Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Cross-examine it!

Re: Even Jesus couldn't heal everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Jesus didn't claim to be powerless. His humanity was powerless, but He was God also. It's difficult for us to understand how He could be powerless and all powerful at the same time.

Jesus healed people. Jesus is God. Only God can heal, therefore, Jesus wasn't instituting His own will when people came asking for healing. He is the healer!

Jesus, in the verses above, is speaking as a man...a human. As God, He commanded sickness to leave and the dead to rise. He didn't do those things by the will of the Father, He did those things because He is God!

That's what I was referring to.
Your Christology has Jesus constantly bouncing between a man and God. If, as Paul states in Philipians 2, Christ took on humity, with all its limitations then He spoke truly when He said he relied on the Father for the things he said and did.

International Standard Version (©2008) Phil. 2:7
Instead, poured out in emptiness, a servant's form did he possess, a mortal man becoming. In human form he chose to be,
Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Your Christology has Jesus constantly bouncing between a man and God. If, as Paul states in Philipians 2, Christ took on humity, with all its limitations then He spoke truly when He said he relied on the Father for the things he said and did.

Instead, poured out in emptiness, a servant's form did he possess, a mortal man becoming. In human form he chose to be,
BAM ------ Paul in speaking "the Father and GOD of our Lord Jesus Christ.. and then always refers to Jesus as "the man Christ Jesus"

You CANNOT have a GOD of a GOD... but you can have the GOD of a man and that GOD dwelling completely in that tabernacle of flesh, called Jesus or more properly Yeshuah
Old 06-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:

Wrong. My Christology has Him being both man and God at the same time at all times while on earth.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Wrong. My Christology has Him being both man and God at the same time at all times while on earth.
When you say that Jesus did this as a man and this as God, that's not the same as being both God and man at the same time at all times. Those are not consistent statements.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
When you say that Jesus did this as a man and this as God, that's not the same as being both God and man at the same time at all times. Those are not consistent statements.
With God, all things are possible.

That's scripture. To me, it's simple.

To put it in perspective, I'm both a nurse and a mom. I can do my duties as a nurse and still be a mom. Right now, sitting at home behind my computer, I'm still a nurse and a mom.

When Jesus did things as a man, like pray, He wasn't any less God than when He was raising the dead. He was still God when He was praying.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
With God, all things are possible.

That's scripture. To me, it's simple.

To put it in perspective, I'm both a nurse and a mom. I can do my duties as a nurse and still be a mom. Right now, sitting at home behind my computer, I'm still a nurse and a mom.

When Jesus did things as a man, like pray, He wasn't any less God than when He was raising the dead. He was still God when He was praying.

Hope this helps.
First saying it’s Scripture doesn't make it so.

Second your analogy is irrelevant to the discussion Jesus was a son and a grandson, maybe even an uncle, but that says nothing about the relationship of Deity and humanity. If we take what Jesus said to be the truth then he didn't raise anyone from the dead. He relied on the Father to raise them from the dead. he prayed because he was a man. Jesus said everything he did and said came from the Father he did not operate on His own initiative.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:

Second your analogy is irrelevant to the discussion Jesus was a son and a grandson, maybe even an uncle, but that says nothing about the relationship of Deity and humanity. If we take what Jesus said to be the truth then he didn't raise anyone from the dead. He relied on the Father to raise them from the dead. he prayed because he was a man. Jesus said everything he did and said came from the Father he did not operate on His own initiative.
Brother MAN you are PREACHING now... perfect Christology... Why people are so determined to make the MAN CHRIST JESUS GOD and then scream they are ONENESS... is absurd.. if you make JESUS GOD.... and he has a GOD.. which he confesses that he does.. you now have TWO GODS....

There is only ONE GOD and one MAN CHRIST JESUS... which is whom the fulness of God chooses to dwell

Jesus words....... And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

In the writings of Paul he always refers to Jesus as THE SON OF OUR GOD AND FATHER --- never as GOD HIMSELF
Old 06-02-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Then here's the proof for you.

Mt 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Quote:
Do you believe that Jesus was God? Do you think that when He raised people from the dead that He really wasn't raising them from the dead?

I agree with your assessment, however, that's not what's people spoken of in your accusation that I bounce Jesus back and forth between deity and humanity. He was both at all times simultaneously.

People worshipped Jesus and NOT ONCE did He tell them to stop because He was just a man, or that they should only worship God. He was God, even though He was also a man.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Brother MAN you are PREACHING now... perfect Christology... Why people are so determined to make the MAN CHRIST JESUS GOD and then scream they are ONENESS... is absurd.. if you make JESUS GOD.... and he has a GOD.. which he confesses that he does.. you now have TWO GODS....

There is only ONE GOD and one MAN CHRIST JESUS... which is whom the fulness of God chooses to dwell

Jesus words....... And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

In the writings of Paul he always refers to Jesus as THE SON OF OUR GOD AND FATHER --- never as GOD HIMSELF
And here you have it. Vaughn doesn't believe that Jesus was God while on earth, because if He was, then He also had a God, making two Gods.

Baron, I hope you realize what this guy is saying and he thinks you agree with him. I hope he's wrong in that.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
And here you have it. Vaughn doesn't believe that Jesus was God while on earth, because if He was, then He also had a God, making two Gods.

Baron, I hope you realize what this guy is saying and he thinks you agree with him. I hope he's wrong in that.
Vaughn believes exactly what scripture says that he "GOD was IN CHRIST" not that "GOD was in GOD"

again the words of our great Apostle Paul , "the MAN Christ Jesus"

He was not FULLY GOD.. he was FULLY MAN with the FULNESS OF GOD IN HIM"

BUt you see God forsook him at calvary and there he was,, what he always was a man....

ano NO IT WAS NOT THE MAN CHRIST JESUS that raised Lazarus from the dead or else THAT SAME MAN would have healed Lazarus "before the time" ... but he had NO POWER that was not GIVEN TO HIM by his Father

I find it Ironic that an ALL KNOWING GOD would not even know when he was coming back to earth and admits to the same.....

He was the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD,, full of power (granted unto him by GOD)....

A GOD needs NO ONE to GRANT him Power.. and yet he tells us "all power has been GIVEN unto me"

He was fully man.. with the FULNESS of GOD dwelling inside of him

While he was in a manger.. the angels gave glory to God who was still "in the highest" not in a manger

No MARY when you kissed the face of Jesus you DID NOT kiss the face of God... if so then the catholics can rightly call her "the mother of God"