Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 PM

Re: Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophil View Post
This is over the line and uncalled for. I am surprised at you Dan. Please apologize, by pm to the injured party.
No one called her a backslider but rather if you read context of our tiff ... Theo .. .that's what most of the very men who disfellowshipped LY would consider Mizpeh ... knowing she does not "practice" holiness standards ...

They would consider her an backslidden Apostolic sympathizer.

I will say that she has now overstepped her bounds accusing that I am demonically oppressed as now 2 of her posts assert.

What Mizpeh has done is cloud a discussion ... making herself a victim because someone thinks her view is heretical ...

Simply put she thinks Trinitarianism is heretical ... false doctrine ... yet, would probably never go as far as saying so ...

She believes one step doctrine is heretical ... or false teaching ... but she would probably not use the term ... because it's a bogeyman in her mind.

But that's what heretical means ... false doctrine ...

She equates heretical doctrine ... with ... gasp ... being a heretic ...

but has no problems turning around ... and leveling insults ... and villifying a brother in Christ with the aspersion of a "wolf in sheep's clothing" and categorically seeking to justify using Scripture to label me as demonically oppressed and influenced. ....

This continues to be false witness sugar coated in "spirituality" and of course said in all "humility".

It is the irony of the irony she seeks to "expose".

I await her public apology.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Dan, I didn't say you were demonically oppressed, either. Please get it straight. Anyone can be influenced by the devil. Even the apostle Peter. Even Job's wife.

I also didn't say you were a wolf in sheep's clothing. I asked if you were a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I see you doing to the body of Christ what Westburg and his buddies did to it (not saying the UPC is the complete body of Christ) attempting to divide it and not unite it. And I believe a demonic spirit is behind any attempt to divide the church.

What have I said that deserves a public apology?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
I didn't mean it as a trait or an attitude but just as I wrote it...a literal demonic spirit. And let me clarify...I'm not saying that Dan is possessed.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood....there are powers of darkness that seek to destroy the church and they haven't changed their tactics over the thousands of years since Adam and Eve sinned in the garden. There are spirits that cause division. 1 Cor 3:1-4, James 3:13-18
Thanks for the clarification!! Daniel may have been right - I may have jumped the gun on that one and it wasn't about when our sins are remitted! LOL!

I do agree with you though - it's a huge feeling of divisiveness. Not a good thing at all!
Old 02-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Okay, I remember reading this thread and also remembering I didn't participate because we already went over all of this on NFCF.

So, to recap what I believe - Your sins are forgiven at repentance and remitted at Baptism. You must be filled with the Holy Ghost, evidence of speaking in tongues, as the Spirit of God gives the utterance to be one of His.

Therefore, obeying Acts 2:38 is the plan of salvation which we can forfeit if we follow not after the Spirit which will enable/empower us to crucify the flesh daily.

I also agree with Mizpeh on the above thread link - many serious Bible Scholars are Cessationists.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Okay, I remember reading this thread and also remembering I didn't participate because we already went over all of this on NFCF.

So, to recap what I believe - Your sins are forgiven at repentance and remitted at Baptism. You must be filled with the Holy Ghost, evidence of speaking in tongues, as the Spirit of God gives the utterance to be one of His.

Therefore, obeying Acts 2:38 is the plan of salvation which we can forfeit if we follow not after the Spirit which will enable/empower us to crucify the flesh daily.

I also agree with Mizpeh on the above thread link - many serious Bible Scholars are Cessationists.
We believe a little bit different about forgiveness/remission, PO, but that's okay.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
We believe a little bit different about forgiveness/remission, PO, but that's okay.
I was studying this scripture (Eph 1:7) this morning and was caught by "...redemption through his blood....."

I'm still looking at that and probably could go more your way that the remission of sins is found when the blood is applied at baptism.

I was torn between when forgiveness and remission take place, but kept getting caught with the above - which is also recorded in Col. 1:14.

It was interesting, though, to read in Romans 8:23 - "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

When you read in Romans 8:9 that without God's Spirit you are none of His AND that we wait for the redemption of our bodies - it appears that our redemption is fully complete when we are adopted. Does our adoption take place at the resurrection or when His Spirit resides in us?

When you study forgiveness, sanctification, redemption, sins, conversion, adoption, it never appears to be a complete package until He takes us home. All of these word studies lead me back to Acts 2:38 - not even making that complete until He calls us home.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

IMO, the new birth is complete by obeying Acts 2:38 but the new birth is not salvation. Salvation and justification are processes we go through until we are handed that crown of life. Here's a short video by a Reformed Evangelical that describes salvation. I would disagree with him when he says justification is a one time event because the Bible speaks of it in past, present, and future tenses as well. Gal 2:17, Rom 5:1, Rom 5:9, 1 Cor 6:11, Titus 3:7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dxcTkqrriM

Old 02-22-2009, 08:39 PM
ModeratelyConservativePro gresv

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
I've seen much the same in my own experiences but with different names on different faces. The one thing they have in common is that "system."
Yes, I agree. It's a systemic problem, imo. Hence, my decision to leave. But I still mourn a little over the loss and wish it could be different.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
ModeratelyConservativePro gresv

Quote:
IMO, the new birth is complete by obeying Acts 2:38 but the new birth is not salvation. Salvation and justification are processes we go through until we are handed that crown of life. Here's a short video by a Reformed Evangelical that describes salvation. I would disagree with him when he says justification is a one time event because the Bible speaks of it in past, present, and future tenses as well. Gal 2:17, Rom 5:1, Rom 5:9, 1 Cor 6:11, Titus 3:7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dxcTkqrriM
You know Miz, for a woman you sure know you're theology. (hehe, i enjoy being a chauvanistic sexist pig every once in awhile. . love ya and admire ya. )
Old 02-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocuous View Post
You know Miz, for a woman you sure know you're theology. (hehe, i enjoy being a chauvanistic sexist pig every once in awhile. . love ya and admire ya. )
Hmmm, I guess that is a compliment?