Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Canadian Flavour
Facebook

Notices

Canadian Flavour FROM C2C ~The Canadian Corner~

View Poll Results: As a Canadian, who do you favour?
Democrats 3 75.00%
Republicans 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

Canadians Favour Democrats or Republicans?

Hello, I'm an American but I was reading an interesting news article and wanted to know what some of our Apostolic Canadian brothers and sisters felt. As you most likely know the United States is in the political primary process. The article I was reading is about a poll taken in Canada asking who Canadians felt closer to in American politics, the Democrats or the Republicans? The following statement jumped out at me...

Quote:
"Respondents said they felt closer to the Democrats by a 4-to-1 margin — and even those who called themselves Conservatives appeared to reject the Republicans."

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/291783
I was wondering, is this also true of our Apostolic Canadian brothers and sisters?
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 03-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: Canadians Favour Democrats or Republicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Hello, I'm an American but I was reading an interesting news article and wanted to know what some of our Apostolic Canadian brothers and sisters felt. As you most likely know the United States is in the political primary process. The article I was reading is about a poll taken in Canada asking who Canadians felt closer to in American politics, the Democrats or the Republicans? The following statement jumped out at me...

I was wondering, is this also true of our Apostolic Canadian brothers and sisters?
I am an American who has lived more than 37 years in Canada, except for the 8 years we were missionaries to Hong Kong. My observation is that the Liberal Party would certainly favor the Democrats and the Conservative Party generally. I think that the above mentioned statement reflects the unpopularity of George Bush, and he happens to be a Republican.

I read this morning that the Liberal Party is accusing the Conservative government of leaking the memo about Obama to strengthen Clinton in yesterday's primaries, because they want to insure the Republicans run against her and not Obama.