Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Not riding the train

Re: The Power of the Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
The primary purpose of the power of the Cross is to no longer live after the flesh, but empower us to overcome carnality and allow the Spirit of God to flow through us more powerfully.
It's interesting that everywhere the Gospel was preached, healing took place. Matthew 4:23; Matthew 9:35; Luke 9:6; Luke 9:11; I Corinthians 12:9 (healing part of the NT Covenant spiritual gifts).
Old 11-07-2018, 01:36 PM
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
It's interesting that everywhere the Gospel was preached, healing took place. Matthew 4:23; Matthew 9:35; Luke 9:6; Luke 9:11; I Corinthians 12:9 (healing part of the NT Covenant spiritual gifts).
Old 11-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
The primary purpose of the power of the Cross is to no longer live after the flesh, but empower us to overcome carnality and allow the Spirit of God to flow through us more powerfully.
"Same with healing. Before you are even sick, as far as healing is concerned, CONSIDER IT DONE. God took care of your death and judgment on the cross. But He also took care of your diseases and sicknesses. YOU WERE HEALED before you even got sick!"

Did you change your opinion on this?
Old 11-07-2018, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

"Same with healing. Before you are even sick, as far as healing is concerned, CONSIDER IT DONE. God took care of your death and judgment on the cross. But He also took care of your diseases and sicknesses. YOU WERE HEALED before you even got sick!"

Did you change your opinion on this?
I believe in healing, but more vital than that is overcoming a life after the flesh.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I believe in healing, but more vital than that is overcoming a life after the flesh.
The Comforter came for all of these things. The gifts are, or should be, a prevalent part of the NT church.

I am not sure I believe in one being more vital than the other. I believe they are part and parcel.

After all, Jesus set an example - He preached the Kingdom, He healed - every single day.

Anyway, I'll think about it some more. Glad to see you popping in for a post o two!
Old 11-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Happily "off the chain"

Mark 6:4-6

4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
I used to think the lack of miracles and healings was due to the general lack of faith, that created an "atmosphere" of unbelief and which prevented Jesus from getting much done.

But, it seems more like the general lack of faith resulted in lots of people not going to Jesus for healing. That's why only a few got healed: they were the only ones who came to Jesus for healing.

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 11-07-2018, 11:51 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I was healed one time. I was sick for a couple of weeks. I went through the prayer line. The pastor ansd evangelist Sim prayed over me. 2 or 3 days passed before I realized that I was healed.

Tonight a missionary couple was with us. The man preached that if people believe that God will heal them right now, He will. Several people claimed to be healed of something. I don’t know how suddenly there’s so many with physical issues- I was thinking. I remained in my seat.

After service my friend asked why I didn’t go up for prayer. I have a cold or something that is lingering. I replied that I’m a skeptic. Everyone I know that prayed for healing prayed for a long time....
Old 11-07-2018, 11:56 PM
Happily "off the chain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

I was healed one time. I was sick for a couple of weeks. I went through the prayer line. The pastor ansd evangelist Sim prayed over me. 2 or 3 days passed before I realized that I was healed.

Tonight a missionary couple was with us. The man preached that if people believe that God will heal them right now, He will. Several people claimed to be healed of something. I donít know how suddenly thereís so many with physical issues- I was thinking. I remained in my seat.

After service my friend asked why I didnít go up for prayer. I have a cold or something that is lingering. I replied that Iím a skeptic. Everyone I know that prayed for healing prayed for a long time....
Megadose on vitamin c (2-4 grams per hour every hour, your bowels will tell you when you reach the limit. Repeat daily at just under that limit and you should clear up.)

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 11-08-2018, 12:01 AM

The one thing I don’t have.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:05 AM

Foud some. Took 1g. Have 5.5g left,