Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
fast, grow, hair

Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Holiness Is Still Right.

Re: Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicBelle View Post
Hey guys, um, I'm new to bein Apostolic, I've been in different churches all my life, been saved almost four years but just got in an Apostolic church. I've never been in a church that enforced not cuttin your hair till recently. So, does anybody have any ideas on growing hair out fast? Mine grows SUPER slow
Sweetheart, let your hair grow naturally, if you want your hair grow out. I would never tell you to disobey the standards of your local church, but just be aware that not all of us (Apostolics) believe in the uncut hair doctrine, and even those that do wouldn't tell you that because your hair is short now that that is a problem. If you want to grow your hair out in obedience to your pastor I pray the Lord blesses your decision. Just grow it normally, God will honor it. What you should focus more on is living a life above sin, falling in love with Jesus Christ, developing a relationship with him and a strong prayer life, as well as loving others and witnessing to the lost. I pray God's blessings on your life.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Y'all.

Dan or Ed or the ghost of Jim Yohe is laughing his rear off right now!

Stop it!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

Um... sorry, but what is DA?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
She's too pretty to be DA.
He's a master of disguise!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

What is DA?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Administrator

ApostolicBelle,

Here are some tips on taking good care of your hair:

*Don't brush your hair while it's wet
*Don't use lots of heat on your hair--let it air dry after you shampoo, and don't use flatirons/curling irons, etc.
*Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner that's appropriate for your hair type, and follow up with some sort of leave in treatment for the ends of your hair. My girls and I like BioSilk Silk Therapy hair serum or Organix coconut milk split ends mender.
*If you curl your hair and then have tangles that result, don't try to brush out the tangles. Shampoo your hair and then use conditioner to work out the tangles.
*Take a multi-vitamin. You might also try vitamins that are specified for the health of skin, hair and nails.

That said, there's no need to grow your hair out "fast." Just keep it clean and cared for and you will be just fine.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Administrator

If someone is trying to stir the pot, so be it. However, if NOT, some of you guys ought to really consider the impact of your posts.

Is the goal here to discourage new Christians? Yes, we have diverse views, but why would ANYONE want to stop someone from abiding by the rules of their local church and respecting the teachings of their leaders?

ApostolicBelle did NOT ask what you guys think about whether or not she should cut her hair; she asked for tips on how to grow out her hair.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Seems somebody probably bored and wants to liven up the forum.

If not however, I would rest assured that God cares not how long a woman's hair grows. This obsession with equating length with godliness is troubling. I've seen before where new Christians feel like second class Christians until their hair grows to an "acceptable" length. Anyone who pressures new Christian women in this way is guilty of heresy (pun intended).

I would never discourage this young lady from listening to her pastor. However, I would be surprised if the length=godliness pressure is coming from him.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Y'all.

Dan or Ed or the ghost of Jim Yohe is laughing his rear off right now!

Stop it!

Deacon, I hope you're right! It would be sad that Christianity, preachers, pastors, .... whomever .... would make a young convert, (if this is the case), to be more concerned about the hair, than "weightier matters."

BT

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Ya'll, I don't know an of the people ya'll are talkin about. And I'm not tryin to stir the pot... It was an honest question and I didn't expect people to be obnoxious about the way they answered (since this is called Apostolic Friends Forum) SO, please, if you're goin to comment on it, just please give me ADVICE, not say I'm "some person" or that I'm "stirrin the pot" I'm sorry, and thank you. And thank you to everyone who DID give me advice about growing it out AND livin for God