Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Don't ask.

Re: Miracle at Impact Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
personally i have seen more moves of the Spirit in a trinity pentacostal church of God than i have in the Upci.

For it is the same Spirit in both assemblies.

No man has the power to Heal
Not true. EMTs and others resuscitate stopped hearts all the time.

Quote:
only God does, and he is not bound by any denomination
Can God raise my brother? He's been dead for over nine years.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Go Dodgers!

It would be cause for concern...would someone suddenly jump up and be running across the platform after the fact? I've seen people faint for various reasons like dehydration and they are always taken away to the hospital

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post

yep. and on the last day he will raise the dead in Christ.

along with my dead brother.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:

Yes, he can raise your brother.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
yep. and on the last day he will raise the dead in Christ.

along with my dead brother.
I'm pretty sure you know that's not what I meant.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Yes, he can raise your brother.
Think he will? (And I don't mean "on the last day".)

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
It is wonderful that God touched him and he recovered from whatever happened. I just wonder why Pentecostal folks are so enamored with the supernatural that they seem to always make situations the extreme of what it could possibly be.

It is a great story of God's touch with it just being that he was unconscious and was healed. That is not good enough for a lot of people though and by the time this gets told a few times it will be a four doctors, ten nurses, an undertaker, and EMT crew all declaring him dead for an hour.

In any case I am glad he is fine.
I agree with CC1, it is awesome that God touched his body and he went on to worship God for that healing. I do believe in miracles, but why state he was "dead".

When I was 15, I was singing the lead w/our church choir in a special anniv service. At the end of the second pew was an elderly man in a wheel chair. I watched him turn grey, slump over and in my mind all I could think was "Oh My, he is dying in front of me...don't lose it...keep singing" and fortunately some saw the same thing, my dad calmly stepped up to him along w/a few other ministers and prayed for him. The man revived, color came back and service went on.

I've seen things like this happen before, I know God to be a healer and a miracle worker...and more than likely Bro Arnold was very sick and possibly dying...that is enough to be thankful that God has touched his body.

My father was really sick in his last 4 years of life while on dialysis, and I can't count the times he passed out, went grey, and we thought we had lost him..no pulse either...only to start CPR or call the EMTs...and see him come back around, sit back up and continue to live.

I don't claim to be a medical expert, but really, we might think someone is dead, but until you are declared dead by medical professional who had tried to do CPR... you really aren't "dead". See... I am agreeing w/Steve on this one!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
I believe the "greater works" he referenced was the spreading and reception of the gospel to all people. Even the Gentile "dogs" were made fellow believers and received the same hope of eternal life as the chosen people. That's not to say this occurred without miracles and healing demonstration. God often has used those things to accomplish the most vital, and greater objective of spreading the good news of salvation.
wonder why I am agreeing with you today.. LOL

I used to hope for the day that I would see such great signs and wonders that were even greater than those performed by Jesus.

I then realized that through technology, we have the ability to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ in just seconds across the world to people who do not know him. We can be a witness his love, offer help, hope and encouragement to millions in such a short time... that is what is greater.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

if he had no pulse for 10 to 15 minutes and no one worked on him and they were a nurse, EMT, or paramedic please do not let me be in need of their services anytime soon.
i am certainly thankful that whatever happened to him God touched him and strengthened him.
he is not one of my favorites, heard him several years ago and was not overly impressed with how he treated people or acted towards others. THAT has nothing to do with rather he can preach a message or not, just my opinion on how he treated people. I certainly do not wish trials or problems on him.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Think he will? (And I don't mean "on the last day".)
Don't know if he will, but I believe he can.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV