Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Banned

My Concerns About Apostolic Friends Forum

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm respectfully writing this post expecting a sincere opinion from other posters, even admin if at all possible. I'm disgusted with false Christian theology that's plastered through-out AFF's threads. I just re-read AFF's rule and regulations, which are as followed:

"Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic forum. Apostolic is defined as: Those that believe that every sinner must repent of their sins. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues."

Next, the rules of conduct read:

"This discussion board is for Apostolic Pentecostal Christians who believe that the Bible, in its entirety, is the Word of God, is without error, and that it is completely relevant today. Apostolic Pentecostal Christians We do not, however, give place for the tearing down, the disputing of, or destruction of, Apostolic doctrine faith in any form. The propagation of any doctrine that is contrary to the Apostolic doctrine is not welcome here

The forum regulations clearly read this forum is for Apostolic Pentecostals (see AFF regulations for definition of Apostolic, or see above). The regulations also state AFF doesn't allow the "tearing down" or "Destruction" of Apostolic faith. The regulations state those that do so aren't welcome here.

There are many here who disagree, and teach contrary to what you (AFF) has defined as Apostolic. You (AFF) have said you wouldn't allow the "tearing down" of the Apostolic faith, as you defined in your forum rules. Yet, I read many posters here claim speaking in tongues isn't evidence of Holy Ghost infilling or isn't necessary (contrary to AFF rules), or baptism in Jesus name isn't necessary (contrary to AFF rules).

So now, I, plus other posters call on AFF to rewrite or reinforce their forum regulations. Please show us how dearly you adhere to the Apostolic doctrine, as your forum regulations claim you do.

Respectfully,
1Corinth2v4

Old 09-21-2009, 09:09 PM
La vie est un voyage

Re: My Concerns About Apostolic Friends Forum

I agree!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:10 PM
of 9!! :)

So do I!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Administrator

You would post this just as I'm heading to get some sleep. I'll be back tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how many responses I have to read tomorrow before I have a chance to write my own response.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Old 09-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Saved by Grace

I personally agree. I don't have a problem with the posters that aren't apostolic, but i joined the forum to have biblical discussions with those of like faith, although I believe seeing things differently is best for fruitful discussions.

However, there are more and more who not only don't believe in the most basic, stripped down version of Apostolic Christianity as defined by AFF, but the number of those who don't even consider themselves Christians continues to grow.

And these people post about 1000 times a day. So AFF is flooded with their junk.

True, what makes (or made) AFF so interesting was that almost no doctrinal topic was/is censored. But now it is far beyond doctrine. No people post against the authenticity of scripture or even that Jesus Christ is God. There seems to be nothing that is out of bounds.

I am in complete agreement with 1 Corinth on this one, either RE-WRITE the forum regulations and statements of beliefs or clean up the forum, as Edward Aglin suggested a couple weeks ago.

I certainly would say AFF is less apostolic by the day. I wonder, if we took posts counts for the last 2 weeks if more posts were made by those who positively deny being "apostolic", than thos who would consider themselves "apostolic".

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 09-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinth2v4 View Post
I just re-read AFF's rule and regulations, which are as followed:

"Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic forum. Apostolic is defined as: Those that believe that every sinner must repent of their sins. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues."

I can agree with all of the above as long as those in charge don't add that someone will go to hell without the "evidence" of the HS. Is is an assumption, not a fact, that a person's sins are only forgiven if they speak in tongues.

Next, the rules of conduct read:

"This discussion board is for Apostolic Pentecostal Christians who believe that the Bible, in its entirety, is the Word of God, is without error, and that it is completely relevant today. Apostolic Pentecostal Christians We do not, however, give place for the tearing down, the disputing of, or destruction of, Apostolic doctrine faith in any form. The propagation of any doctrine that is contrary to the Apostolic doctrine is not welcome here

What is the debate room for? Just curious. Tearing down, okay, destruction of, okay, but questioning? Well, I guess I would get kicked out. I hope I don't get kicked out, I learn so much here. I even found out last night that something I believed was wrong.

So now, I, plus other posters call on AFF to rewrite or reinforce their forum regulations. Please show us how dearly you adhere to the Apostolic doctrine, as your forum regulations claim you do.

Respectfully,
1Corinth2v4.
]Here's hoping I don't get kicked out. Sincerely, I am seeking what is really in the Bible, not just what people teach is in there. I have learned a LOT here.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

Many of the people who once believe all those things have either changed their minds or come out of the closet about their beliefs. We still have close ties to the Apostolic movement but don't consider those our beliefs anymore.

I once thought that maybe I could help someone make sense of the confusion that is consistent within the movement. That maybe I could help rescue someone as I had been rescued. But I realize that people are leaving the movement so fast they don't need my help. I sometimes worry that there won't be anyone left and that people won't believe me when I tell them what I came out of. Without this forum and those who teach grace I might have never made it back to God at all. I was very close to giving up on God because of the confusion doctrinally within the Oneness movement. I thought Apostolic Pentecostalism was the truth and if it was the truth then there were big problems.

Because of what I have learned here my life has drastically been changed for the better. I now believe that I am saved and know that I have been changed by the power of the Holy Spirit but I admit that I am no longer "apostolic" in belief or practice.

I am thankful beyong words for what God has done for me and the work that has taken me from a unloving, selfish, tormented soul to a born again new creation in Christ.

Thank you to all those who have contributed and had a huge influence on my life.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingOne View Post
]Here's hoping I don't get kicked out. Sincerely, I am seeking what is really in the Bible, not just what people teach is in there. I have learned a LOT here.
So have I, but I have been so scarce lately because I know I'm not really welcome here.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 09-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
So have I, but I have been so scarce lately because I know I'm not really welcome here.
I'm beginning to wonder who is welcome. We have these threads about once a month.
Closed Thread