Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-16-2018, 08:16 AM
Banned

Re: Gabe The Street Preacher

Quote:
I have worked with Apostolics over the years. I can say that the last place I worked at before I retired I never personally saw ONE Apostolic believer witnessing to the lost.

Very few have led someone to salvation, which I cannot grasp.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Paul, the "pestilent fellow" was considered quite obnoxious also, huh?

For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:
Now THERE was an "Apostolic"!
Old 01-16-2018, 11:49 AM
Banned

What Paul needed was to learn to use more "tact"....LOL

Howbout when James, etc., talked Paul into using "tact".....

18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present.

19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.

20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

22 What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come.

23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;

24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

27 And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him,

28 Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

29 (For they had seen before with him in the city Trophimus an Ephesian, whom they supposed that Paul had brought into the temple.)

30 And all the city was moved, and the people ran together: and they took Paul, and drew him out of the temple: and forthwith the doors were shut.

31 And as they went about to kill him,.....
Old 01-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
I have worked with Apostolics over the years. I can say that the last place I worked at before I retired I never personally saw ONE Apostolic believer witnessing to the lost.
Did you do your part?
Old 01-16-2018, 04:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Paul, the "pestilent fellow" was considered quite obnoxious also, huh?

For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:
The Apostle Paul isn’t what anyone would call obnoxious.
But if Satan was on this forum posting against me, you would take his side.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Did you do your part?
Mike does, he street preaches and uses other mediums to reach people.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
But if Satan was on this forum posting against me, you would take his side.
Oh c'mon.

I don't agree with Gabe's style, but I dont have the authority from God to knock it.

Paul was not well spoke of by the opposition, right?

Did they vow to never eat until they killed Paul?

Is Gabe causing that much controversy?

At least he is stirring the pot a little, which is more than most of us saints are doing.

I actually am kinda proud of his zeal.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:

I just wonder what the Jews that opposed Paul were saying about him behind closed doors....

28 Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.......

And when it was day, certain of the Jews banded together, and bound themselves under a curse, saying that they would neither eat nor drink till they had killed Paul.

....since their friends starved to death.

Last edited by Sean; 01-16-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Oh yes, far better to allow someone to go to Hell than to offend them right? And the last time I heard "Apostolics" are not considered "Protestants" at least not by themselves.

Just could be the person will NEVER hear an Apostolic Gospel message. With people like yourself discouraging preaching on the streets that is quite possible.

I mean after all when I was a sinner I never heard of an Apostolic Church.

Now this is just me personally speaking. I cannot think of an Apostolic witnessing on the street since 1980.

My guess is their Preachers tell them if you are clean shaven or if a female you wear a dress and dont trim THAT STANDARD is their witness!

Why is that? They dont want to offend anyone? Oh yes, better that they would be cast into the burning lake of fire on judgment day than we might offend someone!
I read stuff like this and I think to myself "The Mandela Effect might be real?" because the way some of you guys describe oneness pentecostals just doesn't match my experiences at all.

The only people I've ever seen witnessing in ANY "non online" venue or situation have been either Baptists, trinity Pentecostals, or oneness Pentecostals. And an occasional one-man last day end time prophet of God Elijah redux character. Oh, and Mormons and JWs.

There are however problems in all three camps.

Baptists and trinity Pentecostals want a "decision" made on the spot ("just hurry up and say this prayer with me") that they can count as a "conversion". Probably half the people who respond to that approach do so to get the person out of their way or off their doorstep.

Oneness Pentecostals have a penchant for "inviting to visit church" as a means of witnessing so the pastor and music team/choir can do the evangelising. Although many do witness via other methods, a lot of churches emphasize "winning the lost" by means of "invite people to come to church". Thus people are willing and prepared to invite people to church, but are often not equipped to actually explain the gospel and answer objections when one on one.

Another issue with oneness Pentecostals is too many churches are female-centric. The men aren't really doing much, and don't want to do much because Christianity is presented to them in an effeminised form (emphasis on muh feelz and Jesus is our boyfriend approaches, etc. So they feel awkward and just sort of enjoy the services but let the women do most of the work.

Of course, I'm generalizing a bit, but I've seen it in too many places to not notice the trend.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-16-2018, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Oneness Pentecostals have a penchant for "inviting to visit church" as a means of witnessing so the pastor and music team/choir can do the evangelising. Although many do witness via other methods, a lot of churches emphasize "winning the lost" by means of "invite people to come to church". Thus people are willing and prepared to invite people to church, but are often not equipped to actually explain the gospel and answer objections when one on one.
Yes.
Quote:
Another issue with oneness Pentecostals is too many churches are female-centric. The men aren't really doing much, and don't want to do much because Christianity is presented to them in an effeminised form (emphasis on muh feelz and Jesus is our boyfriend approaches, etc. So they feel awkward and just sort of enjoy the services but let the women do most of the work.
Well its true women have basically taken the leadership. I have no idea what "muh feelz" means.

Jesus is my boyfriend? Is that anything like he is the Bridegroom and his people are the Bride?

But I have heard a few songs along the way that I think push that wonderful truth over the edge. I guess Im not in Churches enough or listen to different kinds of music enough to see that taking over.

Im all for the truth of the Bride and Bridegroom as from Song Of Solomon so long as it does not cancel out the truth that we (including the women) are WARRIORS.