Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Re: T. Wynn Drost fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
And yur playing right into the gutter on this by implying something, the fact that they havent pulled his license proves its nothing more than politics but they didnt say that, leaving him open to all kinds of questions from moral turpitude on up,the upc will be the giant losers on this,especially when canada gets wind of this vid.
I didn't imply anything. I'm pointing out that Drost's withholding of the reasons for his requested resignation is significant, coupled with the GMB doing the same thing.

I'm not drawing firm conclusions either way, but I'm not going to paint DKB and the GMB in a terrible light when in fact they may have good reasons that they don't want to make public. Remember: Drost has sons in the organization. It is quite possible that they are being protected with certain information being withheld.

It's never smart to jump to quick conclusions. Wait until all the information is out. You should really try to rein in your temper and talk nicely even when people don't agree with you.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 11-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I didn't imply anything. I'm pointing out that Drost's withholding of the reasons for his requested resignation is significant, coupled with the GMB doing the same thing.

I'm not drawing firm conclusions either way, but I'm not going to paint DKB and the GMB in a terrible light when in fact they may have good reasons that they don't want to make public. Remember: Drost has sons in the organization. It is quite possible that they are being protected with certain information being withheld.

It's never smart to jump to quick conclusions. Wait until all the information is out. You should really try to rein in your temper and talk nicely even when people don't agree with you.
oh ya i got a real temper dont hurt yourself gettin down off your high and mighty horse !
Old 11-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Seems to me that many years ago Bill Drost received the left foot of disfellowship from the UPC because he was a one-stepper.

I don't remember what all happened and I may be mistaken.

Could this current political squabble be the old one-step versus three-step thing?
yep use em
and toss em
Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
drost could have avoided the split in mexico and losing his pension by keeping his word and resigning. simple case of power madness.
ah except he tried and the board refused to accept his resignation ,could he have quit anyway ya sure but why should he ? and when your responsible for anyone making it into the kingdom let alone hundreds of thousands maybe millions let me know shallow one !
Old 11-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
It's obvious why the letters were sent to the board members in Mexico. The leaders all pulled out and the UPC was trying to keep unity. They (in Mexico) clearly don't want him in charge
they ? how many is they ? pleaaaase !
Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Okay, there is an 'elephant in the room' that no one is addressing, so I will...

You are SO strenuously defending Bro. Drost, to the point of almost calling Bro. Bernard a liar...

Inquiring minds want to know, why?

Are you kin? Was he once your pastor...long time friend...school chum...fishing buddy...? What's up?
I have had personal contact with parties involved. Can they all be lying and Drost just be a victim?

Last edited by Originalist; 11-16-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
simple his whole family has stayed in our home as ministry (my late dad was upc,his peers would have been Bro Urshan Bro Becton etc.) mother, father all his brothers ,i played with his brother ( my age ) as young man,(yes i guess im approaching older than dirt) i know them well, he has a sterling reputation,if you ask anyone in Canada they will give you the same and in a lot of other areas of this country BTW i didnt call anyone a liar i said listen and watch the vid the facts are there to be seen ! let the chips fall where they may.I also think highly of Bro Bernard, but this wasnt handled properly. Dont send the letter no one knows outside of the ministry ,now the whole world knows. Totally unneeded ! RESTORE HIS PENSION AND RETURN THE MONIES FOR THE CAR AND APPLIANCES AND MOVE ON, ITS THE LEAST THEY CAN DO !
Doesn't he have an ex-wife somewhere up there?
". . . as I suspect was true for those teaching Scriptures, I found that my students often felt they knew the Constitution without having really read it. They were accustomed to picking out phrases that they'd heard and using them to bolster their immediate arguments, or ignoring passages that seemed to contradict their views." Barack Obama in "The Audacity of Hope"
Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnman View Post
Sort of wondered same Sam. But don't you think he would go ahead and state his case if it where doctrine issues? Can't think why he would keep that under wraps.
Well, with the Fundamental Doctrine Statement both one-step and three-step ministers would be legal, but, maybe it was causing a problem or confusion in the work in Mexico.

Didn't TFT play the old "one-step vs. three-step" card years ago and get the job of Foreign Missions Czar by proclaiming in feigned righteous indignation, "We have missionaries that don't even preach the plan of salvation"? or something like that.

Last edited by Sam; 11-16-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Again I would never have known about this without that video being put on first. The Letter that was posted here later came after as did Bernards response.

If Drost just wanted to address the Missionaries he should have sent them a letter not posted a youtube video
incorrect prax did you listen to it at all ? this vid is ONE week old !! PS HE DOESNT HAVE A MAILING LIST FOR ALL THE MISSIONARIES WORLDWIDE GEEPERS WAKE UP !!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanas View Post
Doesn't he have an ex-wife somewhere up there?
OH PLEASE ! She left, he didn't divorce her ! He tried everything to get her to change her mind ! May be she thought she was going to be living in St Louis in Howells place, not mexico city who knows ? Maybe she just couldnt handle Mexico City, that life aint for eveyone. Admittedly that was probably a little soon for him to be getting remarried after his first wife passed, a princess of a woman if there ever was one ! No one could fill her shoes !

Last edited by canam; 11-16-2012 at 01:45 PM.