 2 have been removed.

Lowest illegal border crossings ever on record.

Approval of the Keystone Pipeline and others.

ISIS has been decimated in Iraq and Syria, plus.

Most significant tax relief in history, including the repeal of the ObamaCare mandate.

Not that everything is hunky-dory in all areas, but if anyone was wondering if having a successful businessman in the White House is a good idea, I'm thinking this answers that question.

Last edited by Originalist; 12-20-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: TRump's first year

1.7 million new jobs, but no good paying jobs.

We finally have recovered most of the jobs that were lost in the Great Recession. Politicians and public-policy makers are celebrating the fact that unemployment is under 5%.

However, the Great Recession primarily wiped out the mid-wage jobs, and the strongest growth during the recovery has been in low-wage jobs.

The National Employment Law Project found in 2012 that 58% of the recovered jobs were in low-wage occupations, with median hourly wages from $7.69 to $13.83 an hour. Mid-wage occupations, with median hourly wages from to $13.84 an hour to $21.13 per hour, were the big losers—60% of all jobs lost in the recession. The higher wage jobs, from $21.14 to $54.55 per hour, lost 19% during the recession, but have recovered 20% and are doing well. In essence the poor economy has replaced good jobs with bad ones.

http://www.industryweek.com/public-p...ying-jobs-gone
Old 12-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Re: TRump's first year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
1.7 million new jobs, but no good paying jobs.

We finally have recovered most of the jobs that were lost in the Great Recession. Politicians and public-policy makers are celebrating the fact that unemployment is under 5%.

However, the Great Recession primarily wiped out the mid-wage jobs, and the strongest growth during the recovery has been in low-wage jobs.

The National Employment Law Project found in 2012 that 58% of the recovered jobs were in low-wage occupations, with median hourly wages from $7.69 to $13.83 an hour. Mid-wage occupations, with median hourly wages from to $13.84 an hour to $21.13 per hour, were the big losers—60% of all jobs lost in the recession. The higher wage jobs, from $21.14 to $54.55 per hour, lost 19% during the recession, but have recovered 20% and are doing well. In essence the poor economy has replaced good jobs with bad ones.

http://www.industryweek.com/public-p...ying-jobs-gone
Economic surveys and indicators point to good paying factory jobs and a rise in wages (which has already begun) due to Trump's tax cut. The stats you cite are from the Obama non-recovery that Trump is correcting.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:18 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Trump's first year

That is the most recent data I have been able to find.

My sister lost a good paying job doing loan modifications as few years ago, and has not been able to find a job paying more than $12/hr since. Several other friends have had a similar experience.

At my company we are seeing many middle income jobs being out sourced, accounting for instance.

And many sales jobs are being replaced by automation, Walmart for example.

I'm not sure what kind of factory jobs would be available for these people in Florida.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Trump's doing well. In fact, I'd likely vote for him in 2020 if this administration continues its good work.

If the media would stop with the 90% negative news against him, and start reporting the successes and good things the administration is doing, Trump's approval would be much higher. Bigly!
Old 12-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That is the most recent data I have been able to find.

My sister lost a good paying job doing loan modifications as few years ago, and has not been able to find a job paying more than $12/hr since. Several other friends have had a similar experience.

At my company we are seeing many middle income jobs being out sourced, accounting for instance.

And many sales jobs are being replaced by automation, Walmart for example.

I'm not sure what kind of factory jobs would be available for these people in Florida.
I hope fast food joints go full kiosk. I'm sick of these people demanding 15 dollars an hour. That's what I made as a social worker with a bach degree required.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Covenant Apostolic

The good news for you brother is that one of the jobs that can't be automated is clergy.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The good news for you brother is that one of the jobs that can't be automated is clergy.
If you were a business owner, you might think differently.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:39 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
LOL, just for kicks I searched for 'robot pastor' on Google and found this.

Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

http://about.att.com/story/att_tax_reform.html

ATT bonuses for employees.